Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi There dis my first post so please help.

Iv Been Playing For a while and my charater is level 21 but my stats arent very good and i keep having to start again to see if i can make him better but i keep having trouble building him up.

Oh Yah and i keep starting again when im at that place near broken valley Ojabs Fords Or Somthin Iv Got Dragon Morf stone and that but i feel like my character is built up enough cause all the imps keep annihilating me.
PLease Help me

Fighter - 21

Stats:
Vitality - 34
Spirit - 21
Strength - 30
Dexterity - 18
Intelligence - 15

Skills:
rush attack - 5
Whilwind - 5
wisdom - 3 or 4
Two Handed Weapon Expertise - 4
Regeneration - 3
Lockpick - 1 or 2

You rely on potions too much, get Summon Ghost to level 5 and he will help ALOT and get Charm too, you can charm one of those Imp Shamans or Imp Healers and they will do a great job too smile

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
why dont rely on potions ? is not liek they are limited or sumthing u can easy drink potions in every fight true game liek alot of potions. just make your battle tower runner get u diamonds sell it and u an buy any amount of potions or make it in alchemist whatever
also rush atack on 5 ?? wtf
rush atack is good on lvl 1 as ability to fast atack this punny archers so u dont need put points in dex whirlwind sux too 1 points is enought
wisdom totally useless u can mind read any one in game and still get lvl 34-35 at end without 1 point in wisdom 2h good
regeneration totally no much better is speal hell lock pick whatever

and btw how is posible u got o small amount of skill points? mind read every one!!!! tons of npv will give u skill/ability points at end i got like 5-6 unused skill points cuz all skills i use was maxed on that lvl frown
advice no no to vitality
no no to spirit

max str and int for meale u will get alot hp from items and same mana

if u fighter u need firewall cuz u will be borred to death at end of game due of tons of underlvled mobs

my build 55 str 55 int 20 vit ( from items mostly) 20 dex 20 spir (something liek that)
rush -1
wirling blade -1
flame wall - max posible
2h - max posible
fatality - max posible
mana drain - 1
hp drain - 1
bleeding - 5
mana usage skill - 5
heal - 5
this revenge aura around 8 but its sux whn enemy hit u for 0

sword enchantments mana drain + magic damage

my undead creature 2 k hp and 8-8 mage head

and with that build i kill last boss without any problems on lvl 33

old hand
old hand
It seems like you miss out quite a lot of skill points from mind read. As warrior, raw damage is the main priority, therefore weapon mastery is the 1st that need to be max out when possible. When your base damage increase, your skill damage will follow as well. And as warrior, you need to soak up damage. Therefore your resistance on various damage need to be prioritize. At your current level, if you manage to get all 3 resistance to 40%+ range, you shouldnt had problem to survive fjords. So your point investment into vit and spirit should be stop by now for the moment, where you need to concentrate more into the 3 other stats, str, int and dex. Getting good armor with good defensive stats can help a lot as well. My rush and whirlwind are both rank 1 till end game, where I only put few more points on them with extra skill points. Bleed will be a good skill to invest for warrior. Put some points to thousand strike for taking down tougher mobs.

If all skills listed above is all you have and you dont have any more spare skill points, you will seriously be in tough situation later. I finish the game at lvl35, and when I reskill before end game, I regain back around 60+ to 70+ skill points. What you can do now is reskill and dont put points into wisdom 1st for now. Reduce both rush attack and whirlwind to 1. Max your weapon mastery, follow by bleed and regenerate. Get 1 point into thousand strike and some points into mana efficiency. Get 1 or 2 points into demon summon and firewall, but I dont use firewall much. With your creature and summons, you should able to face obstacles in fjords without much problem with appropriate gears. Try to get higher rank hp potion recipe from merchant for potion brewing.

What we provided you here is merely suggestions. Go make a save before reskill and try out different strategies and builds which suitable to your playing style. As long you can proceed on without much trouble, then you are considered as found your own survival way in the game.

Last edited by ACSS; 07/01/10 05:10 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Everyone Iv Tried What You Guys Said I Started Again And Now My Character Is Unbeatable THANKS
But Jst WOndering If You Mindread All The Time Does That Mean i Have To IInvest Points In Mindread.
Also Doesnt It Payoff As A Big Debt in the end How Are You Suppost to Payoff the debt and level up at the same time?
I Play Dis Game On Xbox 360

Last edited by Divinity 2 ED; 07/01/10 11:24 PM.
Support
Support

Someone else said that even with Mindreading on level 1, you should still end the game at level 34-35 (which is the usual; highest I've seen reported is 38). I don't have the game yet (will today), so I'm not sure how much practical effect boosting Mindreading has.

Mind read someone for 1k exp and you are in debt for 1k exp. when you do a quest got 1200 xp you pay off the 1k exp debt and gain the 200 left on the end, hope i helped.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So do you mindread anyone say 700 exp debt then you do a quest exp 1000 ohhh.
also how do you get skill points when mind reading plus arent some mind reads worth nothing?

Support
Support

You can get quests from mind reading, that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise, or alternate solutions for some quests that give a better result. You can also get shortcuts for things you could have done on your own anyway, and sometimes useless musings. Generally speaking lower cost mind reads tend to be useless, while higher cost ones are more valuable. You can get useless stuff even from high cost mind reads (such as equipment that doesn't match your playstyle), but generally speaking it should average out as a net benefit.

old hand
old hand
You can save up before mind read to decide yourself whether the content is worth wasting the exp or not. There are a lot high cost mind read which actually provide items which totally useless. And when you reach later game, even mind read some stupid merchant for discount also will cost you few k exp, so it will be hard by just judging through the amount of exp needed for mind read.

Wow lvl38, I bet that guy had extremely high investment on the skill wisdom. Else I dont think is possible.

veteran
veteran
I find most mindreads are very good! Some expensive mindreads gives "new insights"! (skillpoints or statpoints!)

I haven't do all quests (missed the bandit quests in Brocken Valley + vigor Mortis for Naberius too) and to the end I have level 35 + more than half the XP , so I'm exactly level 35,5 wink

That's not to bad if I know I missing some quests!
And I've missing 5 archievements too!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Missing few quests in the early days wont impact your level at all, as those quest merely providing few hundred exp as reward only. Majority will capable to reach 34 to 35 with completion of all areas after the battle tower fight.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What Is Mana Usage Skill And Revenge Aura

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Divinity 2 ED
What Is Mana Usage Skill And Revenge Aura

What manage usage skill you referring to?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The One That marcusdavidus Said I Dont Know If You No Anything About It
What About The Revenge Aura

old hand
old hand
Ohh I guess its mana efficiency. Its an important skill which need to max no matter what class or playing style you apply to your character. The revenge aura should deflection if I not mistaken, which basically is an useless skill. Not recommended.

journeyman
journeyman
mindread works with a debt so if you mindread someone for say 33 exp you have to pay it offf then continoue lvling but the good thing about it is kill exp os dependent on your lvlso if you get 100 exp from kill something when you lvl goes down to 70 mindreading really doesnt affect you because of the kill exp going doown thing because it wont until you lvl so by the time you lvl youll have paid off the debt and more exp in the long run Hope that helped

Last edited by SoulSlayer; 20/01/10 07:18 PM.

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Everybody I might Ask Some More Questions later on but for ow THANKS

stranger
stranger
Question #1

on mana efficiency, its says it decreases the amount of mana you use for your spells an whirlwind, does it work for any other warrior skills like thousand strikes? or any of the ranger arrow shots?

Question #2

which spell is better for crowed control, whirlwind or confusion?

Question #3

does "destruction" ( increase magic attack damage) only work for mage spells or any warrior, ranger, spell that does damage as well?

Question#4

Whats the best resistances to have, melee, ranged, or magic, and should you try to max out only one of them or spread them out?

Question #5

Go's along with question #4, How much body, reflex, will, do you need to not get stomped on? and do you need to max out one or spread them out as well?

I am warrior built

Last edited by Major-Suicide; 13/11/10 07:08 AM.

Support
Support

I don't think I checked mana usage on any warrior skills, but I assume it does. It cuts the mana needed to summon your creature.

I used Whirlwind a bit; never tried Confusion.

Destruction just works on magic spells, AFAIK.

The best resistance to have is whatever your opponent is currently attacking you with. I kept them relatively even, but at various points in the game one could be significantly higher or lower than the others, depending on equipment I found, etc.

I kept strength and dexterity relatively even. I boosted intelligence for the magic resistance (and indomitable will), but my next character I'm going to see if I can get away with neglecting intelligence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard