Next Thread
Print Thread
#395843 17/12/09 04:15 PM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I live in the Netherlands and own the game for a few days. A few things from my end as a consumer that wants Larian to have good sales.

No word around what so ever that the game is available.

The game is hard to find, most stores do not have it or know about it. I stumbled over it in a specialized gameshop. Might as well would have chosen an other game.

I do not think this is the way you want it do you?

old hand
old hand
I don't think its the way Larian want to do it.
There not in charge or marketing.
Its unto the Distributor and Publisher to send copies of the game to stores.
The distributor obviously hasn't done a good job.
I really think Larian need a word with there Distributors.

The same here - I have not seen it in stores here in Denmark either, I had to order it online - and then it was sold out - a good thing! So I will get it probably in the beginning of the new year.

But still - people do not know that the game exsist if they have not checked it out online. There ought to be posters and the game itself in the stores.

Who are you to notify as a costumer, who want Larian to have good sales numbers? Anyone we can bug until they do something about it? Unless it is too late? - But if people don´t know that the game exsist - then I do not see how it can be too late to get the game and posters and stuff out in the stores.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Endless
The same here - I have not seen it in stores here in Denmark either, I had to order it online - and then it was sold out - a good thing! So I will get it probably in the beginning of the new year.

But still - people do not know that the game exsist if they have not checked it out online. There ought to be posters and the game itself in the stores.

Who are you to notify as a costumer, who want Larian to have good sales numbers? Anyone we can bug until they do something about it? Unless it is too late? - But if people don´t know that the game exsist - then I do not see how it can be too late to get the game and posters and stuff out in the stores.

If you want to bug somebody.
It'll have to be the Distributor.
Find out who it is and contact them.
Thats what I will be doing contacting Mastertronic to let them know there doing a crappy job.

stranger
stranger
Freerecord shop sells the game well in rotterdam anyway.

But true its not very well known here most never hear of D2 ED real shame:(

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
FRS has it, nice that is a big store . In Middelharnis (Bart Smit, Music Store) it was not for sale. Those are big also.

Well you cannot blame piracy for this.

veteran
veteran
In Belgium,
I find the game in Game Mania and also in Saturn.
Today, I haven't been looking in a Fnac or FRS.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes its unfortunate that in some countries you can't get the game on your local retailer, but in an age of digital distribution and european stores that charge little to nothing in shipping costs (like amazon), there is little excuse to complain about not having access to a game.

Over 90% of my purchages are either in digital distribution, or if i REALY realy want a boxed edition i go to amazon and buy the box. The shipping charges are low and i dont have to stay in-line in the store waiting to pay, plus if you pre-order in amazon you always pay lower than the retail price, its a win-win situation.

Yes its "kinda" bad for sales if people don't have access to the "new stuff" in the stores but honestly people who buy Divinity 2 also have access to online stores, so its not all that hard.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
A lot of games are bought by non-game relatives to give as a present during these days. Impulsive sales by people that find the box nice or ask a salesperson. They do not check online but go to a store to get it over with.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard