Next Thread
Print Thread
#404953 02/02/10 06:43 AM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I think the game was well-done, aside the Ending, # of Quests, Game Play hours ( More!!!+++ ), and the size of the map. I thought I would be spending alot of hours, doing quests and exploring vasts maps. But they were only a few small maps, and I only spent 40-50 hours on the game. And the ending just made me want to break the CD in half as it was so horrible. I hope the next one they release will have a better ending, more quests, larger maps. Aside from that, the base of the game was there. I liked being able to turn into a dragon (even tho it was close to the end). I don't think any of the developers will be reading this, because (heck) why would they care? I'm sure that everyone thinks that this game is very fun and great in so many ways but I just think that the gameplay hours, ending and map sizes could be boosted up a bit. Thank you for reading this rant/opinion on the game. I won't be playing this ever again unless I am pulled back by some Updates/Expansions. Thanks :]

AzumiTori #404956 02/02/10 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by AzumiTori
... I don't think any of the developers will be reading this, because (heck) why would they care? ...

Most of us read the boards and we do care about everyone's opinion. smile

Greever #404957 02/02/10 09:58 AM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
The second half of the game simply feels rushed. The fact that anyone can tell what I mean by "the second half" (after battle tower) shows how different those 2 halves are, but not in a good way. It could be so much more than this frown

Zomgnome #404982 02/02/10 03:40 PM
veteran
veteran
I didn't mind the ending, because I found it hilarious how big the middle finger was that the developers gave to the player. That was a really great kick to the ol' codpiece, for sure.

It's also pretty clear that a bunch of stuff had to be cut out for time reasons - namely anything interesting in Aleroth. It's been covered up well, but it's pretty clear that the original intent was to have more content there that what we got.

The only thing stopping me from replaying the game past Sentinal Island is that you can easily over-level and end up not having fun because you take no damage from enemies anymore. I probably won't play much past there until there's a patch which restores the challenge of enemies 3+ levels below yours.

Stabbey #404994 02/02/10 06:19 PM
stranger
stranger
I thought the maps are too small as well, and I haven't even finished the game yet. One thing I liked about the last 2 Elder Scrolls games were the large maps. It really sucks you into a RPG when it takes two hours to cross the map with no encounters. Although Divinity 2 has an open world, it would be much nicer if the terrain didn't limit you so much. I would like to see more forests and fields, and less mountains.

I would also love to see more quests and content. Instead of like 50 quests it would be nice to see at least twice that number, even if they are stupid little quests. One thing that always would be nice in this game and even in games like Oblivion, Witcher, Dragon Age would be more NPC's in the city's. Even if they don't open dialog. A city or village always looks strange with a population of 20 people.

Go for the eyes Boo!!!!
The cities should be more like the ones in Final Fantasy 12 and Assassins Creed. The little animals was a nice touch and something I haven't seen in too many other games, but you need more crowded cities along with some more races.

Last edited by 30johner; 03/02/10 10:14 PM.
30johner #405010 02/02/10 08:13 PM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I never have a problem with unreasnble population in cities, cuz then youll need to make the city much bigger and its all just un-needed in my opinion. Stabbey I very agree with what you said about Aleroth, it was so obious that it was supposed to be much more then that, and its sad cuz the city looks dam great. This only shows how all the rest of that part of the game was not treated like it was meant to, just rushed. But now that they have an engine up and running, D3 should probably have what we need fully smile

Zomgnome #405031 02/02/10 11:22 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
None the less, the concept of the game was there. Hopefully they will make a new one, with larger maps, more quests, and still keep the same content from this ( Dragon Form, and the free-roam ). I would like to be able to play the game for a long time, but if I can't have that then I would like to have larger Maps and a little more Quests involved. But I usually can't wait 2-3 years for that so I always move onto another game and what-not. I hope they do make Divinity 3 though, with alot more features.

AzumiTori #405057 03/02/10 07:48 AM
veteran
veteran
Yeah,
Aleroth was for me also a great disappointment!! frown

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard