Here's another Divinity 2 review:

Divinity 2 Review Part 1

Divinity 2 Review Part 2

Obviously they wrote and published the review before the patch was released. I doubt they'll redo the review or even mention it in the next issue. It probably wouldn't effect the score anyway.

To add a few things there are some graphical glitches in many areas of the game such as 'white lines'. By that I mean in many areas, especially structures like the Maxos Temple, Battle Tower and even out in the fields of Broken Valley, there are spots where it seems like there's a 'gap' in the graphics. Also while fighting a group of goblins near Robins storage I fell though the ground and ended up outside the boundaries of Broken Valley. I could see the entire area above me and ended up having to reload a save from about an hour ago. In many areas grass sticks out from things like rocks in a very un-natural looking way(It's a game I know, but it still looks stupid). In many spots part of a patch of grass is growing/floating above the ground instead of growing out of it. When swimming(in Sentinel Island) the character floats above the water after swimming for a few seconds. The white lines and floating grass are small but numerous problems that may have come form this being Larians first console game.(at least I think it is) Hopefully the world will be made much better in Divinity 3(It's gonna be on the X Box right?)

Also some skills seem strange, mostly Summon Friend. The 1 is in yellow which usually means that figure will change during upgrading. However it never does, which is weird because it should summon more than one. I'd say 2 at Rank 3 and 3 at Rank 5. The Wyverns A.I is also very dumb as it tends to just fly in circles and has a small range. Unless you summon it near enemies it won't do anything. I realize you can easily re-summon it once you move on but I still wish it was smarter and that the skill summoned more than one. Also it doesn't make any sense why the summon nor Dragon Blast can't damage stationary targets like Nest Towers or Ballista. Dragon Blast should also inflict 50% to double its current damage considering its cooldown.

Summon Mastery should also allow more than one summon(2 at R3, 3 at R5). The Ghosts healing should be settable. Whirlwind should gain an additional spin at higher ranks(enemies can use multiple whirlwinds so why can't you?) Creature should stay away from doorways that lead into rooms with only one door, and have better targeting(better A.I). The creature should also have it's normal attack power raised, even at higher levels a regular attack only does like 20 damage, maybe 30 if it has an attack boosting arm. Since enemies have well over a 1000 HP its power should be increased by about 3x. The legs also need to boost more. My level 31 creature has perfect dragon-elf legs and those secondary stats only reach 32%, should be like double that. You should also be be able to max its armor, How come it can only go up to 66/68?

There's probably some other things I can say but I'll stop whining now.

Last edited by 30johner; 02/02/10 11:01 PM.