Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
talia60 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
no, no, no problem with pc at all. i'm pretty much housebound but i'll have my sister ask at best buy and see what she can find out for me. thank you.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by talia60
no, no, no problem with pc at all. i'm pretty much housebound but i'll have my sister ask at best buy and see what she can find out for me. thank you.

Xbox 360 is pretty nice piece for gaming but PC is PC

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Hello Talia60!! If you are looking for a nice Gaming PC I recommend that you check out www.digitalstormonline.com instead of places like Best Buy...... They will help you out alot and on their forum you can learn a ton of knowledge about computers.....

BTW my Gaming rig was bought for GAMING ONLY and it was WELL WORTH the expence.

If you get a new computer I would advise getting an RPG game called Drakensang:The Dark Eye ... IMO this is one of the very best RPGs out ATM..... Also I would recommend buying Kings Bounty and then getting the sequel... Both are excellant in the same vein as the Might and Magic series of old.

Oh yeah I almost forgot,,,,,, GET "The Witcher" ...... fantastic game that you should enjoy very much.

Last edited by LordFess; 18/02/10 01:29 AM.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
old hand
old hand
Morrowind is an Xbox game but the problem is that you'll miss out on tons of mods that make the game better + many patches that make the game stable. It's better on PC.

A pretty recent good X360 RPG is Venetica - also single-player & with swords, spears, and a little magic.

veteran
veteran
On '9-lives' (language = Dutch) they gives this game "Venetica" not so a good comment:
"Not so bad, but a too simple RPG, ... no suprises in it,.... cliché, old graphics ...."

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
I'll tell you about another really fun game I just purchased yesterday...... The game is called "Borderlands". It is a RPS (Role Playing Shooter). Played until 2 AM last night and it is just as addicting or more than DD2. Very satisfying game play... I found it very hard to pull myself away to go to bed. I play it on the PC but it also can be played on XBOX 360 and PS3 too.

Last edited by LordFess; 20/02/10 04:33 PM.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Joram
On '9-lives' (language = Dutch) they gives this game "Venetica" not so a good comment:
"Not so bad, but a too simple RPG, ... no suprises in it,.... cliché, old graphics ...."

Don't believe everything you read. wink

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordFess
I'll tell you about another really fun game I just purchased yesterday...... The game is called "Borderlands". It is a RPS (Role Playing Shooter). Played until 2 AM last night and it is just as addicting or more than DD2. Very satisfying game play... I found it very hard to pull myself away to go to bed. I play it on the PC but it also can be played on XBOX 360 and PS3 too.

This game is fun, a friend and I pre-ordered it and it was well worth the money, however it does become boring after the second play-through and is really not that fun unless you have a good friend to play it with. Definitely a multi-player game.

stranger
stranger
If you like Divinity 2 and are looking for a game that's similar, then I'd have to suggest checking out Risen. It just came out today for the X360, and it's only $49.99. It's very similar to the Gothic series, and you'd like it if you enjoyed Divinity 2.

http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/pages/en/news/news.php

addict
addict
I woudn"t suggest Risen
its not even good game
shame
Gothic is much much better

stranger
stranger
Here you go:

- Gothic I, II, III, IV
For Gothic III; Get the newest community patch and you'd better have a good computer. Excellent game. Played it 2 times and on my 3rd time. Mind you the Community Patch fixes alot of problems with the game, I wouldn't recommend playing it without it.

- Betrayal in Antara: (Really old but really good) You'll probably need Virtual PC to play it Windows 98/95 style though with 256 coolor graphics. It's worth it and setting all that up is easy and won't take long.

- Lands of Lore I, II, III Also Older but worth it.

- Dungeon Lords -Singleplayer and LAN based gameplay, but required patching up to enjoy the game.

- Thief -The Dark Project, and all the other Thief games very fun and entertaining. I liked Dark Project and Deadly Shadows the best. You can hide in shadows and have a bar that shows when you're hidden. You can douse torches with water arrows, move quietly over the moss of a moss arrow, set people on fire with fire arrows, and climb of the rope of a rope arrow.. plus alot more. Like I said, it's alot of fun!

- Assassin's Creed

There's more and I'd like to heart some of these suggestions as well. Happy gaming!

Good luck out there little buddy... you're gonna need it.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
I woudn"t suggest Risen
its not even good game
shame

From what I've heard, the North American X360 version of Risen is supposed to be significantly better than the EU version that was released. Though, if you're basing your opinion off the PC version, that's a moot point. I'll be buying the game tomorrow, so I'll have to give my inputs within a week or two of playing.

Also, though you'd probably find a few to disagree, I'd suggest at least trying Two Worlds.

C
stranger
stranger
C
2 games come to mind both are from bioware and decent price ether from amazon or ebay

mass effect 1 and dragon age orgins both give the options of doing good or bad both i realy enjoyed and dragon age orgins you beat once or twice and still have barley tapped the story lines it has differnt endings and lots of differnt choices to make

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nuriyan
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
I woudn"t suggest Risen
its not even good game
shame

From what I've heard, the North American X360 version of Risen is supposed to be significantly better than the EU version that was released. Though, if you're basing your opinion off the PC version, that's a moot point. I'll be buying the game tomorrow, so I'll have to give my inputs within a week or two of playing.

Also, though you'd probably find a few to disagree, I'd suggest at least trying Two Worlds.

Yes I disagree
Two worlds is crap
and Risen have small map for game that only offer exploration
1 city that is good I must say
and monastery that is bad design and camp in middle of swamp
and there is also crap combat system If you are warrior

journeyman
journeyman
They may be older, but, what about Might and Magic's..The "play in compatibality mode" should allow gameplay if there's an issue....just grab one of the M & M's, VI, VII, VIII and you should have a great time. The fact that they're older should get you some great prices. The final game in the series was a disaster, don't waste your time, unless it's free. They're just complex enough to keep things moving..fights, exploring, weapons, magic, skills, leveling up..and fun. But, not so complicated that you get lost in the details and it becomes work, not fun anymore. Plus, once you get the Fly spell, you'll really have the edge on the monsters...

A little outdated, but still good, just plain fun games. Lots of info on the web if you get stuck..
GamsSpot and many others have hints/tips if you want help...Even a few web sites kept alive by diehard Might & Magic fans...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard