Next Thread
Print Thread
#405659 09/02/10 12:45 PM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
I've gotten this far..you wouldn't think this area would give me a problem, but the overhead dragons do.

I am looking for the entrance to Laiken's study and have completed the candle quest and have my four trainers. But, the overhead dragons keep killing me off. I do have decent magic and ranger skills but can't seem to keep myself alive. Maybe I'm not supposed to be in this area. I don't know.

Can someone give me hand in finding the entrance to the study and a tip on either killing the dragons overhead or keeping myself alive. TIA.

A.

stranger
stranger
You will find laikens study on the other side of the island at that confused herbalism trainer.

First thing that u will see there is 1 woman that studying some whale bones "quest from the ghost" after that some mob´s and that confused trainer, a little far from trainer u will see a door to the study room!!

Last edited by D1ablo; 09/02/10 06:19 PM.

Support
Support

You can get some wyvern salve from the friendly dragon elf near the main nest, close to the starting point of the island, which will get them to leave you alone. If you are not up on the ridge surrounding the main nest or in one of the other two nests, I don't think they should bother you, though.

I was level 19, and the level 16 wyverns could not do damage as fast as I could regenerate. I used a bow to take out the ones that got close enough, and a retaliation aura (with a fixed damage) helped with the ones that mostly stayed out of range.

I was almost to level 16 when I reached sentinel island, so rather than waste the first mindread on the island character to go up a level when I only needed 3k experience, I reloaded and went to the Orobas Fjords to level. The first couple opponents brought me up to level 16, and as long as I was there I went down the path, reaching level 17 at the bottom (level 18 opponents). Crossing the water by the falls, and then swimming over to another beach (level 18-20 opponents) almost brought me up another level. I had to take out 4 or 5 level 21 imps to get the last ~4k experience to level again, which took several attempts, even using the creature as a distraction.

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
thanks for all the helpful replies.

I avoided the area where the things were flying overhead and went on to finish up the Battle Tower and killing Laiken.

I have to mention this.... I had loaded/reloaded several times from a Quicksave in the throne room and threw out a firewall spell to thwart the approaching beasties. I took one fireball or something and then all of a sudden Laiken was dead and I won the battle with little or no effort.

I don't have a clue as to how that happened. I died more then a couple of times trying to kill the dude and then all of a sudden he was dead and I'm still standing. Very weird and suprising, but I'm not talking issue. I saved that game in a hurry. ;-)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Normally its MUCH easier to just kill Razakel instead of Laiken....i guess a bug fell in your favor that time!!!

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I am playing the XBOX 360 version of this game and cannot find Laikens study. I go from where the confused trainer is all the way past where I found Elfrith to the portal that is currently magically blocked and there is no door that I can find. I have liked this game so far and not finding this is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Nevermind, thanks anyway. I just found it. The door is by where I found the False Alchemist Allan, I had never noticed it before.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard