Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408035 04/03/10 02:09 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just ordered Dragon Age for PC.....
Has anyone in the forums played it? From the reviews it sounds pretty awesome.
Something to fill the void untill Div3 comes out LOL
groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy groovy
:hihi: Rah Rah Ah AH AH...Roma Ro MA MA...GA GA OOH LA LA... Want your Bad Romance!!!!! :hihi:

Last edited by Dragonbane; 04/03/10 02:14 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Fabulous game...played it three times, then ME2 twice. Why I'm just now halfway through my first play through of Div2. I like it more than Div 2 for two primary reasons: Playing and interacting with a party and no twitch combat skills required. Otherwise, they both excel in various areas, one over the other in places and vice versa. And don't get me wrong, Div 2 is a wonderful game to me so far.

Is reality just a fantasy?
journeyman
journeyman
i think dragon age is not realy a good game, i have playing once and is a suckish game man trust me

Originally Posted by theKingsWill
i think dragon age is not realy a good game, i have playing once and is a suckish game man trust me

You can take this however you want to take it; after reading your other posts and your profile, it's not surprising that you don't like DA. For instance, your profile says you like this game because you can make your own character. DA has infinitely more choices and character customizations, that you can literally spend hours building your character before you even play the game. To each their own, and I really thought about not responding because I don't want this topic to turn sour, but you say "trust me" like you are THE expert on such matters. You gave an opinion, fine, leave it at that is all I'm saying.

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 04/03/10 03:23 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
Played Dragon Age. It's a brilliant game. I won't say one game is better than the other because though both are RPGs, both are structurally very different.

Dragon Age's world is not as open as Divinity 2, but it has a level like system. Character classes are specified- Warrior, Rogue and Mage. They're not as flexible as Divinity 2.

Dragon Age: Origin's story is just as complex as Divinity 2. May be even more. There are numerous choices, and their outcome matters greatly. The game has lots of dialog, which would feel like cinematics.

One last thing, as SheaOhmsford mentioned, combat does not vary with your personal skill, but with how you level your character and your party members. That way, Dragon Age goes closer to pure pen and paper RPGs, like D&D, where as Divinity 2 is an action RPG at core.

Alvin #408047 04/03/10 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Alvin
Played Dragon Age. It's a brilliant game. I won't say one game is better than the other because though both are RPGs, both are structurally very different.

Dragon Age's world is not as open as Divinity 2, but it has a level like system. Character classes are specified- Warrior, Rogue and Mage. They're not as flexible as Divinity 2.

Dragon Age: Origin's story is just as complex as Divinity 2. May be even more. There are numerous choices, and their outcome matters greatly. The game has lots of dialog, which would feel like cinematics.

One last thing, as SheaOhmsford mentioned, combat does not vary with your personal skill, but with how you level your character and your party members. That way, Dragon Age goes closer to pure pen and paper RPGs, like D&D, where as Divinity 2 is an action RPG at core.

Well said.

I would add to the combat aspect...it is not turn based, although you can pause play and issue commands to each party member so that it seems semi-turn based. However, and I think they are addressing this fact, you can only issue one command at a time, then they perform default actions.

Or you can real-time the combat all the way through. To assist this aspect, they have numerous tactics options which can be set ahead of time for varying situations. Want your rogue to back-stab after fighter has aggro? No problem, you can set it. Want your mage(no cleric class, per se) to hit you with healing when you are down to 25% hit points? No problem, you can set it.

It's done well, and of the same vein as Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights(2), etc.

Alvin #408054 04/03/10 04:04 PM
addict
addict
My favorite game
True RPG
and you can trust me what I am saying becaose I have played every RPG for PC

Game is like brilliant book or movie
It have heroic story and excelent combat system(Especially finishers)
game is balanced and there is history in world and you will like it surely
There is plenty of combat and talking
conversations are spectacular
History in game says that mages are most powerful on the world and that is true becaose mages are most stronger class,but there is cost people will afraid you and chantry will hate you.

you conversations are affecting world around you
and there is 6 opening stories

Each of them will give you different dialogues so you can easly finish game 6 times
lets say
If you are human noble you can be king and you will want revenge against...(spoiler)
If you are elf people will treat you as scum becaose in world of dragon age elfs are slaves to humans.There is much more
If you want to complete every aspect of game and hear every dialogue you will need 800+ hours
but for one completing of game you will need 50+ hours

sorry for my english and I hope I helped

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Very cool...i have had several people come over and i showed them this game and ALL of them are buying it... So i really hope Larian will keep this game line going.

After reading the reviews and you guys' opinions ((i cant wait untill the new game gets here LOL))
Maybe they will find a way to get LADY GA GA into the game ....YUMMY

Here is a link to "Bad Romance" video Mature audiences playing this Ma Rated game should be ok with it! grin
Great Video in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid28107384001?bctid=49570946001

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard