Print Thread
#404061 25/01/10 08:41 PM
T
Tukii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
After getting Sassan's ring on Sentinal Island you have to kill 3 monsters. I've tried a couple times now and my character just cant kill them. I've tried using my creature as a tank and they still get me in about a minute. As of right now my character build sucks, no doubt. But I can't re-skill until i get my tower.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tukii #404063 25/01/10 08:51 PM
addict
addict
What skills do you have,what level you are ...
tell me everything
They are pretty easy

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Tukii #404075 25/01/10 11:50 PM
T
Tukii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Alright, right now I'm at level 16 and my stats are as follows.

HP - 277
MP - 208

Weapon Damage 38-79(3-11)

VIT - 18
Spirit - 6
STR - 55
DEX - 8
INT - 14

Skills =

Dual Wielding - 5
Mind Read - 2
Lock Picking - 5
Evade - 3 +1
Rush - 3
Bleed - 2
Life Leech - 2
Summon Ghost - 1
Regenerate - 1

Please note that this is my first character and mistook the importance of some skills. I've only just purchased this game about 4 days ago. Be gentle, lol.

Tukii #404085 26/01/10 12:54 AM
I'm guessing your a warrior. Why don't you have whirlwind listed? you should have gotten one of three skills at the beginning of the game, but none of the three skills you can get are listed.

Your damage should be higher than that. Also what kind of defenses do you have? Summon ghost is a waste unless you keep putting points into it. Try getting Fire Wall and Exploding Arrow as their 2 of the best skills in the game. Thousand Strikes is also good, if you have the MP for it. Mana Efficiency is very helpful as is a point in Mana Leech. Try looking at the beach merchants gear for some upgrades and put the best damage and defense boosting enchantments on them. When you can re-skill, don't put more than one point into mind-read as it's not needed.

Last edited by 30johner; 26/01/10 12:55 AM.
Tukii #404093 26/01/10 01:16 AM
T
Tukii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I only listed the skills I chose to add to. Yes, I have whirlwind but haven't placed any more points into it. Thanks for your advice though. I only chose Ghost because I had some trouble at the beginning. Doesn't work at all like I thought it would though.. But anyways, I got out of the predicament I was in. Completely forgot you can drop the difficulty. Kinda lame but I just want to get the tower so I can re-skill.

Tukii #404122 26/01/10 05:08 AM
D
D
Yea your damage on your weapon/s is way low, far to low for this far in the game and your level.
Find a better weapon, just scroll over them in your backpack and look to see if you get green text over damage, that means it is better. Red means it is less.
Same thing can be done in merchants, scroll over them and see if the damage is greater. Look for weapons you can enchant and add charms to as well, unless your going for a pure warrior build then look for weapons that have high regular damage.
If using magic damage as well then some stat points in intelligence will up that damage.

Skill points in mindread make it cost less EXP though so there is a benefit. I only went up to 3 though for a 25% reduction in EXP cost I think it was. I received lots of skill point and stat points from mind reading so there is a benefit to mind reading.
Heck that wizard guy you go to get the shield from in Aelorth gave me like 7 skill points over 3 mind reads in our various meetings.
Just about any high ranking or important character gives you a point or points in one or the other.

I read every single person in the game I could and almost got to level 36, just a couple kills shy. I just took EXP instead of weapons or something if given the choice for quest rewards. That offset the cost of mindreading plus some in most cases.
Probably would of got to level 37 if I did not level up so high before going into Orobas fjords. All those creatures and black ring in there only gave me 32 EXP total each because I was so high above their level. ouch

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
Diff_1 #404168 26/01/10 12:46 PM
S
S
this time through I am playing as a girl, and it seems that most of my rewards do not have XP in them, I wouldn't think it would change anything but I am having to work harder to lvl up

Shocker #404218 26/01/10 08:16 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Main skills for Warrior are Whirlwind, Rush and Jump attack.......stuff like bleed and fatality are a waste in my opinion, use those points in regen and reflect later,,,if your potion dependant toss a couple points in potion...

Last edited by Dragonbane; 26/01/10 08:17 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
addict
addict
Thousands cuts/somethig like that/ can kill anyone with one hit

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Seriously, the Ghost is no use at your level at level 1. And don't waste skill points on Useless Skills like Bleed, Mind Read and all the Wielding skills. They are a waste of points, IMO. Use them on Firewall, Magic Missle, Whirlwind and skills like that.

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dragonbane
Main skills for Warrior are Whirlwind, Rush and Jump attack.......stuff like bleed and fatality are a waste in my opinion, use those points in regen and reflect later,,,if your potion dependant toss a couple points in potion...

Regen and reflect is totally useless skill. When you had high str with accessories healing aura, you basically wont need it. Potions will save you in critical state but not regenerate. As for reflect, when enemy doing mosquitoes bites on you, what you reflect back is basically mosquitoes bite.

I not sure if you had try out bleed in high rank or not, but you can easily notice it by same old bunch of mobs suddenly die faster as compare when without the skill. But its not a must have, rather as recommended to have. As for fatality, it more on personal preferences, same goes to rush, jump attack and whirlwind. I hardly use jump attack myself, since there is no need for doing so. Thousand strike is good for 1 hit ko bosses, like final boss Divine.

Last edited by ACSS; 27/01/10 12:13 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard