Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405683 09/02/10 05:55 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Any info as to how i can make a link to the pic on my PC in the pictures folder? Or do i have to get it posted on a website somewhere?

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Support
Support

You need a webhost first. If your ISP doesn't give you any webspace, there are other options.

free web host with hotlinking? (for avatars) - old topic; some information may be out of date, as web hosts can change their policies or practices

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
OK, i got a webhost, uploaded the pic i want for Avatar. I even resized it to 120x104 and made sure it was a jpeg format. I copy and paste the link to it between [img] [/img] and it STILL says ubb error improper image type...................... weird

Any advice?

Heres the address
http://nonamemyway.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=69549595

Last edited by Dragonbane; 13/02/10 06:18 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Support
Support

At the top of the forum, click on My Stuff, then My Profile. At the bottom of that page, click beside 'URL to your avatar', and copy

http://nonamemyway.webs.com/photos/Avatars/DarkHood-1.jpg

into the text box. Once you hit Submit, the avatar should start showing up in your posts (might need to make another post first; don't recall).

You only need the image tag to put the avatar in the body of the post.

Last edited by Raze; 13/02/10 07:34 PM. Reason: image removed
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I wanted to use it as my Avatar in the left side in place of the stock one i was using. question

Support
Support

Yes, that was what I was describing. You don't need the image tag for that.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok thanks, ill try it without the tag smile

stranger
stranger
Nice to see after thirteen years this shit still hasn't been fixed. Really fills me with confidence.

Justice For Karlach!
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
This old thread is from a user who didn't understand how to link a customised forum avatar rather than a bug. And from the fact their image isn't a standard one, looks like they figured it out.

If you say what your own problem is, then perhaps we can get that sorted too.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard