Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello all,

1. What is the top level you can get in Divine Divinity 2?

2. Should I use Wisdom skill up to level 10 (20% skill addition on each kill). Or its useless and best to use my skill points on something else?

Last edited by vanvirts; 08/12/09 11:39 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hey Vanvirts,

I don't know what the absolute max is but i do recall someone on this forum finishing the game with Lvl 34 if i recall correctly.
I think wisdom is usefull if you mindread everybody you meat that way you atleast make up for the XP you lose that way.

Otherwise i think using the points for other skills is better.
Who knows you might get lucky and find usable armor parts with Wisdom skill points enchanted.

Still why not try both on two different characters and deside after level 10 which is best.

Greetzz.
Solo

veteran
veteran
I mindread the most NPC and don't put points in Wisdom. I have found a bow with + 1 point in Wisdom. Sometimes I use it.

I wish to play D II to the End, but what Level I go have on the End, that's for me not important wink But I understand your question.
The most important thing for me is to win from Damian, that Devil bastard grin and more: have a lot of fun with playing D II laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
There is a cap on the level, but I think it is at 60 or something, and even with wisdom maxed out you will never reach the cap in the game. Even if you do all quests and subquests and kill all enemies.

So if you do choose wisdom at a very early stage, it can help you go through levels a bit quicker in the first part of the game.

Tweeting @forktong
maybe there will be an add-on to reach level 60 xD
and one continous with the old char :D:D

A
stranger
stranger
A
I believe I finished at level 33 or 34 too. I skipped mind reading almost completely in Broken Valley, because I was afraid it would cost me. However, I think because of the penalties and bonusses you get for killing below and above your level respectively that mind reading is in fact not a problem at all (at least on a second play through, lets say). For the same reason I also think Wisdom is useless, plus the bonus % is very small; like with many other effects. What use is 10% chance to do 10 damage over 1 sec? A low +1 damage enchantment will beat that, right?

veteran
veteran
rolleyes

Last edited by Macbeth; 09/12/09 07:54 PM.
stranger
stranger
ya i finished with 34

veteran
veteran
I finished and I had level 35,5 ! I mindreaded (almost) every NPC!!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
S
after 3 times the most was 32 and the least 30

stranger
stranger
I've bumped my Wisdom to 9 (at level 27 currently). Seeing as it is possible to redistribute the skill points if things become too difficult, I think it seems like a good idea to invest in Wisdom whenever I have nothing more pressing to invest in.

Cogito ergo doleo
Finished at level 34, but going to try and squeeze out level 35 on my second run.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I mindread anyone that cost more than 250 to mindraed (with 1 point in mindreading), and i maxed out wisdom through the entire game, got to level 34 with 13 points in wisdom. then, i spent money at level 34 to unlearn all my skills, and put the 13 points elsewhere. worked very well.

Though a comment.... i dont think wisdom works in dragonform, and thats dumb. it should

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
i mr evry npc and finish on 34 and second time on 33 only cuz was borring to kill low lvl mobs after lvl 30 i simply ignore them

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I finished the game 1st time at level 35. I did not take Wisdom or Mind reading skill. I read alot of minds, but not all.

Wisdom seems cool for getting extra Xp in you lvl 18 to 30 + range. At low levels it hardly seems worth the points.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi all i test in game how high i can level i reach lv 60 and didnt go further but i check if this can be done even higher, have a nice day all

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Wisdom doesn't really worth it. It might help but frankly you'll end up around 33-35 anyway. I myself mind read only important NPC's, not cuz I'm afraid of losing exp but only cuz I want to level aggressively. There are many tricks to get to level 35, I think Kein even got to 37, but to utilize them will mean a very technical, much less fun, play style...

veteran
veteran
Once you get beyond level 33, the game isn't that much fun anymore anyway because you literally take zero damage from enemies.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Once you get beyond level 33, the game isn't that much fun anymore anyway because you literally take zero damage from enemies.

Only from level 28 enemies.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard