Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408094 05/03/10 12:51 AM
singo Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi, each time when i start the game it'll ask me if i want to use someting called "ffdshow".

I can choose if i want to use it or not.
What is it? and what should i choos?

I have also noticed one more of these cut-scene when it never stops loading. It's in the fjords where i rescue the 4 "explorer with the seal"...

Tnx

Since DD1 ^^
singo #408105 05/03/10 03:09 AM
Support
Support

Ffdshow is a DirectShow codec that decodes many types of audio and video formats; it may have been installed as part of a media player or converter program, if you didn't install it yourself at some point when you ran into a file you couldn't play.

There should be an option to set it to always be used or not with particular applications. I used it awhile ago, but uninstalled it troubleshooting a conflict with another program.

Try uninstalling ffdshow, and see if that helps with the cutscene problems. A couple people have had codec problems (don't recall if ffdshow was one of them, or not) and clearing them out or updating can help.

Theory on my CTD at the Start New Game Load Screen

Raze #408121 05/03/10 10:52 AM
singo Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you for your answer.
But i'm sorry if i wrote my post unclear. Acctually the cutscene problem has nothing to do with DirectShow (i think). Because There was the same problem when i should abord the zeppeln after the first village. But that was fixed by the patch. These two are the only one i have noticed.

Do you think it will matter what i choose?
If it dosn't make any problems, should i keep it or not?

Since DD1 ^^
singo #408152 05/03/10 04:50 PM
Support
Support

You would have to try each choice to see if it would make a difference whether you use ffsdhow or not, but I would guess probably not.

If you don't need the codec installed, then there isn't much need to keep it. Presumably you needed it at some point, though, if it is on your system. It is up to you, but uninstalling it may be faster than finding the option to always/never get used for the game, to get rid of the extra dialog.

Raze #408157 05/03/10 05:49 PM
singo Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
ok tnx

Since DD1 ^^

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard