Next Thread
Print Thread
#403157 21/01/10 06:36 AM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Anyway, so I started a new game, and now I'm up to the part when you go to the Lovis Citadel. But, yet again, I'm too low leveled for it, and can't defeat the undead on the way. Can you tell me some quests I should do / some monsters at level 6 or lower I can kill to get to level 8-9?

Also, what is a good ranger build? I currently got 2 Poison Arrows and 2 Stunning Arrows. Also got 2 in Whirlwind just in case enemies get too close to me.

D
D
Just do all the side quest and clear out all the scattered pockets of creatures and you should be level 10 or so before you get there. Plenty of creatures all around to get some needed EXP.
Find a good bow with magic damage and build up your intelligence a little to boost the magic damage.

Most of those guys on Lovis tower are archers so get up high or behind something if you can and peek out and pick them off one by one. Plus you can time when they are going to shoot and either jump or move to the side a little and they'll miss.
If you can get up high the melee guys will not be able to get to you at all so they are out of the picture till the archers are gone. Summon your creature as well as he will distract them by getting in close and forcing them to go to melee weapons.

I'm a ranger as well and only have 1 set point in poison arrow and splitting arrow. I have one in ranger stealth and ranger strength as well but those are from enchantments or charms. Ranger Strength would be good I'd think as it adds to both magic and regular damage I think.
Oh the poison and splitting arrow I never even actually use. I just upped my dexterity and intelligence and that more then compensates for those skills I think.

I use my summoned creatures to run interference mostly while I pick away right at the edge of my range. A good bow with good damage goes a long way I feel. Enchant that baby up if you can with extra magic or normal damage. The summoned creatures work extremely well in tunnels and such as the bad guys will not be able to get by them till their dead. You just stand back and pick them off before that even happens. Little bit cheatingish by using the guys to block the way but it works. well

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
old hand
old hand
I had 0 points in both poison arrow and stun arrow. There are some lvl7 golbins around, where you should be able to clear them and reach lvl7 or 8 without much trouble. Just pull them off the main horde and you should able to kill them without much trouble.

Completed side quests is not a must, as by just clearing mobs in the wilds, you can get all exp you needed. Once you reach lvl7, you should be able to get your ranger stealth, then it will make you pulling job more easier. Try get your necromantic creature asap and that will help as well.

And as far as I know, ranger strength wont increase magic damage of the bow, unlike other weapon mastery passive which do. As long you are good with shoot and run, you shouldnt be having trouble in the area.

D
D
Ranger strength just says it increases your ranged damage so I'd think that would apply to both regular and magic no.
I'll have to put a point in there next time and watch my stats before and after for both regular and magic.

As I said I never use those skills so they were wasted points. When you activate them you mostly miss with the shot anyways so it is wasted.
Heard you may be able to reset points later in game though so those will get taken away and used for something else if that is true.

Side quests get you a lot of experience though towards leveling up during the reward portion. I just always take the experience option when turning in a side or main quest. The armor or weapons they give are pretty much worthless as well as the money.
Take the experience I say.

I'm level 22 and have not even gotten my battle tower yet.
Just going back there right now to get it, cleared out broken valley of everything, then sentinel island of everything before the book with the warning and the one quest I need to fly for.
Cleared out Oroba fjords as well. Well as much as I could at least before I hit storyline walls.
Leave the little of Orobas you can explore till last before getting the battle tower if you want as it is extremely hard to get anywhere in there till your at least level 18 or 19 I'd say.

Got my level 2 demon and high powered 1000+ hitpoint creature now though so I can just set them loose and go eat a snack and then come back to advance. laugh

Last edited by Diff_1; 21/01/10 07:47 AM.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I've been wondering for a while, but where do you get your creature at the beginning of the game?

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
If you touching the mobs in fjords, many also can reach that kinda levels. By just clearing broken valley and sentinel island mobs only and not touching majority of side quests, ones level can already reach 18. And by turning in the rest of side quests, reaching lvl20 is easy before facing laiken. Quest reward items scales with your level, just like locked chests.

You first need to get the creature quest from a necromancer call naberius. He located in the cave near the broken chapel in broken valley woods. Then you just need to follow what he ask you to do and you can get your creature upon completing his quest.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Can you get your creature after the quest even if you don't have enough / the right parts, or do you need the parts to create it, like your Battle Tower Necromancer?

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
The creature by defaults had basic parts on it. So you can still summon it. It can be use as distraction or for extra damage.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Alright, last question. Can you tell me where those level 7 Goblins are, so I can start leveling?

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
Its just slightly ahead of the ruins where talana die. Once you kill them, you should able to see a teleporter shrine close by. And there a trap door on the ground when you can get into the direlict tunnels. Inside also swarm with skeletons and goblins around lvl6 to 7

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Alright! Thanks!

"Never Try, Never Fail."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I brought up a Ranger and never went out of its bracket except for filling lockpick skill and 1 in wisdom...untill i ws able to start filling (reflect) and (regenerate)...never bothered with stun arrow either just a couple in poison, shattered, and them maxed out (((EXPLOSIVE Arrow))) as soon as possible thereby literally destroying 6, 7, 8 mobs at once lol Explosive Arrows FTW!!!!

Last edited by Dragonbane; 21/01/10 03:28 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
D
D
Hmm never even tried explosive arrows maybe I'll give that a try.

Messing around in the orbodas fjords right now in my dragon form to get the hang of it. The aiming is a little wonky especially since the baddie flyers zip around at light speed.
When I go back to my battle tower I'll reset my points and try explosive arrows.
Reset three times already to try out different things so what's one more. grin

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Meh, on my other character that finished the game, I had a warrior build, so I didn't get to try out Explosive Arrows. But, I put one skill on it when battling Lord John and Lady Kara in the Hall of Echoes, it was pretty cool. 200+ damage an arrow, 5 second cooldown. Pretty cool indeed.

"Never Try, Never Fail."
D
D
See now I'm wondering if it will be worth it as like 20% of my arrow shots are misses. Had 5 misses in a row once. mad
Plus I'm getting 130- 178 on my arrow shots already with various enchantments, charms and other benefits.
Melee guys hardly ever get to me unless there are 4 or more. If they do I whip out my dual swords and slice them down in one hit as my dual wielding deals out major damage each time. The two lords in that fort or whatever to shut down the anti dragon force fields in beginning of Orboas fjords lasted like 3 seconds. That demon lord fight to get the tower lasted like 5 hits and he was done.

Think I may have to crank up the difficulty. rolleyes
Thing is my dragon gets massacred by just a few of those dragonflies as they move so fast I can't get any lock on them.

May give exploding arrows and higher difficulty a shot though just to test it out.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
old hand
old hand
From you damage description, you are just on easy mode or max medium mode only. In easy mode, I can easily blast 1 whole group to die with just 1 explosive arrows. If your game is installed with latest patch, you can go try out the high difficulty mode and I sure you wont say that is as easy as you claim now. I dont see too much differences on high difficulty mode before the patch when comparing after the patch.

Last edited by ACSS; 22/01/10 06:10 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard