Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
More demo links have been added in my original post.

Originally Posted by MysterD
Will saves in this Divin 2 Demo work in the full version of the game coming to the USA retail stores in 2010?

EDIT:
Wait, I don't see any saves.
Does the demo even allow saving?

The best I can tell, it auto-saves at various points, but no option to save or quick save. Kinda silly if you ask me, but it could be worse. Also stuck playing default male character. I've seen these things before in demos.

Is reality just a fantasy?
H
stranger
stranger
H
I just downloaded the PC demo at 1.77 gigs
I do want to try the demo before I pay the price for the full game
Dose the pc demo come with an uninstall?

If the government takes my guns can I carry my Katana
Support
Support

Yes, the PC demo does come with an uninstall program (which asks if you want to keep your settings/saves, but I don't know if that means the saves are compatible with the full game).

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Well I dunno about the PC, but for people on XBOX 360 the demo has just been posted on Live.

old hand
old hand
Look much?
Been on live since Monday.
Theres even a stickied thread smirk

S
stranger
stranger
S
Got this and tried it! Like the game but it was choppy and graphics are substandard. Hopefully the USA release will be better because I'd like to get this for Xbox or my Computer!

addict
addict
Why the heck is the sound stuttering in the PC demo?

You know, I've had a fair number of multiplatformed games - PC games that also are appearing on the consoles - that have had sound troubles of stuttering. Prototype (on the Bink movies - fixed that w/ some messing around and all from reading some forums), Borderlands (only on the intro video, though), Dead Space (which though I did get working), Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (on the end Bink video) and now we can even add Divinity 2 to the club - as Divinity 2 has sound stuttering in-game AND during CG videos. I'm tired of these sound issues w/ games - since the in-game engine for all these games seems to run quite fine!

Also, I should note - Street Fighter 4, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and are ALSO known to have THESE sound issues on the PC, as well. Can't speak on them since I ain't playing any of these - I own them all except COD: World at War.

And yes, I keep my drivers up-to-date (sound card, DirectX, etc), too. So, what's up w/ this? Does it have to do w/ my processor or something being old single core? Or what? Any clue?

PC - Win XP Home, P4 @ 3.2 Ghz single core processor w/ HT Tech, GeForce 8800 GT (with 185.xx drivers - okay, I know, there's newer than that...but that shouldn't cause audio issues here), RealTek audio card, 2 DVD-Burner's, etc.

Last edited by MysterD; 22/12/09 09:53 PM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Well, it's an integrated sound card and if it's some older version, it's not unusuall that it causes some sound issues with new games.
Also, could be because only one processor core.
There's many possibilities that can be cause of this sound stuttering, but most likely your sound card can't handle it well.

stranger
stranger
Just downloaded and installed the demo. No problems whatsoever (until now). Game runs fine...

Happy new year to all !

S
stranger
stranger
S
No problems with the demo here either. However, is there a soft copy of the manual available? There are quite a few things in the game I'd like more understanding of - melee/magic damage of weapons [melee damage = melee damage, but what does magic damage represent?], how/where to enchant, etc.

Support
Support

Kein posted a link for the manual near the bottom of the topic Could someone please upload the English PC manual?.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Whenever I try to start a new game, or change video display options I always have the same error

Runtime R6025
pure virtual funtcion call

I've looked around and can't seem to find a way to fix this

Support
Support

hmm... Google says that error is related to Visual C++, so:

From the topic First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes
3. Make sure the Visual C++ redistributable files are installed. You can install them from our DVD:

[DVDROMDRIVE]:\Support\Visual C++\vcredist_x86.exe

That's it. If that doesn't help, you may want to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling again (maybe even after a reboot after the uninstall) cause apparently that has helped people here as well...

Thess files are also available directly from Microsoft.

V
stranger
stranger
V
yeah, nothing helps matters, something just keeps throwing that exception

addict
addict
I get really bad sound stuttering, the demo doesn't load at all, just hangs at the load screen after the intro movies. disagree

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard