Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
This is not a flame thread. I just need to know the game I just paid £40 for cant possible look this bad.

The graphics look as if they are made of tiny squares, there is no smoothing at all.
I am playing it on the xbox 360.

I am have a 32" HDTV and have tried all the different HD settings available.

I know this is not normal as I have seen videos of the gameplay that look brilliant so I am not complaining about the graphics.

Has anyone else experienced this? I only got a few minutes into the game before I decided I could not play it, and I really want to. Thanks in advance

Could you make a picture of your screen with a camera (or perhaps you even have a capture card)? I haven't heard of anything like this. Perhaps your console is dying.

Last edited by Willlem; 07/12/09 10:11 PM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
old hand
old hand
Mine doesn't look lole that.
Yeah a image would help!

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I cant take a picture at the moment sorry, I am at work lol.
I don't think by console is dying as everything else plays as it should.

I will try to explain a bit more, imagine there is a diagonal wall, instead of a beautifully smooth diagonal wall you would expect, there is a staircase-esque thing, as if it were made of lego.

Yeah, thats my explanation and i'm sticking to it lol

veteran
veteran
It's ALIASING effect and game doesn't support Anti-Aliasing features.

veteran
veteran
I play also on Xbox360 and I found my graphics very good!!!

I play on a PC-flatscreen (LCD, not plasma or whatever) of 19 inch (Samsung - Sync Master 930 BF). I look realy beautiful for me!
I the beginning I began play my playscreen wasn't not so good, but a little search for the good resolution (I play now with a screenresolution of 1024 by 768 pixels - colourquality on highest (32 bits))
... and so on, it play nice since that time.
I agree, the graphics aren't the same quality as on pc, but for me, more than enough good looking graphics!!

I love this game so much !! Must it be this game was on 2 Dimensional (like DD or BD), I would play it also for sure!!! Quests, gameplay, fun, music, storyline, hidden dungeons or places to go, voice-acting and so more on, I find D II fantastic !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Here are 3 gameplay movies (spanish version) in HD (remember to click on the hd icon on the lower right:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Graphic is surprisingly good, it seems that Larian Studios also managed to apply 2xAA to the game. A great job, winning over the 360 version of Risen.

And...I want that beautiful animated startup screen on pc ! mad

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ghigi

And...I want that beautiful animated startup screen on pc ! mad

Maybe Larian Studios can make a "screensaver" with that "animated startup screen" ?? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
What is most important in the end is that the game's performance is generally good.

Compare with Gothic 3, which had amazing graphics (even surpassing Oblivion in many ways) but ran abysmally bad.

apprentice
apprentice
In my case. Gothic 3 with it latest patch runs smoother than Divinity 2.
What is the problem?
Processor? No, I have 2,8 dual core.
Graphic Card? Nvidia 9600 GT. Enough to run de game smooth at least with medium quality.
RAM? 2 Gig. No problem.

Strange. Some people can run the game very well. Some people with the same system cannot.

veteran
veteran
Maybe the problem is not only the game itself, but also the PC?

Suppose:
2 people have exactly the same pc and configuration, windows version and so on ... but one have problems with D II, the other not.
Maybe one person have more ohter programs on pc that are running (but background, programs you do not see) than the other person.
For example some "spyware/adware or other bullshit of the internet" OR your Anti-virus-program!!
Often in past I had problems with pc games and anti-virusprogram or something like that! It's frustrating!

That's the reason I go for a gameconsole and the benefit of an gameconsole like xbox is:
it runs games for that specific console and no problems with requirements or pc-related things!

apprentice
apprentice
Maybe...
But the strange is that i have test a lot of games in my pc (all are new games, 2008-2009) and ALL of them runs perfect in my Pc. So...I dont know what the hell is doing Div II runs bad. Codecs? Sounds Drivers?...Who Knows.
But the issue is something general, and a lot of people have trouble with this game.

veteran
veteran
O, very sad for all people with problems on this game on pc ... frown

I hope a good patch fixed all problems!! laugh
wink

T
stranger
stranger
T
me too i also have problem playing this game on my pc...but i really like it but sad to say there is a bug quest "down the hatch" , but definitely i really like the game...

T
stranger
stranger
T
me too i also have problem playing this game on my pc...but i really like it but sad to say there is a bug quest "down the hatch" , but definitely i really like the game...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by tetsuninja
I cant take a picture at the moment sorry, I am at work lol.

You should be home by now.

No picture.....no proof.

Please post one wink

If you are still experiencing this problem on your Xbox 360, take a loot at:

- Is your console running games in 50hz or 60hz?
- Have you switched the video cable to HD (high definition)?
- Have you changed the video settings in the console dashboard to 720p, 1080i or 1080p? These are the HD resolutions.

Check if your chosen settings work fine with other games. Change them a bit and try again. If you like what you see, run D2.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
enthusiast
enthusiast
Check your TV and Xbox 360 settings because there's not much wrong with the graphics in this game from what I've played of it so far.

The only thing I came across was frame rate issues, but these were resolved mostly by installing the game to the HDD.

Are you connecting to your HDTV through HDMI or VGA?

Edit: I tried it last night playing on VGA and it looked horrible. HDMI is definitely the way to go, though some frame rate issues need addressing.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 20/12/09 11:07 AM.

veteran
veteran
My graphics on Xbox are very good (I find) and I play on a LCD flatscreen 19 inch of a good quality (I believe)
wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard