Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#402281 17/01/10 09:01 PM
xXIanXx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello

I'm having a few difficulties with my warrior, Brutus. He's just too damn weak and I don't know what I've done wrong. I'm sure the game isn't supposed to be this difficult. I'm on Sentinel Island making my way up to the Battle Tower, but if I get two or more opponents I'm dead within seconds.

Here's a screen shot of my status point allocation (sorry about the image size). Yes, I know I've got unspent points, but no matter what I put them in it seems to make no difference. I've tried to balance out my armour so that I have almost the same resistant to all forms of damage.

Here's a screen shot of my skill point allocation (sorry about the image size). Again, I know I have unspent points, but as above, they don't seem to make any difference.

I'm trying to make a complete barbarian of a warrior, who will use a great 2H sword. Currently he may as well use paper armour and a tooth pick smile

Any help would or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ian.

apprentice
apprentice
Try putting some more skill points into Health Regen. Maybe one in Defensive stance as well as you seem totally geared for overwhelming attack.

Are those your base stats or equipment boosts as well? Also I think you wasted a few skill points. If you could provide pics of your equipment that would help, or at least the weapon.

I'm also playing a warrior type except I'm using Dual Wield which is the most effective weapon type, followed by sword and shield, 1-H and 2-H are about the same, last unarmed is the worst/most difficult to use. I think it was a mistake to put points into the 2-h skill as I'm at the point just after you get the battle tower and I never put any points into weapon-type skills. You also need more points in general battle skills and passive damage skills, as well as better/different equipment. Consider getting a weapon that also has magic damage. You should be able to find a good one in any of the weapon shops, try the guy on the beach near Hermosa, the women in the black boar, or Carlin at the top of Lovis' tower. A weapon with both magic and melee damage can double your power.

Summons aren't that good mainly because you must keep putting points into them for them to be useful. I imagine you got the ghost for its healing ability but unless you only use it between fights enemies will quickly kill it as it's only level one. Your creature is much better backup as it levels with you and doesn't have a timer. Mind-read is also a waste as you should be able to get enough EXP during the game to reach the mid-30's with only one point in it. Life Tap is also bad as you shouldn't need it if your a warrior, besides potions are better and don't sacrifice HP.

As you have 5 points invest in the strongest skills of the game(to me anyway), Fire Wall, Exploding Arrow, and Thousand Strikes. FW is great as warriors will have enemies near them anyway. EA is a great skill to start a battle as enemies tend to stand near each other and can help take away a large chunk of their HP, it's also cheap and can be shot every 5 seconds. TS can one-shot or at least inflict alot of damage on enemies and is great for boss's. You also need a point in Rush Attack as it helps against ranged enemies which should be the first one's you defeat, as well as getting around the battle field. Put the last point in Bleed or Battle Rage to help enhance damage or Mana Efficiency to make skills cheaper. If you can't get enough MP for TS then put its point in life leech to help with healing, or one of the last three I mentioned.

Put about 6 more points in str, and split the rest between spi, dex, and int. Make sure all enemies have been killed in past areas and see if you can get to 18.

Last edited by 30johner; 18/01/10 04:22 AM.
old hand
old hand
First of all do you have your necromantic creature to help you? From your screenshot you had more than enough hp to pass that area. My ranger just clear off those bandits, but havent enter the battle tower. My toon is lvl18, 1 level higher, with only 170+ hp, and I has more unspent points compare to you, which is close to 40. I playing in high difficulty mode.

You problem is on your armor resistance. Its actually quite bad. I guess you need better armor on that. As for you melee weapon, 2 handed sword, I guess using arben's sword would be better with damage enchantments on it. Your weapon damage should be better than your current equipped weapon. Below is a screenshot of my toon's armor defensive

[Linked Image]

As for skill, since you has 5 spare points, put a point into rush attack. It help a lot to charge attack those range mob. Get a point into thousand strike, as this skill is handy while facing boss. Then you need to decide yourself now, either healing or potion effiency. To be honest, potions heals better than healing skills. If you decide to use potions, put a point in potion efficiency. Then 1 point into mana efficiency and mana leech. A point into mana leech is more than enough to keep your mp max most of time, and you wont need stupid skills such as life tap. Mana efficiency is very useful skill. When you max it at rank 5, all your skills mana requirement will reduce by 50%.

There not much tactic for this battle. Just dont blindly charge into enemy groups if you not capable enough. If you have your necromantic creature with you, this fight shouldnt be hard at all. My creature can easily instant kill a bandit with its rank 6 magic blast. I think the biggest problem you had is on your armor. Try go augment with enchantments or get some better ones from merchants.

Last edited by ACSS; 18/01/10 08:01 AM.
ACSS #402361 18/01/10 07:22 AM
stranger
stranger
ACSS, What bow is that? It's got some sweet damage.

stranger
stranger
Maybe is Hermit's bow ?

old hand
old hand
Yup its the hermit's bow. Enchanted with +15 damage and magical damage.

Last edited by ACSS; 18/01/10 08:02 AM.
ACSS #402376 18/01/10 09:17 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Where is it? I hadn't even heard of it.

old hand
old hand
Mind read dragon elf. Only can get once you on sentinel island.

ACSS #402395 18/01/10 10:32 AM
stranger
stranger
Vacca , the dragon elf .

old hand
old hand
OP: Use your remaining stat points to boost dexterity & intelligence & put skill points in Life leech & regenerate.

veteran
veteran
ACSS, what is it what I see on that posted image?
>>>
By the picture of your "Crystal Skull" stays a nummer (8) ... what does it mean?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
xXIanXx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated.

A lot of advice there, unfortunately I'm not high enough level to put more skill point in Regenerate. I have to be level 18 to be able to invest any more skill points in there. Thousand Strikes sounds good but my mana pool is so low I couldn't even use it. I have 170 mana that skill requires 273 at level 1.

I think I may start over, as I'm not sure this toon is now salvageable, and invest skill points and stat points more wisely, and keep a closer eye on the weapons and armour I dispose of. As you know, bag space is at a premium, so I tended to hold onto the plants and ore which left little room for anything else.
It seems I need a lot more mana than I have to execute some of these skills, but I thought strength to be the primary stat for a warrior.

Unfortunately there is nowhere else for me to level up, I've cleared Farglow, Broken Valley and a significant amount of Sentinal Island, unless I try Orobas Fjords, but that's a much higher level area right?

I can't upgrade my creature any further, I've got parts but I can't seem to use 'em. I'm guessing I'll be able to upgrade more once I've gained possession of the Battle Tower?

Of course it could just be I suck at the game smile

Bye for now.

Last edited by xXIanXx; 18/01/10 04:50 PM.
old hand
old hand
You can actually continue with your current character, all you need is some better gear. Since this should be your first play through, you might actually miss some exp. I can reach lvl20 to 21 before fighting laiken in battle tower, without touching any orabas fjords mob. Its just matter how you take quests and kill mobs. Anyway that not important for this.

I dont know if you had inform the seeker lieutenant bout the bandit camp yet. If you didnt inform him yet, then you can get magical gear from the merchant in bandit camp. Beside that merchant at ship wrecked camp in sentinel island also sell magical gears, which is light green color in name. Those gear will give your better stats over the blue rare gear. Also you can go back to broken village black boar inn and get some accessories which boost mp from the weirdo doctor. At level 17, you should able to purchase some accessories which able to add around close to 50mp.

Not enough mp for thousand strike? That why the skill mana efficiency is important. Its reduce your skill mp usage by quite a lot when its rank up. Skill like regenerate is not that important in such early stage, because the regen speed and amount just wont help you to stay alive while being gang bang. It help mostly after battle, where you decide to let your hp auto regen instead of using potions. As for inventory, just sell all useless junks such as books. Raw ingredients max will only took around 50+ to 60 slots from your inventory. I had almost all collected so I do know how much spaces they take.

In early stage, str indeed is primary stat but not while you venture further. Each stat in the game max out at 100. My 1st warrior has less than 50 str at lvl 35, but with all gears and charms stats added up, he get 96 str. Where as my int has a higher base stat at bout 60+, which gears added up it reach 96 as well. As for your vit, dont add anymore points into it anymore. You will able to get accessories which add hp from range 100+ to 200+ later in the game. 1 vit only add 7hp, same goes for spi.

As for your creature, you can always upgrade its part with the necromancer in the cave. Just talk to the necromancer and when he call up the creature construct menu, then you should able to choose your limb parts as you like.

You dont actually need more level now to progress on. Just get better gears. Try make all your resistance type to around 30% above at least. And prepare some better potions, then you shouldnt be having problem to continue on. Just brew your own potions at the alchemy tree. If you had recipe of hp potions which heal 200+ hp, create those as much as you can, and save them for critical state.

Joram: That indeed is crystal skull. I put it to hotkey so I can summon or unsummon through hotkeys. No need get into the quest inventory to look for it every time.

Last edited by ACSS; 18/01/10 06:09 PM.
ACSS #402588 19/01/10 11:31 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
@Joram: It means the number 8 on the Keyboard.

So I'm assuming you play it on Xbos 360?

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
xXIanXx: These are screenshot of some possibles of how better ranking gears help you with stats and hp/mp pools

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by ACSS; 19/01/10 12:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SoulWing
@Joram: It means the number 8 on the Keyboard.

So I'm assuming you play it on Xbos 360?

Thanks to ACSS and SoulWing for the info! wink
I was thinking smirk maybe I can create more than one "creature" grin lol
And yes, I play on xbox...

And like ACSS says: good gear is a must to have for upgrading your stats etc...
Try this:
equip best gear you can find, write down your statpoints and comparing these points with the statpoints AFTER you make all gearslots empty!! (out of all your weapons and other equipment ... lol)
It gives a demonstrable difference, you would see it laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
There no point and too many work to be done, equipped unequipped and record somemore. As long one is being told that stats is max at 100, they should be able to do planning on their stats. Those shouldnt involve heavy calculation at all. As long you do keep some reserved stat points all the time, then it will hardly go wrong.

ACSS #403087 20/01/10 10:34 PM
xXIanXx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you all for the advice.

At last I've had some success. I found that although my equipment had slots for charms and enchantments, none were used, so, I spent a little time buying up some charms and visiting a kind gent that would carry out some enchantments. It bolstered my resistance, armour and some special damage like poison. The surprising thing is I did this without using too many status or skill points.

I must admit I have made a few mistakes with my skill points, but I'll see how I get on with my remaining points. Ghost was definitely a mistake, it's useless.

I'm considering going for some points in Jump Attack, as opponents can't seem to hurt you while you're bouncing around and there is a chance of knocking them back/down. I also like the sound of the Thousand Strikes, but I currently lack the mana for it. I would have to sink some serious status points into spirit to get anywhere with this skill. Maybe some more in Life Leech and Regenerate aswell? I dunno.

I also changed to dual wield which seems to work well.

I'm still not looking forward to the up coming battle with Laiken. I imagine it's going to be a tough battle, but I'm desperate for this Battle Tower now smile

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
tip for the battle with laiken rape his demon lol sorry if that ruins it for u lol

best of the best
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard