#409806 29/03/10 09:58 AM
P
Pangaea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi folks, new to the forum..
I see tons of people refare to a sentinal island or something, but um, i must be playing a different game to you guys, i cant seem to find any sentinal island, it dosent seem to be on any of the maps either. is sentinal island a addon to the main game? or is sentinal island a completly differnt game?
ive managed to work thru some of the game, and ive got to the fords, but enemys are way too powerfull.. how do i aim my bow? ... is sentinal island the tiny island in the bay at the fords? ... i jumped all the way down and swam out to it, swam around the the whole thing many times looking for a hole, but cant see any.. and besides the island is tiny.. it dosent look like what ppl are refaring to on forums and youtube. im completely lost smirk heh.. if anyone knows where sentinal island is , or explain how to set up the game upgrade with the new island it would be great, tnx

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Sounds like you just haven't reached it yet. Keep on playing and you'll get there!

And welcome to the forum! wave

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Sentinel Island is reached by finishing the Maxos Temple

Sentinel Island has less tough opponents than Orobas Fjords as well.

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
Support
Support

What version of the game do you have?
A bow should automatically target the closest enemy in front of you. In the Xbox version you can lock onto targets by holding the left trigger down. To cycle between targets you can move the right stick quickly to the right/left and back to centre. The manual should describe the corresponding controls for the PC version.

addict
addict
YOU FAIL MAN hehe

What level are you anyway

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
P
Pangaea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
"Sentinel Island is reached by finishing the Maxos Temple"
i have finished maxos temple.. well apart from the big dragon (but i did manage to grab the dragon scale thing in front of the throne" ... i have searched all over Maxos Temple and cant find anywhere to access this island that everyone else seems to be able to find no problem. its do sent seem to be on any map (apart from the room map of maxos, but there is no way to it)

"Sentinel Island has less tough opponents than Orobas Fjords as well."
are you saying i must complete fjords before i get to the island?

What version of the game do you have?
standard, English... i know it auto targets.. but i mean is there anyway to aim it for long distance all it seems to do is shoot straight (kinda lame).. is there any way to aim the bow?

"YOU FAIL MAN"
im level 14
sure i might be a fail, but hows about helping me out then rather then stating the obvious. Im fairly new to these types of games, and i think ive done quite well considering, but this island shit really has me confused.. someone else told me its an addon for the game, others are telling me it might be a completely different game like divitiy III .. i dunno, is it like fallout3 where i need to download an expansion pack or something??

I hope someone can help, ive basicly stoped playing the game now..cause i cant proceed Fjords is too hard with my level,.. there is no other ppl left alvie aprart from the big drgaon (which is waay too hard). and the various villagers..etc and ive done most of the things before that.. everything seems to point toward this mysterious sential island, which im afraid dosent seem to exist im my version of the game.. even though its name is on the map in maxos..

just a though... could this be a bug?

please help somone

Last edited by Pangaea; 29/03/10 06:46 PM.
If you kill the dragon (in human form) in the Maxos Temple, the gateway to the Island will appear. Speak with the ghosts there to find out how.

After you go to the Island, you will be able to go the the fjords.

Support
Support

i have searched all over Maxos Temple and cant find anywhere to access this island that everyone else seems to be able to find no problem.

Actually, problems with Amdusias are one of the more common sources of posts in the forum.

There is no manual / configurable trajectory for bows.

In Maxos temple you need to read the book that the librarian gave you in return for finding the book he was looking for. That and a couple ingredients (scales and blood) will turn Amdusias human.

Your first encounter on sentinel island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

Help on Killing Amdusias. Any tips would be nice.

addict
addict
Rather go on google and type in
Divinity 2 guide
and open gamepressure

A
stranger
stranger
A
you have to kill ambusia or what ever his name is thenm youll c wr to go next

Originally Posted by Pangaea
"Sentinel Island is reached by finishing the Maxos Temple"
i have finished maxos temple.. well apart from the big dragon (but i did manage to grab the dragon scale thing in front of the throne" ... i have searched all over Maxos Temple and cant find anywhere to access this island that everyone else seems to be able to find no problem. its do sent seem to be on any map (apart from the room map of maxos, but there is no way to it)

"Sentinel Island has less tough opponents than Orobas Fjords as well."
are you saying i must complete fjords before i get to the island?

please help somone

Sentinel Island before the Fjords.

after you have turned that big dragon into human form, and killed it, make sure that you see Lord Lovis again as well. The way to go from the Maxos Temple to Sentinel Island, is by a teleporter which is on the end of a exterior plateau at upper part of Maxos Temple. You encounter Damian there.

P
Pangaea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi guys, and thanks alot for the help, but im still struggling. Im totally stuck. What book are you refaring to? and where do i read this book, and when?
I have spend many many days now trying different things, ive read about 20 books in about 100 different locations, nothing seems to happen at all, believe me im trying but I just dont have a clue.

Some notes.. I have completely restarted the game fresh 3 times, meaning started a new game. I have the dragon scales, ive talked to all ghosts, 100 times over, ive read all the books ans scrolls and anything that was interactable in my inventory in about 100 different locations. Ive trawled google for weeks now looking for an answer.. i just dont know what im ment to do.

Im in a place, past the library, where to the front is the dragon (where i have read all books and scrolls in about 10 locations) .. there is a room then to the left with other rooms in there, where i have again read everything in my inventory in about 30 locations. then to the left there is a door with a force field blocking it, where i have read all my books and scrolls facing the dam door, facing away from the dam door..etc etc etc etc.. then the library, ive read all the books and scrools and whatever about 60 locations, in many many combinations... nothing happends, ive no idea what book im ment to be reading, and where im ment to read it, and exactly when im ment to read it., in addition, ive read every single last piece of dialog in the logs about 20 times over to check if ive missed something..

Im burning this dvd nice hot fireplace if i dont find a solution to this very soon, from such an amazing game to a disasterous failier of a game.. i hope (if i ever get past this) the rest of the games quests/missions arnt so dam obscurly specific. Its things like that, that put me off rpg in the first place, but i thought ide give this one a try and was enjoying it fine and making what i thought was good progress.

for me this game has gone from a potential 9/10 to 3/10
what a disaster

edit;
perhaps if someone could give me what to do in simple steps
1. what book (the title)
2. where exactly do i read it (by pixle)
3. which directon must I face (by degree)

i was reading other unrelated forums about keeping books, i was under the impression it was ok to sell / destroy books once read in my inventory. Can somone please be more specific about this as due to this sentinal island issue ive kept every book ive aquired since the start of the game, but i cant pick anything more up since my inventory is full all the time with these stupid books.. can i or can i not get rid of these books? .. and all the gems and ores whats the story with them? can i sell them do i need them? they are using up about 50% of my inventory and the books about 30% .. i dunno what to do with them, do i need all these things to get to sentinal island?

Last edited by Pangaea; 05/04/10 09:54 AM.
then to the left there is a door with a force field blocking it,

I did Maxos Temple just the other day.

hmmmm

I went in, killed the bad guys, and talked to the Librarian. Also Mindread him, which granted me the understanding of a new language. I went on, and took the Scales from underneath Amdusias - the dragon. I went into the room with the stairs - and smaller rooms on the upper level, took a key from a chest underneath one of those stairs, and I took the stairs up. Grabbed all books and all keys, and also 'used' the book in the bookcase to open the secret part of one the rooms. Grabbed all the stuff there as well. Went back to the Librarian, who gave me the second book. And then I needed to speak a spell, and then Amdusias became human.

Originally Posted by Coes

Sentinel Island before the Fjords.

I have to make a correction here. The first foes in Orobas Fjords, are the Goblins on the way down. I took these Goblins out before Breaking An Entry at Sentinel Island.

Last edited by Coes; 05/04/10 09:58 AM.

P
Pangaea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
And then I needed to speak a spell, and then Amdusias became human
ah.. so i dont have to read books? what do you mean speak a spell? what spell? where do i get this spell? where do i speak it? and when? .
is it something to do with the potion tree under the mill in the village?? ive gone back to there an read all my books in front of it, but it dosent seem to do anything, must i be in a specific place?. will the tree give me the spell i need?

""I have to make a correction here. The first foes in Orobas Fjords, are the Goblins on the way down. I took these Goblins out before Breaking An Entry at Sentinel Island.
""
ah i have atmpted making progress there but its a dead end im afriad, im not strong enough, and there is nothing more i can do to power up in broken valley.. im totaly stuck, this game as completly ended for me smirk

another edit:
"In Maxos temple you need to read the book that the librarian gave you in return for finding the book he was looking for. That and a couple ingredients (scales and blood) will turn Amdusias human."

how exactly do i combine things? and do i have to be in a specific place at a specfic time or event? im bascily draging things in my inventory into other things in my inventory but nothing seems to happen at all, is there some sort of spell making thing im missing? ive read the manual and it says nothing about combining things in the way you say. how exactly must i combine these two things? I tryed going back to the iron worker in the village and doing things there, and also to the iron worker near the wishing well in west valley. do they have something to do with combining things to make spells? or is it the tree i have to be infront of while draging things in inventory onto one another?.. do i need to read a specfic book in combination to draging a combination of items in my inventory while standing infront of a spedic location to make the spell i need to proceed with this game? can u please be more specific about combining things to make a spell

Last edited by Pangaea; 05/04/10 10:14 AM.
what do you mean speak a spell? what spell? where do i get this spell? where do i speak it?

"In Maxos temple you need to read the book that the librarian gave you in return for finding the book he was looking for. That and a couple ingredients (scales and blood) will turn Amdusias human."

The spell is in that book. You just have to read the book, whilst having the scales and the blood in your inventory. I did that while I still was standing besides the Librarian.

Last edited by Coes; 05/04/10 10:32 AM.

addict
addict
Rather play something easier like super mario smile
Just kidding
no really
play something easier this game is not for you

Support
Support

I don't recall the name of the book, but IIRC it gets put in the quest item section of your inventory. It is the book the librarian gives you for finding the book be was looking for. If you have not completed that quest yet, it is in a locked chest in the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs, and IIRC the key is in Amdusias' secret room.
I read the book in the library, and I assume anywhere would work, or at least anywhere on that level in Maxos temple.

You can sell or destroy any common books or any plants / ore you are not going to use for potions or enchantments. Keep any malachite gems you have, but any other plants/rocks can be easily replaced once you have the battle tower.
If you have the spare skill points to put in the Encumbrance skill to increase your inventory size, you can re-skill after you get the battle tower, when you will have ample storage.

Have you summoned your creature to help in the fjords? After taking care of Amdusias you might want to try reaching the next level before heading to sentinel island (to get a full level for a mindread during your first encounter there). Trying to take out a group of level 21 imps in the fjords at level 17, I did much better with a ranger head (level 2 Fireball) than warrior (level 6 Rush Attack / Fatality). I was almost level 16 before entering the fjords; my first fight brought me to 16, and working my way down the mountain trail (level 18 goblins) brought me to 17. Clearing the next beach and swimming over to another, both with level 18/19 black ring members, almost brought me up to 18.

P
Pangaea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
well after weeks and weeks of trying everything and weeks of reading tutorials and walkthrus ive finaly worked out what the problem is... there seems to be a bug in my game.. the room with the smaller rooms in it, down the corridor to the left of the dragon throne cave thing (i dunno what to call these areas wtf?).. anyway, there is a book on a shelf in one of the rooms, the room with the chest that demands a password, this book is apparently ment to be the book i give to the ghost in the library, but my game, i cant seem to pick this book up, no arrow comes over it telling me that i can pick it up no matter what poistion im in. Looks like im stuck for good. No dam wonder i was having so much trouble, im usualy good at working things like this out myself, but this one had me stumped.. as it turns out its a dam game bug.

Not happy at all.

Support
Support

The book you need to give to the librarian is in a locked chest downstairs in the chamber with the bedrooms, along the outer wall. The key is upstairs, IIRC in Amdusias' hidden room (with the chest that needs a password).

veteran
veteran
The book you mentioned Pangaea is there for the only reason to open a secret place, nothing more than that, so NO bug wink

Last edited by Joram; 08/04/10 11:09 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard