Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
adieu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Bare with me, long I know, but I'm posting this so I have something to reflect back on should I ever get my hands on the next Divinity. *Crosses fingers*.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

In no real order:

Patriarch: I was actually awaiting the Patriarch to break into the cut scene while Lucian rambled on about his abysmal parenting skills and damn son. That is to say, could he not come from his lair of “resting” and aid one of the only other dragons in time of need. I fully intent to have a word with that lazy fire breathing scaly twit should I get the chance, he is after all the one who opened the Hall of Echoes for Maxos and myself did he not? Therefore should he not have some understanding of what had happened to Maxos after entering? Why! Why wouldn’t of I have gotten more information from the great dragon before seeking out and entering the Hall of Echoes? Surely myself would have not!

Rhode: Ah Rhode, a character I would sorely like to see head separated with the rest of her body and was never given the opportunity, pity.
1, She took Arben’s sword from me, (yes yes she gave it back – bear with me).
2, She wouldn’t allow me to participate in any reindeer games, errr I mean dragon hunting.
3, If she had let me stay with the other Dragon Slayers perhaps:
(a) Talana (or should I say Ygern) wouldn't of gotten a chance to turn me into a Dragon Knight, which means Damian's side kick wretch wouldn't of been awaken by me.
(b) Rhode is damn near as nasty as Damian, twisted in her own beliefs; believing that all Dragon’s need to be slain. This is how discrimination and hatred begins. I simply have no tolerance for intolerance. (Wait. Does that make me a hypocrite?)
4, Because of Rhode I had to slay 3 Dragon slayers I didn’t want to. Course I could look at it as having spared them from Damian’s floor of toxic air and a land of absolute ruin, but they could have fled some how?

Arben’s Ghost: If anyone has “unfinished business” it is surely this poor specter. Thankfully he cannot be killed since well he’s already dead, but still tucked in that tomb. Or is he dead now for Talana had been slain by Rhode. Doesn’t matter, if he has indeed found rest now that Talana has been slain should he too not be in the Hall of Echoes? At my disposal?

Sassan: If anyone deserves a fatal blow to that disgusting Laiken it is her. I would have had a nice cut scene after the PC had killed Laiken and Razzkel of her taking his head. Maybe using his head to make a disgusting creature to abuse at will, providing his mind was still intact some way. Yes I know I’m being a vindictive woman, but hey these are medieval times!

The Island: Another fascinating NPC (character) with such power yet doesn’t come to the aid of the Dragon Knight a.k.a. me / us! What is a Battle Tower without the Master to defend and protect it as well as all the resident’s within? She surely needs a good talking to or is she too in league some how with the Damned and Wretched mate? Did she help plot my / our fall? Use me /us as a pawn as well?

Lord Lovis: A character who wants nothing more than to just POOF be gone. Not so quick Buddy. You helped start all this nasty business, at least you could do is stick around or at least return long enough to aid in the mess you left for others to clean up. Course he was a bit of a tyrant in the end, but nevertheless he still “owes” me. Some blasted armor I hadn’t any use for wasn’t really what I call a pay off.

Talana: Would the REAL Talana please stand up! Please stand up, please stand up! She too must be within the Hall of Echoes sooo,… please stand up and be accounted! Good to know though that it was Ygern that was nag, nag nagging about getting to Maxos’s Temple, then to the Hall of Echoes and not Talana! The thought of a “Dragon Knight Nag” didn’t sit well with me.

Dragon Form: I can read minds, I have memories and tremendous wisdom of the Ancient Race and yet I did not fly a top a mountain, sit and have a good long ponder over the entire situation? I didn’t go into my Battle Tower and scourer it over for more information? I didn’t call upon the ZixZax and pick his Almost Wise brain for any information that might be useful? Why would I, did I kill off so many Imp’s and Goblin’s? Surely they enjoy their lands as it should be and not some twisted version of Damian and mate’s plan for the world! The Imp’s and Goblins may wish humans skinned and dead, but in times of war the most unlikely races, bitter enemies find themselves comrades in cause. They could have aided in this war, even perhaps rescued me from this trap! The wizard of runes with his mighty and more importantly controlled and befriended trolls would be helpful at this time! Bellegar, Erlking, Lord Lovis, Patriarch, The Island,.. so many powerful beings at my disposal and yet I did not gather any real insight, understanding, didn’t once consider the fact that I might be being deceived by a voice that talks to me in my head as Talana? What kind of dragon am I? Foolish, ever so foolish! Will I ever get the chance to redeem my dragonhood and correct my horrendous errors?

Battle Tower: What in the name of blunt axes are my people in our Battle Tower doing? I say, it’s not as if they are without powers and abilities themselves. They were chosen as the best of the best by The Island herself. Do they not think it odd I don’t come back for a charming melody and dance to get me in the mood for another battle, adventure or quest? Curious that I don’t return for a chance to seduce in frolic the handsome Kenneth (if playing my female character) or a chance to get a slap in the face by Hermosa for my bedding suggestions (when I play my male character). Not suspicious that I not return to our Battle Tower to restock my potions, check up on my runners, enchant new weapons, armor and jewels? Suspicious I haven’t sent any goods and wares to the Battle Tower treasury? Haven’t come to improve my creature?

How thick can my people be? How thick could I be not to have set up a “Plan B”, “A Call For Aid” or some “set time” in which my people, the resident’s of the Battle Tower should send out an S.O.S. party in search for their Beloved, kind and might I add handsome / beautiful Master before I had set out into the lands of Rivellon? Come come, if we are going to “play” battle and war, let’s do the thing properly. This was just bad planning, not thinking ahead, bad business and extremely poor tactics. In fact I dare say this is something a stupid villain would do, no back up “I can do it all on my own” tragedy.

Zandalor: Hope he has the ability to return like Gandalf. I could have done without slaying him! He’s a blinkin’ wizard he had better come back for he too has great knowledge of what needs to be done to rid the world once and for all of Lucian’s evil seed and bad parenting skills.

Maxos: Uh excuse me, but didn’t the Patriarch say Maxos entered into the Hall of Echoes and thus never seen or heard from again? (Again horrid tragedy! Set off with no back up plans) So why is it only Damian’s deluded father had something to say whilst I / us find our souls claimed by a Sinister Emporess (Ygern – the puffed up git,.. oh just you wait)? I mean,.. I would of liked to have a word with the one man that could have left a better warning in regards to the pursuit of the Hall of Echoes, for the Patriarch was of no real help this go round. For someone so damn intelligent could he of not gotten a bit more information before heading off into never never land?

ZixZax: Poor Dear. The Almost Wise has a lot of information to share yet stuck in the fog of toxic air upon the floor of Broken Valley. Not the ending I would have had for him, should have liked to find out if he acquired a dimensional stone to have skid-dad-ol’ed. Wouldn’t have minded giving him a job as Librarian within the Battle Tower, on the "To Do" list.

Bellegar: This nutter! Never mind “Where is Waldo”, “Where is Bellegar?” the mischievous, dastardly wizard. I can’t believe even he would see Rivellon left as Damian and Ygern would have it, or would he,.. hmmm? Not sure if I’d like to just bonk him a top his head or have his head, but I’d like the opportunity to have decided. Something very suspicious about this character I’d very much like to know what his role. I mean, he did manage to pop up here and there, didn’t really put a great deal of effort into killing me, but rather testing. Is Bellegar really a Bellegar or is he another already known character in disguise of a Bellegar? Should have liked to investigate further.

Erlking: How can you kill off someone with “king” in their name? I won’t hear of it!

Marius The Dragon Slayer: If anyone had the right to come back and fight in the Hall of Echoes it was him. I truly did not wish to kill him nor the other slayers. Brainwashed with Rhode’s intolerance he could have come to an understanding such as Kenneth. I believe the other Dragon Slayers would have come to understand the error of their ways, deceived into believing that it is the dragon and or dragons that are the betrayer and or evil.

The Patriarch explained to us that Damian’s dragons are only but a shell of what dragons are so Dragon Slayers wouldn’t be out of work any time soon. Always good to be armed rather than unarmed and I’m sure in the future there will be at some point a dragon or dragons that will become wicked, twisted and or evil and the Dragon Slayer’s services will once again be needed and honored.

I should like to see Marius receive another chance, a ghost maybe to teach, train tolerance of the dragons.

Flying Fortresses: It disturbed me to know that all my efforts to help those in Farglow, Broken Valley, Sentinel Island and Aleroth was in vain. To have to remain frozen in the Hall of Echoes and watch and know that all those I aided are in ruins and toxic air even after I had utterly destroyed every single flying baddie, all ballista’s, wizards towers, electrical towers and those pain in the backside nest. I s there but one little mass of land unnoticed thereby untouched by the Damned One and his sinister seducer?

Damian & Ygern: Sigh, could Damian be any more of a fool? What kind of great love for another turn one decadent, blind, evil? How does such great love create a desire to destroy, lay lands dark and desolate? No there had to be great evil within the heart from the beginning. Beguiled, deceived and seduced by Ygern he too shall find himself betrayed by his own “great love” for her. Ygern is the worst kind of villain, for she is above all “patient”. So for now the pair of them are ruling the lands and the skies, have control and power, wealth, dominion and each other,.. what next? Now what? What is the bloody point in which I have to ask all tyrant’s, evil doer’s. For the most part it seems all Damian wanted was Ygern. So the real question here is what does Ygern want? What is this Sinister Emporess goal if any? We surely know she hasn’t any great love for Damian, just an act, a ploy, a cunning bit of deception to achieve her ultimate destination.

Hall of Echoes: How is it that Lucian has watched my progress, overseen the betrayal of me and watched the wickedness of his son and mate and yet Marius has not? (He wished to challenge me yet again within the Hall of Echoes did he not?) This doesn’t seem right. Is the Hall of Echoes a fickle adolescent girl allowing for some to come to an understanding and not others? Didn’t Torel say that the Hall of Echoes dismissed past from the minds of those that entered? So how is it Lucian remains knowledgeable of what is happening above? More so Lucian commented that I too shall have to bare witness and realize my misfortunate role in the doings of Damian and Ygern. Bare witness to what I have done, my part in it all. Unbearable! Cruel! “Hall of Echoes” or “Hall of Cruelty”? Exactly what is the Hall of Echoes and how is it so that some are made to forget and some must suffer in knowing?

Divine: Fool! If Ygern found a way to be below and above the Hall of Echoes, controlling me / us the entire time like a puppet, do tell,.. how is it “The Divine” (and I say that with much sarcasm) was not able to find a way to intervene, to aid, to assists, hell to at least warn! Oh yes, I am woman,.. and since he and I are for the most part face to face within our “cage less prisons” I shall be in NAG MODE until he thinks of something better than to tell me of his failures.

Zepplins: Finally just out of curiosity,.. seeing as how I can’t see any balloons, propellers or any other form for these aircrafts to stay in the skies, and because I am dreadfully afraid to fly,.. I'd like to know exactly what is keeping these impressive and beautiful ships in the air!

I must admit my mouth literally fell open when the credits started to roll and actually said "No bleeping way!" aloud. At first I was well,.. very angry of the conclusion, but alast this was only a battle, not the war. However, I went through a lot of what I now feel unnecessary trouble building myself (character) up, winning hearts in friendship, making a name for myself and establishing I am not to be trifled with and that my only weakness is jumping (Yes bloody jumping! Never needed to spam QuickSave in any battles, but I did so whilst trying to jump from platform to moving platform cursing like a banshee with a severe rash) . I will add now that I have played as all three classes that I'm pleased with the conclusion so long as there is a for sure sequel:

"Divinity 3: Revenge of the Cageless Prisoner’s!"
"Divinity 3: Hall of Echoes Prisoner’s Unite!.”

Conclusion: Very good tactics of the Dev's to ensure nutters like myself will "for sure" purchase the next Divinity.

Suggestions: Please add a bit more adult content. Not just sex, but reality, real life, real medieval thoughts and ways. Elaborate more on the story, allowing the player to actually use their brain and more so common sense. The more you open up the story (allow diversity) the more games you can produce! More games you produce hopefully the wider and larger the Divinity craze thereby generating more $$$ in your pockets! Please fix the well known bugs before you release. The sleeping trio (Namdar, Nightwinkle and Furlry) bug most annoying! Hire more voice actors /actresses. Pretty obvious when the same actor/ress is used for several NPC’s. (Yet this is hardly important IF money is running low. I’d much rather the money be spent on the performance and plot of the game). Above all, I understand this is a business, but what good is it to do something you aren’t having fun with? Enjoy what you do,.. as far as I see it you have the best job in the world.

Cheers and thanks for a wonderful game!

Last edited by adieu; 27/02/10 10:28 AM.

Dark is just as beautiful as the light.
journeyman
journeyman
Nice job, I am impressed, I have been meaning to do something like this for a while, but you have already done it. I still might do my own, but I do not think I can one up this or even equal it, if I find anything that I think you misses, I'll let you know.

old hand
old hand
Maybe Maxos = Bellegar?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by virumor
Maybe Maxos = Bellegar?

that would be epic. and Bellegar is amazing, my favorite character ingame.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I'm going to explain a few things, that might not have been very clear, but should help you understand a few events better:

In the last part of the game you go into the Hall of Echoes, the limbo-like world of Rivellonian mythology. In there you must find Ygerna's soul and to reach her you must battle some revengeful ghosts whom you have sent there. Afterwards you find her soul and undo Ygerna's death by stopping her execution in her memory. In her memory, mind you: this is not a reality in which you actually kill Zandalor and the Divine. Zandalor is still back in Aleroth. Then, when Ygerna is free, she betrays you and imprisons you in another dimension. This is not the Hall of Echoes! It is another place entirely used by Damian to incarcerate the Divine and now by Ygerna to trap you.

I think that explains some matters that you mention.
Nice work by the way, you have clearly given Divinity II a lot of thought. up

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
adieu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh thanks much Macbeth! Wait,.. I think thank you LOL. You just gave me yet more to think about.

sloo monster, I hope you do a "unfinished thread'! More minds on the matter the more ideas and it seems Larian Studios is paying attention which means our thoughts on the story can help them make a better story and or surprise us in the next game! =)

Dark is just as beautiful as the light.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard