Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#398697 06/01/10 12:17 PM
Snow Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I think the game would benefit from a PS3 audience, heck even BioWare came to their senses and released DA:O on the PS3.

The difficulty of this game is comparable with Demon's Souls in a way (although Demon's souls is definitely harder).

Also, what's the reason for no Steam Achievements? It can't be that hard to implement?

P.s. not complaining, I love this game it's the best RPG I've played in a long, long time.

old hand
old hand
Maybe because it takes too much time and effort to port it over to PS3.
Where as its easier to do port games from PC to Xbox.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Because Larian probably hate Sony. smile

It's probably the time and resources, maybe they're even working on a PS3 port for all we know.

old hand
old hand
[troll attempt]Because the X360 is the superior console. [/troll attempt]

:P

^ You have gotto be kidding me.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't try a console war. Both are pretty much equal technically.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm glad D2 is limited to PC/360; I'm getting tired of all the games that give in a port htemselves over to the PS3 - or maybe I'm just selfish and glad for once that WE have a possibly wanted game that the PS3-only users don't get.

Besides, if it was ported over to the PS3 then D2 will HAVE to get all these PS3 only features because Sony doesn't like direct ports without them getting one over on the 360/PC versions. /eyeroll

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arii
I'm glad D2 is limited to PC/360; I'm getting tired of all the games that give in a port htemselves over to the PS3 - or maybe I'm just selfish and glad for once that WE have a possibly wanted game that the PS3-only users don't get.

Besides, if it was ported over to the PS3 then D2 will HAVE to get all these PS3 only features because Sony doesn't like direct ports without them getting one over on the 360/PC versions. /eyeroll

What the hell are you babbling on about.
Stop you clearly are talking rubbish.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Originally Posted by Arii

What the hell are you babbling on about.
Stop you clearly are talking rubbish.

It's true as far as I know. I even recall on another forum of mine someone mentioning it, how Sony has some sort of clause that any ported games cannot be the 'exact same' as the 360 versions or whatnot - hence why so many games originally 360-only but later ported over to the ps3 often have so many 'ps3 exclusives'.

smirk

I'd look for the original thread that linked to more info but, eh, unfortunately I have better things to be doing... like work and playing more D2. :p

old hand
old hand
What do you mean Hence why 360 only games are ported to PS3 Later.
Thats called a flipping timed exclusive.
Nothing to do with Sonys supposed demands.

Just look at Bayonetta its the same on both consoles content wise and that was ported from Xbox to PS3.

Believe me what ever you've read is lies.

M
stranger
stranger
M
As an avid PS3 and PC gamer (and occasional 360 gamer as well, although mine died a couple of months ago and I don't really have any intentions of replacing it)) I think I'll have to join in on DivineGamer's "What the hell are you babbling on about. Stop you clearly are talking rubbish."

But as for the original topic, I honestly don't mind that some games are platform exclusive (or limited to two), although that was one the reasons I bought a powerful gaming PC again earlier this year, after almost exclusively having played console games for the previous year and a half (but before that I had always been a PC gamer - well, after the C64 and Amiga days of course).

addict
addict
The PC and 360 have similar hardware infrastructure. The PS3, specifically the Cell and its SPU's, take quite a lot to develop for, both in terms of money and team size. And they couldn't easily port it from PC to PS3, they'd have to build it from the ground up. This would be very expensive and it'd take a lot of time and energy, thus it's not worth it for the rather niche audience that would be buying it.

Last edited by Libertarian; 06/01/10 10:49 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard