Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Everyone,

I have an issue which is a real game killer for me. I first noticed this issue in A2, but it would go away after a reload, now it's becoming more and more frequent. This is the issue - the game will be playing perfectly, and then all of a sudden the screen will go pitch black except for the mini map and the character panels. Sound and movement on the map shows that the game is still working in the background. HP loss shows that monsters are hitting me but I can't hit them back because I can't anything on the main game screen.

Some extra infomation, Gamine is the GOG version running on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Professional. The memory work around for speeding up the game graphics in 64-bit windows has been applied. The game is running in Windows 98/ME compatability mode. Game is running at 1600 * 1200 resolution, with 4* AA and fog enabled. All system drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to finish this game.

Many thanks,

Raven

Last edited by Raventiger; 12/03/10 09:58 PM.
Support
Support

You can set a hotkey to re-centre the screen focus on your lead character (or IIRC double click on their portrait). Several people have had this problem, generally during combat, but it is usually just a case of the screen focus moving.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard