Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
stranger
stranger
D
lol i am lvl 30 and have only got the divin and zandala left lol i got up to this by letting 2 pets do all fighting while i hide lol i got no potions so it taken 2 hours get up to this lol by waiting for mana respawn

Support
Support

There is a skill book near the entrance, at the stairs leading to the main room. If you didn't get it already, that could give you some extra flexibility if you want to save and try different tactics (or at least help with mana, if you don't already have Mana Efficiency maxed). If you have a decent healing rate, or are safe when hiding, you could use Life Tap to boost your mana recovery.

I need help with a battle (Spoilers) Ygerna's memory

help im stuck in hall of echoes

Welcome to the forum. wave

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just finished this fight

I was also shocked. The first time the fight started, I was dead before I even drew my weapons. but!, It auto saved for me at the begining of the fight. So I could load that and get ready to maneuver quickly after firing off a Magic blast.

Now the Divines Rush attack does hit like a bus so I had to spam heal pots alot. I ran around and die many times (mainly to the Divine), But my I figured my Thousand strike skill cruified the Divine and I killed him with it pretty quick. (since I have a crit rate of 25 % I guess) level 11 Deathblows ftw wink.

Personally, you have to maneuver alot and Focus on taking out the Divine first. Pick off any loose soliders/Paladins who come your way.

I was level 35.

i found that putting 13 points into health leach made it where i didnt need any health pots at lvl 34...

stranger
stranger
That was a really tough fight. I just finished it today as a lvl 34 mage. After getting killed multiple times with two blows, I came up with this strategy as a mage: RUN!!! :P

I quickly jumped away, ran around the columns and casted a level 10 demon and a necro pet. My buddies made all of the enemies focus on them in the inner part of the room. Then I jumped right in the midst of the enemies while they were occupied and cast a level 13 firewall and repeatedly did a level 6 whirlwind. It took a few times.

veteran
veteran
Nice idea your strategy wildstar wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
smile Best fight in the whole game. Divine one if he had hit me twice I'd have been dead, THANKFULLY you can avoid attacks in this game. Either way when they grouped I could hit more then one of them at a time. (Got to love the dual wield warrior class)
Lot's of potions and lot's of hackng and slashing. But it can be done and when you do it, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But you QUITTERS wouldn't know smile

old hand
old hand
With high enough strength and enough points in Regenerate & Life leech, you don't even need to use any health potion in the ending fight.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virumor
With high enough strength and enough points in Regenerate & Life leech, you don't even need to use any health potion in the ending fight.

This is very intresting!
Do you remember which level your hero was at the moment you do the final battle with points in Regenerate and Life Leech (how much points do you think are at least necessary?)?

I will try those two Skills for sure if I go for a hardcore challenge gamemode this time :hihi:
All things may going wrong ... except my HP-value may NOT go down to zero biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
It was the first time I played the game, I think I was level 34 with 15 points in regenerate and 10 points in life leech. I also had a lot of points in Bleed, which is the best skill to kill enemies fastest. Basically I put everything in passive warrior skills.

My health regenerated so fast that it wasn't even funny.

See here

Last edited by virumor; 09/07/10 07:58 AM.
veteran
veteran
O thanks virumor, I have see your video ... and indeed, Regeneration go fast!
Maybe 15 points wasn't necessary ? wink ... I take max 5 a 10 points, I think.

I like passive skills and Bleed is a great one.

journeyman
journeyman
Did you have a skill point to regenerate in your armour or something??
I was 34 and could only get 11 points in regenerate...?
Hacker maybe?

old hand
old hand
It could have been 10 points in regenerate and 15 in life leech... it's a while ago.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
hmm ... never had any problems in the last battle with my ranger build (difficulty hard) ... strategy was, dogging melee encounters and spamming the room with explosive arrows.

I am hoping for more balanced and epic boss and non-boss battles in FOV

Level 26.

I drank the best resist-all potion I had, summoned the demon and the creature, and proceeded to run around like a headless chicken, spamming Magic Missile, Magic Blast, and Fire Wall.

At about 15 second mark, a 2000+ XP gain informed me that I killed either the Divine or Zandalor, but since I didn't see it, I assume it was either the creature or the demon that did the deed. At 20 second mark, the other "boss" died, after which the surviving paladins were easy pickings. All the while I continued to heroically scurry about chugging potions, and screaming "NOT THE FACE OH MY GOD NOT MY PRETTY FACE PLEASE!!", I'm sure...

It wasn't difficult per se, it was chaotic and crazy and somewhat underwhelming, really. Definitely not epic.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
Support
Support

While it is impressive you were able to succeed at such a low level, your strategy didn't really lend itself to being able to appreciate the combat. Even with more direct involvement, though, I still wouldn't call the final battle epic.

SPOON!!!

"Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy."
-- The Tick

veteran
veteran
Only level 26 ??? Great man ! delight

How did you play the game?
Did you ignore quests, enemies or the XP-rewards after solving quests or ... in this game so you are just level 26 to the final battle?

Damar Stiehl, I'm very curious about this ! wink

T
stranger
stranger
T
hi just thought id say i completed this today at level 32 after my 7th try with only 10 greater healing potions on normal difficulty, i felt pretty proud after reading alot of people struggled with this end battle even when there 2-3 levels higher =]

Support
Support

Your character build and playstyle can have a significant impact on combat, if you are moderately close to your opponents in level.

Welcome to the forum. wave

D
dem Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I beat the final battle but for my character it was too hard to be fun. I drank an extreme healing potion at the very beginning and cast a heal spell on myself. Between the two of them I had 5 seconds to put up a level 12 firewall and cast a level 13 fireball and a level 12 magic blast and a level 12 exploding arrow. then every 5 seconds i would drink another extreme health potion or when my mana was low drink one that restores that too. The battle soon was down to three characters and zandolor lasted the longest. I just barely squeaked by. I was so close to dying but I got him first. What a nightmare. I usually like playing these games through two or three times with different characters and different skill sets but I don't even want to see this game again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard