Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#399736 09/01/10 01:38 PM
Met Fan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am getting a ton of bugs when playing the game (mostly annoying save glitches where my saves seem to "run together" and saves bits and parts from each save together in some wierd version. I tried to download the 1.03 patch but it says that it "can't find" my Divinity 2 install. I assume this is because it is only trying to look in the default directory for an install (fairly lame), and Steam itself doesn't believe there are any patches for the game so it isn't offering any.

Is this something that has been addressed (my search for this returned tons of unrelated results so that didn't get me very far). This game looks like it will be a lot of fun, but seriously how does a bug that affected me 15 minutes into the game as noticeably as my saves not working slip through QA?

Support
Support

Are you overwriting saves or making a new save each time? The US Xbox version has a bug (patch sent to MS) where loading a save that had been overwritten could shift the character's location; returning to the dashboard and restarting the game would fix it, and just creating new saves would avoid it.

The small US 1.03 patch was just for the DVD version, to fix a hanging problem when exiting the game. If that fix wasn't already integrated into the Steam release, I think they would have to release a parch formatted for their system. At least with the previous Divinity game patches, they checked the registry for the localization version / language and the install path when run.

I only recall one other person reporting anything similar, and I think it may have been with an Xbox version.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Perhaps some of the suggestions in the First Aid topic might help?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Raze
The US Xbox version has a bug (patch sent to MS) where loading a save that had been overwritten could shift the character's location;

US PC version has the same bug, FYI.

Met Fan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The problem was with the quick save, I now have about 40 saves and I guess it is "working" now so long as I always hit new save. I have also seen a lot of bugs where the game freezes when exiting to windows and where zoning will just cause an "infinite loading" screen to appear.

3 fairly major bugs that happen pretty frequently for this to go through QA. The game is decent, but the QA process means it will be a long long long long time before I buy another game from this studio again. I can understand some freezing, or gameplay glitches and other types of bugs on release, but when you can't simply save your game without corrupting the save game file (and it started about 15 minutes into the game and was EXTREMELY apparent, that is not even trying to test the game.

This is a B- game that was kind of forgettable to begin with, with these bugs it is more of a D and that is only because I am really into RPGs, I would never recommend this game to someone who isn't a big RPG guy.

Last edited by Met Fan; 12/01/10 04:38 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
DivDiv1 was (silly name aside) one of my favorite RPGs of all time, a loving homage to ultima7 with its own flavor. I replayed it several times over the years. Beyond divinity wasn't great, but it was a throwaway. I had high hopes for divinity2. Sadly it sits on my shelf unplayed. It might be a good game, it might not. I just can't see past the bugs.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard