Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am in the Fjords. I teleported up to the guard shack and climbed the ladder. I started fighting the 2 guards in there and was knocked back down the ladder to the lower platform and now I can't climb the ladder any more. Also there is a red barrier covering the hole in the floor at the top of the ladder. How do I get back in there?? If I can't get in I can't get to the levers to lower the force shield to allow me to continue...Any help...Please...Thanks

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he doesn't become one himself.
stranger
stranger
one of the telaporters in the fjords will telaport u right in that room then u can lower the fields

Last edited by ANDY2ANGRY; 28/02/10 01:25 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
How nice LOL...thanks...now I'm off to find that teleporter. Wish me luck.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he doesn't become one himself.
Support
Support

The teleporter in the fjords gets you just below the building; you still have to climb up the ladder.

If you don't have a save before entering the building, email Larian (support@larian.com) with your current save and they can put you back inside the building.
The first time I entered that building I must have gotten knocked back during the fight, since I suddenly dropped straight down. With no way back trough the barrier, I reloaded the save I had just made (a good practice before entering any new area).

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

For the Xbox version, AFAIK you would need one of Microsoft's stupidly expensive, proprietary memory cards to get a save off of it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just emailed them my save file as I couldn't find the teleporter. Any idea how long it will be for them to send the modified file back if they do? Thanks for the help.

Support
Support

Unfortunately it would not be until monday, at least (I don't know what their response time is). If you don't hear back by tuesday or wednesday you could email them again or send a private message to Lynn.
If you are in North America, there is a 6 or 9 hour time difference, so late monday in Belgium could still be early monday for you.

You could keep playing with your current save (in that case maybe email Larian again saying you'll send another save late Sunday, or something), but because you didn't exit the building as intended you will have problems with your dragon stone (see Dragon Stone is no longer working).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I figured it would be some time if at all....it is very disheartening that this bug was not addressed in the patch. Spend money on a game that is so riddled with bugs that it can't be played. But then the company has their money so what do they care. *shaking my head* No sense in wasting my time any futher on a game that I may never get to play again...well there's 40 bucks shot to heck...I don't even know who Lynn is let alone how to send her a private message or if that is the name I send the message to...oh well....Thank you all for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Support
Support

I don't think anyone else reported this problem, other than the link above, which was after the release of the patch (though that doesn't make it any less annoying if you don't make new saves periodically). Hopefully it will be addressed in the next patch.

How does having a problem half way through a game make it "so riddled with bugs that it can't be played"?

Lynn is the main moderator for the forums, among other things, and probably the person who will answer your email to support. The forum FAQ doesn't seem to address sending private messages...
If you need to do so, the easiest way is just to search for a post by that person (such as Divinity II Support: patches and updates), then click on their user name and in the menu that pops up, click on 'Send a PM'. Fill in a subject, add a message, possibly with a link to this topic, and hit Submit. This basically starts a forum topic which only those you specify can view, and they get a little mail icon in the top forum menu to show they have unread messages.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks..guess I'll try that in a couple of days. In the mean time I'll have to play Guild Wars or Sacred 2. Thanks again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you make it a PRACTICE to (save) often, these issues are nothing and saves everyone from the stress of going back and reliving hours of gameplay! I dont mean to sound sarcastic but really people IS it that hard to click (save)??

SAVE OFTEN ::::Have fun :::: Enjoy yourself !!! evil oops evil

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I save every 15mins or so.. but I didnt knew it wasn't normal to get kicked out.. so 3 caves and 4-5 hours later... i read this and there's no way I'm doing it all again.. heh.. Wish there could be less bug like that.. it's too easy in this game to get to a point where if you didn't saved every hour, you're fucked/stuck/need to start over or e-mail Larian...IMO

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I have the same problem.

Support
Support

As above, email Larian (support@larian.com) with your current save and they can put you back inside the building.
The latest Xbox update enables USB keys/drives in the system settings section, so saved game files can be copied (I haven't tried doing so yet), and presumably Larian would be able to fix them, as well.

The next patch should fix this, I assume, or at least prevent it from happening, but I wouldn't expect it much before the add-on is out (August/September). With additional changes being made to the game, it doesn't really make sense to release multiple patches when a great deal of time and effort can be saved by combining the testing and release procedures for the patch and add-on. In particular, Microsoft has limits on the size and number of patches that can be released for Xbox games.

O
stranger
stranger
O
i just had the same glich happen to me. im runing Vista 32 it happened 2x in a row thought she shoved me down the ladder so i went on with the game after i could'ent get back up. im like lvl 26 and stuck.... this thread in the forum was helpful i sent in my save and i hope to get it back soon! knowing them tho it will probably take a week frown anyway i just wanted to report it so Larian can start doing something about it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
i also ran into this with the barrier at the top of the ladder into the bunker , has this been fixed with the new patch, or do i still have to send my savegame off? i normally QS regularly but in this problem that hasnt helped. my last FULL save was when i entered sentinal island and that was HOURS and HOURS ago. is there no workaround for this?

veteran
veteran
If you play on PC I think Larian can fix the issue, but playing on Xbox I don't know .
Look in the "Technical Problems" sellection on this forum for the FAQ threads 'lynn' maked ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
stranger
stranger
S
thanks man , i just got fed up with it and replayed it..

veteran
veteran
Glad you make it back and re-invited the world of Rivellon smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard