Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coes Offline OP
OP Offline
The game crashed when using the Dragon Stone, and since then I'm unable to run Divinity 2. Not working at all.

The CD won't run anymore. I cannot autorun ( 'unable to read script' ), and I cannot open nor explore the CD either, since all I get is an error that incdsrv.exe has crashed ( as in the standard Windows error regarding software crashes ). The CD-player won't even open anymore after that crash.

I intend to uninstall, and re-install, but I want to know first wether it is possible to keep my saves. Unless there are better ideas that is of course.

Last edited by Coes; 08/03/10 09:47 PM.

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
Support
Support

Just rebooting the computer may help, if you have not done so already (you should at least be able to open the CD tray and read the DVD after rebooting).

Re-installing the game should not effect your saves (when un-installing you may get asked if you want to keep them, or not).

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

veteran
veteran
It can crash if you use a cracked version.

Coes Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Kein
It can crash if you use a cracked version.

No, I have bought the game. And patched it with 1.03

Originally Posted by Raze

Just rebooting the computer may help, if you have not done so already (you should at least be able to open the CD tray and read the DVD after rebooting).

No, that's the thing: the CD just won't be read anymore, I've rebooted my PC.

I'll try to re-install. Thanx.

Coes Offline OP
OP Offline
Now my computer is asking me to "insert the original CD/DVD instead of the backup(1000)". But the original CD is in the player!

And what is 'securom' about?

Support
Support

Securom is the copy protection used in the DVD version of the game.

Can you try the DVD in a different optical drive, if available, or a different computer?
There is either a problem with the disk, your drive may have started failing, or a recent change or update is conflicting with Securom.

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

Coes Offline OP
OP Offline
well

I uninstalled all stuff related to Ahead/Nero/Incd.exe/Incdsrv.exe

I now see a new sreen appearing when I put the CD in: Play Divinity II - Ego Draconis // Divinity II - Ego Draconis Website ( never seen that before! )

My two cents: Incd.exe is about nero recognising empty DVD's. That Securom thingy has some flaws in its design on the Divinity 2 DVD, and my system cannot run it properly ([ as I said "I cannot autorun ( 'unable to read script' )"], and thus incd.exe steps in, only to be confronted with a CD which isn't empty at all.

Support
Support

Anything that tries to monitor or access the optical drive (anti-virus programs, some media players, auto-run extenders, etc) can cause a conflict with games and/or the copy protection they use, or with each other.

Now that the auto-run program is coming up with a menu, are you still getting the disk error trying to start the game?

Did you check Securom's site?

Coes Offline OP
OP Offline
No more disk errors. Game runs fine ( well, the game still hangs when I try to use the Dragon Stone, but hitting the Escape button makes it become active again, and I do enter my Battle Tower ).

Thanx for the assistance! ^_^

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard