Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran

I think it would be a hell of a lot cooler if a game just let a survivor be an expert at one stab kills. No "double damage" or "backstab" damage. Instant kill. Didn't Dark age of Camalot do this? Isn't there an assasin type character with a "pierce artery" ability that let him instantly kill somebody? I think that would be a viable way to make thief types hold there own in combat. It'd be balanced because they could still only attack one thing at a time, while a warrior or mage could attack lots of guys simultaneously. As a master of one stab kills, a thief would have to rely on stealth and hit and run.

Hmm, I am not sure if it was planned as an one-hit instant kill in DAoC from the very beginning, but anyway Mythic fixed that.

Perforate Artery has large bonus to damage, and combined with poisons and backstab, yes it gives infiltrators even now the possibility if specced right, kill in just couple of hits.

But, if you can in a couple of hits kill mage or other stealther type character
don't think you can do that to heavy tank, like armsman or paladin.

But, anyway, your idea is very interesting.

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -Githzerai adage.
C
CPguy Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Hmm, I am not sure if it was planned as an one-hit instant kill in DAoC from the very beginning, but anyway Mythic fixed that.

Perforate Artery has large bonus to damage, and combined with poisons and backstab, yes it gives infiltrators even now the possibility if specced right, kill in just couple of hits.

But, if you can in a couple of hits kill mage or other stealther type character
don't think you can do that to heavy tank, like armsman or paladin.

But, anyway, your idea is very interesting.

Thanks for saying so. The question of who or what this instant kill would work on still exists. Bosses? Dragons? Lichs? The higher up the enemies get, the more a backstab losses meaning and the ways of a warrior or mage begin to make more sense.

Like I said previously, thieves and assasins don't make good traditional heroes. They don't don magic plate mail and slay dragons. They don't summon demons and call forth lightning bolts. If this hurdle can be over come, then thieves will finally fit in single charcater RPGs. If not, then IMHO, they should stay in games like Theif and Splinter cell - games specifically designed to allow for stealth.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard