Print Thread
#411239 19/04/10 07:10 AM
B
banenwn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Its a shame the reviews this game has gotten.I am a few hours into it and this is one of the best rpg games ive played deffinetly my top 3 or 4 favorites.I loved divine divinity havent really gotten into beyond much but this game i almost feel bad for waiting for the price to drop simply because i listened to the reviewers.Larian great job again on another awesome game.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yep, the so-called reviewers are all hyped up waiting for Diab-blow 3 which will be just another clone of all the other games Blizzard does, thus you get bad reviews by bad reviewers, who are do not like change or anything new in their small minded view of RPG's!

Oh well, I have also waited until a game price dropped to buy a game, only to find while I was waiting to save money because some bad review worried me, thousands of others were loving the game!

Always try the demos of games, and check the game developers forums to see what the "real" gamers like or dislike about a game instead of reading reviews made by someone who is getting paid to play games and may have a grudge against the developer or publishers of previous games.

Like myself... glad to see your enjoying this great game!

old hand
old hand
Diablo 3 was has that got to do with anything.

More like reviwers comparing it to the likes of Oblivion...

apprentice
apprentice
Totally agree with you. This game delivers!

When I bought my first computer, I started buying games without even knowing reviews existed. I was entering a shop, reading the back of the box, looking at screenshots and cover and decided to buy it or not. In that time (1997 till 2001) I discovered GREAT games like Evil Islands, just to name this one.

After that I discovered so-called profesisonal reviews sites and started buying games getting 8.5 and up out of 10. I'm sure I missed some good games even tho some "pros" gave them a 4/10...

Now i'm back to my old habits but I do read PLAYERS reviews, at least those I find constructive.

Divinity 2 is a must for RPG fans and it got lots of flavor that NA RPGs don't have.

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

Guess you do not read to many reviews or PC game magazines, because most reviewers who gave Divinity 2 a low score have mentioned Diablo 3, and how they know it will be worth the wait, thus they have already given their opinion on a game that has not even been released yet. ;-)

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by The Outfield
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

Guess you do not read to many reviews or PC game magazines, because most reviewers who gave Divinity 2 a low score have mentioned Diablo 3, and how they know it will be worth the wait, thus they have already given their opinion on a game that has not even been released yet. ;-)

Which review(s) are you referring to? I just read the bottom 10 or so (worst) reviews from metacritic and did not see Diablo 3 mentioned once. I saw one comment saying the divinity series is "diablo-like" but that's about.

Even if there is one review that does mention it...that's hardly "most". It seems this game was reviewed low by "most" reviewers on Divinity 2's own quality (or lack of).

Personally I am really enjoying the game (about 30 hours in) but it has many rough spots so a lot of the negative points brought up in reviews I think have merit.

Last edited by KnuckleHead; 26/04/10 07:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
I bought the game today precisely because of players reviews on Gamespot. A lot of the players said they had been surprised by how good the game is since it got mediocre professional reviews.

journeyman
journeyman
This game is blowing me away. I'm completely awed by the artwork and music and everything else. The atmosphere is amazing. I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 but it's a different style of game altogether to me being more hack and slash and less roleplay. I'm definitely recommending Divinity 2.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I have to agree, this game is very well done. I'm a huge Diablo fan as well, in fact I built the current computer to be able to deal with the 3rd installment of Diablo. If I can suggest, one game that I did really enjoy playing---Back in the early days of graphical RPG's one can't get away from the Bard's Tale without giving it a worthy mention.

The remake put out a few years ago in my humble opinion is worth a look. They had a lot of fun when they designed it, and some of the dialog options still make me laugh.

I'll be able to recommend this one, even though it has a few minor issues to work out? The game play and graphics/soundtrack is extremely well done.

S-

veteran
veteran
The funny thing is by me:
if I buy a game and I find this game very good, then I'm curious "what other players and reviewers thinking about that game" !

So mostly I read a review after I buy a game :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Joram
The funny thing is by me:
if I buy a game and I find this game very good, then I'm curious "what other players and reviewers thinking about that game" !

So mostly I read a review after I buy a game :hihi:

same here

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I always read what the fans say first and foremost, then I look for a demo and try that, and visit websites that the players are posting on.

But yes, I have bought many games also without reading any "official" reviews and have enjoyed most of them, and many games that the "reviewers" trashed. ;-)

Last edited by The Outfield; 28/04/10 03:16 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard