OP Offline
veteran
Tell us about your First Look at Divinity II - Flames Of Vengeance smile

Official website: http://www.flamesofvengeance.com

O
stranger
stranger
O
Well I am impressed, esp. about the part where graphical upgrade will apply to the vanilla game as well (with or without expansion). Nicely done. I just hope new engine upgrades mean the stuttering is gone alone with quality boost.

veteran
veteran
Hi Lynn,

do you mean going to
http://www.flamesofvengeance.com/
... and tell Larian what's my impression after a first look at Flames of Vengeance?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes please wink

old hand
old hand
Happy Birthday Lynn.

Its a shame I may or may not be able to play this due the set back with the size restriction on Xbox Live DLC Policy.

veteran
veteran
delight

Hi, first of all I wish to say: a nice new site! smile

I read the whole FAQ - page and I wonder this question:

"What platforms is Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance coming out on?

The first release will be on PC. We've also got it running on Xbox360, but we're still evaluating the distribution methods, as the content of the expansion turned out to be too large to release it via DLC, as was our original intention. We'll keep you posted when a decision has been made about this."

I hope there comes out a expansion with a disc for Xbox and not via DLC!

So far I can understand for the PC-version there is coming out a disc-version. Why not the same system for the Xbox question
wink

Last edited by Joram; 03/06/10 11:40 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
apprentice
apprentice
Will we finally be able to attack land troops in dragon shape?

Looks great. I'm particularly happy that you get to keep EVERYTHING from ED if you transfer the character (no cheap "you got nearly killed and stripped naked, therefore you start at level 1 and without any gear" copouts).

The engine upgrade looks good too, at least from the eye candy standpoint. Hope there are some improvements under the hood.

Now get to marketing, guys! EgoD (and Flames) have the potential to overshadow EVERY single-player RPG currently on the market, but there's way too little noise about it out there. You deserve to sell a lot of copies and make a solid buck or two.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Happy Birthday, Lynn. Have a shot of vodka.

Last edited by Damar Stiehl; 03/06/10 01:47 PM.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
Looking awesome right there!
A question however, i hope it supports DX9 and hopefully you`ll look into making the game compatible with Logitech Chillstream gamepads for the PC users? =)

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
P
stranger
stranger
P
Looks great! Please not let this expansion be cancelled for the xbox 360. After playing the main game, this has become THE rpg of the year for me.

Also, does the 360 version get a graphical upgrade as well?

apprentice
apprentice
Panda the answer is most likely yes, loving what you have done with the graphics Larian thanks for spending your time and effort for us needy fans after i finnish the game i am most likely going to frame it in a gold encrusted frame and hang it over my fireplace and admire it until im six feet under in which case ill ask for it to be buried with me it definitely deserves no less

Divinity 2 What a game!! laugh

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Panda X
Looks great! Please not let this expansion be cancelled for the xbox 360. After playing the main game, this has become THE rpg of the year for me.

Also, does the 360 version get a graphical upgrade as well?

Hopefully they'll release a Patch for EU Owners of the console version.
Unlike the 1.03 patch.

old hand
old hand
Looking very good!

Noticed this in the FAQ:
Well, a lot. We had a good look at what people wrote on our forums, especially the parts they didn't like, and started fixing this. Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance probably features the coolest piece of Dragon gameplay we've created so far.

Will the changes in gameplay also apply to Ego Draconis if I start a completely new game?

Last edited by virumor; 03/06/10 06:31 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by virumor
Looking very good!

Noticed this in the FAQ:
Well, a lot. We had a good look at what people wrote on our forums, especially the parts they didn't like, and started fixing this. Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance probably features the coolest piece of Dragon gameplay we've created so far.

Will the changes in gameplay also apply to Ego Draconis if I start a completely new game?

I would like to know that too.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
mmmm fun love the community quotes part

heh

"At the end of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, the dragon knight was left in a bit of a pickle, causing quite a lot of commotion among players."

bit of a pickle >_> thats mean

summer release date.........you mean i dont have to wait until xmas........ disc based........
uh PLEASE make the cover and disc in the same style of d2 for the sake of my color coded shelves

and awesome work Larian

ps while this is a day one pc buy will we ever see a ps3 version

Wow! The site looks great! And i can tell from the screenshots that the graphics have been GREATLY improved. It looks really, really good. Can't wait 4 this game 2 come out!! grin

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Lynn!!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by jereth
mmmm fun love the community quotes part

heh

"At the end of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, the dragon knight was left in a bit of a pickle, causing quite a lot of commotion among players."

bit of a pickle >_> thats mean

summer release date.........you mean i dont have to wait until xmas........ disc based........
uh PLEASE make the cover and disc in the same style of d2 for the sake of my color coded shelves

and awesome work Larian

ps while this is a day one pc buy will we ever see a ps3 version

Its not likely.
Word of advice you should tidy up your post to make it easier to read,

Originally Posted by virumor
Looking very good!

Noticed this in the FAQ:

Faqs Guys!
"Will a patch be released for Divinity II - Ego Draconis that includes these improvements, even if I don't buy Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance?
Yes. "

stranger
stranger
Please guys tell us you fixed that thing in your engine causing stuttering. I really like your games, but if I have to use the russian crack once more to fix the errors that you should've fixed, than I don't want to play your games anymore frown If the problems I was experiencing were really fault of the DRM and you refused to do something about it, than I'm truly disappointed. It's like valueing your game more than people who pay for it.

stranger
stranger
Any idea when it will be up for pre-order on Amazon etc?

old hand
old hand
When they got all the dates and distribution methods sorted.

Also FOV will be at E3.
CDV will be showing it off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard