Next Thread
Print Thread
#409680 27/03/10 01:25 AM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Is it just that I'm retarded, or am i experiencing a bug? I'm in raze's headquarters, and it's saying the three chambers that contain chests have a door, and i can't open the "invisible dor" in the chamber that contains the key. im assuming the key is to the lcked "invisible" door to where raze is located. please help, ive encountered a lot of bugs so far and it's frustrating!!! thanks a mill! and just s it's clear, it gives me the option to open a door that i do nt see. when i try to open it, nothing happens. thanks in advance!

Support
Support

There should be kind of a wrought iron patterned door for the 3 rooms and the hallway leading further into the headquarters. A solid ice/glass section should come out of the wall a short distance on either side as a frame, with the doors themselves being a fairly open pattern. Standing in the middle of the entrance, selecting the door to open it should have it swing inwards, and you no longer get the option to select the door unless you go inside the room or point the crosshairs at the hinge along the edges of the solid sections.

Not getting the doors at all could be a bug/glitch, or a problem with your install.

Try running the game as administrator, and in the compatibility options disable desktop composition (in Vista/7).

Did you try doing a clean reinstall of the game?

Did you shut down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before installing the game? Did you get any error messages, or have any problems during the install?

Have you tried different resolutions or changing various graphics options?

There is a third party texture mod for D2:ED (1GB), but it is a little large to download if you don't know the problem is due to missing or corrupt textures.

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
im running the game via xbox 360 frown hehe, i dont think i can go any further.... is raze's death mandatory for game completion?

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
thank you for the prompt and thorough reply

Support
Support

What version of the game do you have (region)? There is a patch in the works for the non-US versions to bring them up to 1.03, though there haven't been any updates on its status (it may get delayed to combine the beta testing cycle with the add-on, to be released in August/September, since there are additional changes/fixes being made to the main game).

Did you try installing the game on the hard drive (if available, and if you haven't done so already)?

You do not need to defeat Raze; he drops a dragon skill book, a cuirass needed for Wesson (if you picked him as your enchanter) and Ulthring's Leggings (if you read Raze's mind). If you can not get in, you could miss the achievement for fully upgrading the battle tower, and would miss one for destroying all the flying fortresses, if you care about that.

I would suggest leaving it for now, and trying back later. If it was just a glitch, maybe if you do a bunch of other stuff and then return (at some point before heading to the hall of echoes) the headquarters could get loaded properly.

Did you contact the publisher, to see if this is a known issue in that version, and if there are any fixes or workarounds? The email address should be in the manual, or you could try Larian directly (support@larian.com).

This is an issue I commonly come across. MANY times I walk up to a place where a door should obviously be, but i cannot see it. Usually loading a recent save will take care of this. Also, if you go somewhere else and come back a while later(preferably saving and loading a lot) it should reappear. As I have said this is a common problem for me and should be included in a patch. It never really happens to any specific door. The first time I played through the game some turned invisible. Others turned invisible the next time. Its very very annoying.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard