Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I got my battle tower and am now in Orobas Fjords. I flew to the teleporter that takes me to Camp Eagle's Nest. I climbed the ladder and got into the barracks. I started the fight scene and either took a step back or got pushed back down the ladder. There is a barrier blocking the ladder entrance and i can no longer grab the ladder to climb back up.

I'm not sure how important Camp Eagle's Nest is, but I've done all quests that are possible within this region of the map. I can't even get past the section of the valley beyond the mine... so I'm stuck and can no longer progress.

Any thoughts on the technical staff on how this can be resolved without needing to start over again?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, that camp is a critical plot point; you need to go there to lower the barrier blocking access to the rest of the fjords (and disable the anti-dragon shields).

A couple people who ran into this problem on the PC were able to email their save to Larian (support@larian.com) to place them back inside the bunker. MS made sure to disable USB drives in the system section; short of one of their proprietary, way over-priced memory modules, I don't know of an easy way to get a save off the hard drive.

Help...cant get to levers to lower force shields

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well... I do have an xport for my 360. I use it mostly to "mod" Halo 3 maps. Fortunately I had a save game right before the final fight in the battle tower and just used that. It's a pain in the arse losing 7 levels, but I figure it was worth it because I went crazy and bought a lot of upgrades from my warrior platform that I didn't really need since I wasn't near the max of 5 for those. Then I used the money to rearrange all my skill points. So overall better for me...

To be honest, they should patch that and just remove the barrier. It serves no actual purpose other than to screw people from progressing further... unless they fix the barrier to make it solid and prevent people from falling down.

Last edited by PurpleMushroomz; 09/03/10 07:12 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard