Hi, I like this game so far, and I have bought every Divinity product. However, there are two issues that are making it more or less impossible in huge group fights with archers.
1) Archers never, ever miss. They have heat seeking missiles. I noticed I did too. Is there some way to disable that for both myself and them, so that we can miss? I don't mind my missing them if they can miss as well. I mean, I can see the projectile just like the magic projectiles so I would like to avoid them.
Whenever I get into combat with let's say 3 melee, 2 archers and 1 sorceror creature, the archers just shoot me to death even though I can dodge around and play hit & strike with the melee. I can avoid maybe 50% of the magic projectiles as well by being mobile, but archers, they get a free pass to kill me and considering some of them put poison on their arrows, it's just ridiculous seeing your health drop 90% in under 3 seconds.
2) How do I block? I was looking at the control panel and looking for a keybind but I couldn't find one. I noticed my character sort of raises his shield in certain situations so I thought I might be able to block those arrows, since if you can't dodge them, they must be blockable?
I guess my questions are related to how do you play this game as a melee. Being that the lifedrain procs aren't every swing, I can't see how you can possibly stay alive in melee unless you use health potions every cooldown, when there are archers shooting you.
I think I am missing a game mechanic somewhere, thank you guys
Oh and here are some things I really like!
1) The main menu (it looks cool and it is widescreen)
2) I was outside an entrance to what I thought was an orc stronghold and when I swiveled my character the sound of orc drums beating was clearing coming from inside the cave. It was a pretty cool effect, I mean it was like those orcs were getting ready to have a feast or something
3) The sword & shield animations are very nice (of course I wish I had a shield bash or something though but it still looks good)