Print Thread
#392098 14/11/09 01:38 PM
R
Rhanald Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
hello, i just got the game, i made my character and im on the quest that i need to go to the village. But right before the entrance I just stop moving. I can only move my camera up and down. im 3 steps away from a NPC but he doesnt walk towards me to talk or anything.

Been standing there for 10 minutes and nothing has happend. What do i do?

Start a new game?

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
R
Rhanald Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I tried, but i just stop moving... the game doesnt crash or anything.

journeyman
journeyman
can you provide screenshots?

cause i had similar bugs, i mostly resolve it with: a save, restart the game. and load the save game. but if that doesnt work. you should try the technical service of the game.

also be sure that you did all the nescesary Quest assignments you are supposed to do...

-Magiz

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

stranger
stranger
That happend to me when i foun 3 persons sliping in the grass and when they wake up the game stop and i can only move my camera up and down i don`t know why

S
S
go in the other direction, that is the zepplin guard

N
stranger
stranger
N
Yeah got the same issue at the three sleeping people and now facing it again at Kali's Headquarters and I can't finish my quest! How do you deal with this?!?!?!

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I had it once just as I killed raze. The game goes in cinematic mode and stays there. Only thing that you casn do on the 360 is press the guide button and go to the dashboard, restart the game, reload and pray it will not happen again...

N
stranger
stranger
N
Nevermind, it seems there was some bug witht the map itself when it loaded.
I entered the room and there where no enemies at all and only realised the bug when I reached the cutscene at the last room.

To fix such a problem it seems you need to re-enter the previous map so that enemies can load up again and then enter the last map where hopefully youll get all the enemies spawned normally and the cutscene will work.

In more Detail what I did was restart the game which didn't fix anything, loaded the previous save which didnt work either (in fact when such a bug appears even if you travel to the battle tower there will be no enemies or people around at all, no alchemists no servants no dancer no nothing!) so at this point I used the portal to travel to another map (Orobas Fjords) which had people and things loaded up normally, and then reentered Kali's flying Fortress and then Kali's Headquarters and finnaly, after killing some new enemies that where not there before, killed Kali in her unbugged room.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
sometimes the game locks up on me... sometimes it gets stuck in conversation, sometimes I fall through the ground, sometimes I get stuck doing an animation, etc...

Half the time I can "break out of it" (if you are stuck doing an action / animation, try triggering it AGAIN, or triggering something else.. example, if stuck walking forward, hit the forward button, if stuck doing a jump animation, try jumping... or unsheathe / sheath your weapon, change weapons, etc.

If it is really bad, ALT + F4 to exit game, or ALT+CTRL+DEL to terminate it... save often, reload as needed.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rhanald
hello, i just got the game, i made my character and im on the quest that i need to go to the village. But right before the entrance I just stop moving. I can only move my camera up and down. im 3 steps away from a NPC but he doesnt walk towards me to talk or anything.

Been standing there for 10 minutes and nothing has happend. What do i do?

Very easy to reproduce this bug.
Start a new character. Go up the hill to the entrance of the village where the npc is standing.
To the right there is a small mound of dirt.
Stand on that and you cant move anywhere.
The only option is to start all over again or quick save just before.
Not a great impression of how bug free the game is unfortunately. frown

O
stranger
stranger
O
Ended up with same problem.

This far, but no further: http://imgur.com/pZvWN.jpg

Talked with the very first two npcs, walked toward village, and get stuck every time I get close to the npc (Edward i think?) at the entrance to the village. Doesn't matter which direction I come from. Can't move in any direction. Just the camera, back and forth. It's like it's about to initate a cutscene, but doesn't get further than the "freeze-character-in-place" part :p

Making new char, or restarting game doesn't help. Worked fine yesterday, so have no clue what's up.

Edit: Oki, so... changed all graphics settings to the minimum, restarted game, and now the npc initiated dialogue normally. Changed graphics settings higher, to what they were before, and didn't bug out like before. So guess it fixed it somehow :x

Last edited by Oddi; 25/11/09 08:07 PM. Reason: new info

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard