Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am buying Divinity II (PC version) because of my affection for Larean Studio's original creation Divine Divinity.I also liked the second game but could not get it to play properly on my PC so I never was able to finish it.

I don't want to play the Demo cuz I don't want to spoil the game for myself. What I hope is I won't be disappointed with my purchase. I hope this does not play like a console port. Those of you that have the PC version of the game or have been playing the PC Demo,how intuitive are the games interface and controls? I promised myself that I would never buy another console import so I hopeI am not going wrong here.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
stranger
stranger
I'm enjoying it a lot. A bad console port to me is Oblivion. And I'd say that D2's interface is nowhere near as clunky or frustrating as that. Everybody's reactions are going to be a little different but I say they did a pretty good job. Combat controls feel intuitive to me...menus are easy to open and close...I like the way the game is designed.

OP Offline
Thank-you PseronWyrd for responding to my inquieries! You seem to be giving your honest opinion from your experience with D2 and have therefore assauged my fears somewhat. Thanks again! Oh yeah ....Just out of curiosity,did you you play the original DD? The reason I ask is because I am wondering how the game compares to that one in terms of the Larian Studio witty comical charm the original game possesed??? I certainly hope so because I don't think I have played a game that was so funny without being over the top silly ever..... I can remember my sidesplitting laughter alot while playing DD!!! That was enjoyable!

Last edited by LordFess; 29/12/09 03:47 PM.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Divinity2 is a PC game, ported to consoles actually. I'm guessing that's why there's no PS3 release, cos that isn't as easy.

To be honest, the game is awsome in many many ways (Characters are charming and funny, quests are actually good and not just some random bull like in other games). But the PC version has some stuttering issues for some players if you don't have a good PC, so bear that in mind wink
It shouldn't be of much concern, but I'm just saying... wink

OP Offline
Thank-you Chimeray for your response! Sounds like it's going to vintage Divinity!! I really look forward to playing it tonight when I get home from work..... I just picked up my copy from GameStop!! Bless their hearts for releasing it before the New Year holiday!!! Yay!!!! Now I shall read the manuel.....Lots o fun!!!!

Last edited by LordFess; 30/12/09 12:55 AM.

OP Offline
Ok done with the manuel!!! Well, surprisingly the manuel was a delightful read unlike most game manuels that can be extremely boring to read. It seemd to be very thourough and well done.

It's funny ..... sometimes you can almost determine how good a game will be by just reading its manuel.

Last edited by LordFess; 30/12/09 01:00 AM.

OP Offline
Ok I installed the game on my computer and played last night for a few hours and am happy about the entire experience because everything went without a hitch. I am playing in the highest resolution available with all video options set to max and I can tell you the game played like a champ....very smooth and fast.. I am extremely happy I purchased the game and so far I am enjoying everything about it......
Thank-you Larian Studios for this fine game!! hehe

Last edited by LordFess; 30/12/09 10:23 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard