Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
How would one do this on XP, if its possible?

U
apprentice
apprentice
U

Last edited by lynn; 23/02/10 11:26 AM. Reason: Spam
H
stranger
stranger
H
that cannot be done on XP sorry.. the util works but you cannot alter it in the same way..

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yeah your right, I found the option but nothing changed.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Well I found strange and funny but WORKING solution for stuttering. Install Opera Browser(ver 10.10), turn it on and minimize it to tray. Then turn on the game. I tried it 5 times and game is working a lot better. I know it's lame and stupid way but it doesn't matter as long as it works :P
Greetings

Life is an eternal search...
old hand
old hand
If you just want to change the system cache in xp, it can be done through regedit. But I not too sure if it can solve your problem. Do it at your own risk

Hkey_local_machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet \Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
ClearPageFileAtShutdown...change from 0 to 1
LargeSystemcache...change from 0 to 1

Next navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\FileSystem. Here were are going to edit 1 option and add 1 option.

1st Edit NtfsDisable8dot3nameCreation from 0 to 1

2nd Right click away from any REG_WORD values and choose New pick DWORD Value and change its name to NtfsMemoryUsage hit Enter

Now right click on this DWORD and Modfiy...change 0 to 2

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by LUKI
Well I found strange and funny but WORKING solution for stuttering. Install Opera Browser(ver 10.10), turn it on and minimize it to tray. Then turn on the game. I tried it 5 times and game is working a lot better. I know it's lame and stupid way but it doesn't matter as long as it works :P
Greetings

This sounds like such a big troll, I must check it out, downloading now. Is it supposed to remove stuttering completely or just "ease it" like most solutions so far? (like changing through cmd the memory cash)?

EDIT:
Well didn't seem to do anything. I already reduced my sutterings to minimum with turning cash to 2, maybe this is supposed to do the same or something (not completely remove suttering but minimize it), but as far as removing the suttring problem, nothing was changed...

Last edited by Zomgnome; 25/01/10 01:46 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
ACSS, I would really like to try this, but Im not following and have mo idea where to start. What is regedit?

Support
Support

Regedit is a registry editor, a database used by Windows and most programs to store configuration settings, file associations, etc. It can be started by clicking on Start | Run (or WinKey + R) typing in regedit and hitting enter. You may want to make a backup before proceeding, just in case. There are probably better guides than this, but that was what came up in a quick Google search.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
On second thought, Im not going to mess with this.

stranger
stranger
I know its a kinda old thread.
But after hours of trying to fix the stutter i looked for a nocd.

Tried that but still no joy,but i did encounter a prob with the nocd.
things diapered in front of my eyes lol.

Like i was talking to a quest giver that walks around,turned around then turned to look at him again to ask about the quest and he was inv with the ! in yellow above his head.
still tried to click on it and he disappeared.

So no point using a nocd if that happens lol.

But still stuck with the stuttering.
Also used every fix thats possable from this these threads still no joy.

stranger
stranger
Hello, This is my first post please bare with me.

I Recently got Divinity II - Ego Draconis. i have the shuttering, & Slow menus in the game,
My system spec's: Manufacturer: e Machines. Model: ET1331G. Rating: 7.1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II x8 235e processor 2.70 GHz. Installed memory (RAM): 12.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit win 7 OS. display 42" HDTV RCA LCD. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512mb
Driver 8.17.11.9713 HDD 4TB. pageing file 1TB..

As far as i can tell my system exceeds the requirements to run the game. any help?

veteran
veteran
the FPS limiter program did the trick for me. it isn't entirely smooth but I've got at least a 200% better framerate now, it runs a lot smoother and now I'm happy.

Viper
stranger
stranger
I found something that worked for me, i added to a SSD (solid state drive) to my system and moved all the installed files to the SSD and the game is running great no delay in game menu's and the shuttering has stopped completely now, guess it was just a HDD problem i had.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Madcatz, Is your paging file really 1 TB? 1,000 GB?! I really don't think Windows would even begin to know how to use that much page file. I have heard as a rule of thumb is you only need the equivalent of your ram for the page file to be the most useful.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard