Next Thread
Print Thread
#396215 20/12/09 08:13 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis FAQ

About Divinity 2

Developer/Publisher: Larian Studios/DTP Entertainment AG (UK), CDV Software Entertainment (US).

Game Engine: Gamebyro (Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Fallout 3).

Platforms: Xbox 360/PC

Release date: November 20th 2009 (UK), January 5th 2010 (US)

Players: 1 

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis (Latin for "I, of the dragon") is a sequel to the Divine Divinity computer RPG series. The game is a third person RPG that later allows the player to switch between human and dragon forms in combat at will.

Character creation

You can choose a character of either gender. The character creation is fairly simple, and not in depth like Oblivion, or Dragon Age, but gives you several options to choose from. Also if you are unhappy with how your character looks you can later change how he/she looks by visiting an Illusionist (there is one in the training area for your convenience so you can see what your character looks like in game before proceeding further) who can change how your character looks entirely, from voice to gender. At this point you can also name your character. You do not assign attributes, or skills, when starting a new character. You start with 1 point in all attributes and get given an extra 4 points in either strength, dexterity, or intelligence, depending on the type of initial training (warrior, ranger, mage) you wish to finalise with (you can try all three out before you finalise). When you finalise you will also have one skill available to use, and will be given a weapon to keep permantly (which is the weapon you train with).

Levelling up

When you earn enough experience points you can level up. You can add points onto your attributes, and choose one skill to either learn or improve, depending on your level. You do not need to learn skills at the top of the skill tree to learn skills further down the tree, it's purely level requirements (unless otherwise stated). You do not have to stick to your initially chosen path. In fact you are encouraged not to. You may pick skills from any class tree, without penalty, though you will need to assign attributes accordingly to either access them and use them efectively.

However levelling up your dragon is handled automatically. You can only choose and improve abilities for your dragon by finding specific books in game. All experience you earn as a dragon is shared with your human avatar.

Combat

Combat in Divinity 2 is real time hack and slash style. You can also pause combat anytime to assess the situation and use potions, skills, etc. You can fight with melee weapons, ranged weapons, magic, and unarmed. You can fight freely or use the games targeting system (hold left trigger and use the right analogue stick. to switch targets) in any of the different combat styles Some skills require you to be locked on to use, and rangers, along with dragons almost always will need to use the targeting system to be effective. You can fight with two handed weapons, and can also dual wield. You can also take to the skies as a dragon and rain fire on your foes from above.

Interaction

This game has alot of interaction, whether it be with NPC's or with items in the enviroment. You can pick door or chest locks in the game (depending on your current lockpick skill), destroy or interact with, chests, barrels, and crates. Read the minds of NPC's (which I'll come to next), and talk to pretty much any NPC in the game world.

Mind Reading

An interesting feature of the game is Mind Reading. This allows you to read the thoughts of NPC's you interact with at a cost of experience (it isn't taken from earned experience, but instead builds up an experience debt meter which you have to deplete to 0 to earn experience again) so it must be used wisely. Mind reading can open up new quests, assist you in current quests, help you get an idea of what a NPC thinks of you so you can turn a conversation inyour favour, etc. You will need to level this skill up to read the minds of strong headed people.

Battle Tower

Another unique feature of this game is the Battle Tower, which you will unlock later in the game. The Battle Tower has several amenities that you will no doubt find useful.

Runners: These are basically gatherers. They will farm gems, ores, and herbs. You can make them more effective by having them trained and getting them better equipment. They need to be healed before you can send them out again.

Battle Chest: This is basically your storage. You can send items to your battle chest even in the middle of a dungeon.

Wayshrine: Basically a teleporter. You hae to find and activate wayshrines in the world of Rivellon to be able to travel to them.

Illusionist: Will allow you to change how your character looks, from voice, to gender.

Necromancy Ring: This allows you to create your own creature to summon in combat to assist you, by using limbs you have collected on your travels. You can swap the creatures head, torso, arms and legs. Different creatures body parts offer different strengthes and weaknesses. You can make the creature melee, ranged, or magical. When it dies you can re summon it after a cool down period.

The Alchemy Garden: Basically this is where you brew your own potions. You will need to supply your alchemist with ingredients however.

Enchanting platform: This will allow you to enchant and disenchant weapons and armour.

Skill Trainer: This will allow you to discover and improve skills past the starting skill cap.

Achievements

You can find an achievements list here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/divinity-2-ego-draconis/achievements/

Updates

There is currently a patch in development for all versions of Divinity 2. You can read more about it here: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=394638#Post394638

It is not known at this moment in time if there will be any DLC in the future.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 20/12/09 08:13 PM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This FAQ was created for gamers who are looking to make a purchase of Divinity 2 but need some more basic information about the game before laying down their cash. Therefore I have simply covered just the basic features of the game that most would probably ask about.

This FAQ is written based on the Xbox 360 version.

Anything that isn't answered in this mini FAQ feel free to ask and I'll answer it when I can.

If anyone spots any obvious mistakes please let me know so I can correct it accordingly.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 20/12/09 08:22 PM.

old hand
old hand
What does Magic Damage mean?
I keep seeing on on my weapon stats.

How do you duel wield.
I don't see any option in the menu about it.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

Magic damage is the amount of magic damage you deal with that weapon. This comes in handy against enemies with a high melee or ranged resistance but not magical.

How do you duel wield.

Place a one handed weapon in your main weapon slot and another one handed weapon in your shield slot.

You can put points into dual wielding to allieviate the penalty for dual wielding via the skills page.

stranger
stranger
Not a bad FAQ just thought i would add a couple things. You could put wishing wells in there those are pretty neat and this was released stateside 12/29/2009. Hope this tid bit was helpful for you FAQ!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I haven't even come across any wishing wells yet, lol.

I'm under the impression the current US release is a Gamestop exclusive?

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 31/12/09 06:17 PM.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare

Magic damage is the amount of magic damage you deal with that weapon. This comes in handy against enemies with a high melee or ranged resistance but not magical.

How do you duel wield.

Place a one handed weapon in your main weapon slot and another one handed weapon in your shield slot.

You can put points into dual wielding to allieviate the penalty for dual wielding via the skills page.

Whats my Shield Slot.
I dont have one equiped.

I don't see anything about Dual Weilding in the Skills Page.
All I see is Warrior,Priest etc headings with things like Whirlwind.

Sorry I've just not had time to work things out properly.
Barely played it since November.

stranger
stranger
May be it is because thats were I bought it, and on top of that there is almost no advertisement for it stateside. I just happened to luck upon it about a week before its release and am I forever greatful! But anyway not trying to hijack ... I have only found 1 wishing well and ....

Small spoiler alert****************************************************************************

Depending on the amount of gold you throw in you get a reward, thats all I'll say ... I would save before hand encase you dont like the reward.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Whats my Shield Slot.
I dont have one equiped.

It's directly under where you equip your main weapon (offhand).

I don't see anything about Dual Weilding in the Skills Page.
All I see is Warrior,Priest etc headings with things like Whirlwind.

It's on the very far right vertical row near the bottom (Dragon Knight/Slayer skills). I think it's called Two Weapon Fighting. It's the same section where you upgrade Mind Reading and Lockpicking etc.

old hand
old hand
Thanks.
Your a great help smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Anytime.

stranger
stranger
If I have reflect on my armor or any other skill that im not trained in yet, do i still get the bonous? I see the points in the skill on my skill list but I have no points in it myself, do I still reflect even tho im not 20 an cant train in it yet?

Support
Support

Yes.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard