Next Thread
Print Thread
T
trog69 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have two battlefield keys for Act 2, yet when I got to two of the entrances, they were both locked. As slowly as the characters run now, I don't feel like running around even more, just to find out I can't get in. Should'nt the entrances be opened for me to at least the second level?

Perhaps now would be a good time to mention that the sound is now weirding out as well; If the music starts playing, no other sounds can be heard. Music off-other sounds now heard. This sounds like a conflict with my sound card somehow, but of course I'm just guessing.

Support
Support

When you are in the main game, what number shows up for the 'enter BF' icon? Alternately, if you kept a key in your inventory, what level is shown when you click on it?
The number of keys you find doesn't matter; it is their level that determines your access.

The level 1 and 2 dungeons in act 2 are south of the eastern end of the merchant area. If you explored further east or north, the first couple entrances you found could have been for higher level dungeons. From the merchants, head south, then east until you can go further south and follow that path as it turns back west, then south and east to the level 1 dungeon.

It couldn't hurt to check for updated drivers for your sound card.

Try lowering your hardware sound acceleration a notch (click Start | Run, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then switch to the sound tab). If that doesn't do anything (after a reboot), try disabling it completely.

T
trog69 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I take it that each key is to a different entrance, so I've just not hit the ones that I have keys for? Now I feel bad, 'cause I should have been more patient and look around more.

How much do I owe you so far? smile

Be merciful, for I am old and spazzy...
Support
Support

Each key has a certain level, and will open all dungeons up to that level. If you find the level 1 key it will give you a message that you have access to level 1 battlefields. If you find the level 3 key next, it will open the level 2 and 3 dungeons. Then if you click on the level 2 key, it will bring up a message that you have access to level 3 battlefield (it lists the level of the key or your current level, whichever is higher).

Click here to donate by Paypal; anyone who banks online in Canada can go through Interac. For larger donations, please email for instructions to transfer to my numbered Swiss bank account.

T
trog69 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I might need the bank acct# then, because I'm still confused. Are the entrances themselves a distinct level, and I just happened to hit the two entrances that are level 3?

Actually, I guess I should get my butt in the BF and find out if I can open other entrances, rather than bother you. Will you settle for eternal gratitude and the naming of my next grandchild after you? (Erm, mebbe you shouldn't mention this to the parents, mmkay?)

Last edited by trog69; 21/02/10 11:51 PM. Reason: poor wording
Support
Support

In acts 2-4 there are 6 dungeons in the BF, rather than 3. Assuming you found the level 1 and 2 keys, then the dungeons you uncovered may have been 3, 4, 5 or 6 (for act 2, the level 4 dungeon is to the north, dungeons 1, 2, 3 and 5 are near the southern edge, in order going east, while the level 6 dungeon is to the far east).

Because each level BF key corresponds to a particular dungeon, it makes sense to order the dungeons by level (I think the opponents tend to get stronger in the higher level dungeons, as well).

The level 1 BF key opens the level 1 dungeon.
The level 2 BF key opens the level 1 and 2 dungeons
The level 3 BF key opens the level 1, 2 and 3 dungeons
etc

T
trog69 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have found a third key now, so I take it the point is now moot. This is a rhetorical question only if the answer is yes. That's because, if there are 6 keys rather than just 3, I don't want you to tell me, as I'll certainly find that out if/when I gather yet another key.

So what I'm sayin' is, don't tell me if there _are_ more than three keys. Boy, now I'm confusing myself. hahahahaha.

Be merciful, for I am old and spazzy...

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard