Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#413932 09/06/10 12:51 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I heard in the FAQ that it is to large to be released as a DLC and since they obviously have stated that it is an expansion does that mean the expansion will be on disc for us to download the content from? Quite frankly it'll be better if they released it on a disc like the dragon age expansion where you just pop it in and play unlike the elder scrolls: oblivion expansion which you would download and it didn't even work or as some said "you needed xbox live" which was not stated on the box - what a scam. Anyhow since I myself obviously have internet, downloading FOV from xbox live is not a problem but I probably most likely wouldn't download FOV, anyhow I would prefer a disc version so any thoughts on that?

Last edited by jsjsjsjjs; 09/06/10 02:17 PM.
Support
Support

There hasn't been anything official mentioned on what is up with the Xbox version of the add-on. Xbox Live wasn't required for the main game, so hopefully it wouldn't be needed for a single-player add-on, except possibly a one time activation (more than that would be copy protection taken to a stupid extent, IMNSHO).
Downloading to the Xbox isn't a problem for me, but I have to string an ethernet cable across the room, so I'd rather not play anything that required an active connection (I've got an old router I might be able to use as a bridge... I'm not paying $100 for a wireless adapter, in any case).

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
Yes it probably be on disc.
I think the problem is going to be try renegotiating with all the distributors to get the game out.

veteran
veteran
I too hope it came out on disc !!!!!!

To all the distributors : give it a go!! Bring out a good disc with FOV !
delight

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thank you Raze for the welcome and it is good to see that other people agree with having a disc version after all Divine Divinity's expansion was on disc so surely it could be done again. In any case the next game could tell people who didn't play FOV about what went on to make sure people don't miss out on the story. Anyway it seems all we can do is hope they do a disc version then.

http://gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/...of-vengeance-dlc-on-xbox-360-this-summer

This site (and many others) say that FOV will be released on XL though, there is no mention of a disc version. Anyway here's hoping we finally get to kill Damian - he's been an annoyance since the beginning of the game and rumor and gossips in the local tavern have it that his armor would look good on me.
rpg001

Last edited by jsjsjsjjs; 09/06/10 02:31 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah jsjsjsjjs,

but that article on the link you give is from March 4 2010 ... and I think Larian discover in the meanwhile it is better to make a disc version ... because the whole FOV expansion came to be too big for DLC (?) ...

up for a disc of FOV ! delight

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by jsjsjsjjs
Thank you Raze for the welcome and it is good to see that other people agree with having a disc version after all Divine Divinity's expansion was on disc so surely it could be done again. In any case the next game could tell people who didn't play FOV about what went on to make sure people don't miss out on the story. Anyway it seems all we can do is hope they do a disc version then.

http://gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/...of-vengeance-dlc-on-xbox-360-this-summer

This site (and many others) say that FOV will be released on XL though, there is no mention of a disc version. Anyway here's hoping we finally get to kill Damian - he's been an annoyance since the beginning of the game and rumor and gossips in the local tavern have it that his armor would look good on me.
rpg001

That articles from when it was first announced.
At that time Larian didn't realise it would be too big for DLC.

i would definately prefer a disc bcause my xbox has almost no memory left and i dont feel like bying a new hard drive or memory card.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Is it common that Add-Ons for console games come on discs ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Is it common?
I don't know Alrik, but the expasion for Dragon Age also is on DISC ! smile

In the time XBOX and XBOX360 wasn't "Live", they MUST make a DISC! I hope they do further on that way wink

old hand
old hand
Xbox 360 always had live.
Just to correct you smile

veteran
veteran
Sorry ... I was thinking wrong because of the "name" .. earlier they name it simply "Xbox" ... and now "Xbox360 Live" ... smirk

But still, I hope Larian let make some disc of FoV for Xbox!

I hear (Youtube) FoV would have new Skills for Human AND Dragon ... So I love it to "read and see" about this new Skills in a MANUAL I can take with me, touch it, etc .. and NOT only a virtual manual via Live ...

The little book that is named the "Manual" by Divinity II : Ego Draconis I find really really really good written!!! I love such Manuals!!!
Please Larian, make a disc with nice manual for Flames of Vengeance on PC AND Xbox !

I'm totally not sure I CAN buy FoV if it goes only via Xbox Live!! frown

Support
Support

FoV is not going to be on Xbox Live at all; it ended up too large for Microsoft's DLC.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

FoV is not going to be on Xbox Live at all; it ended up too large for Microsoft's DLC.

I read that on the official site yesterday. I hope it comes to disc with a beautiful, chunky manual again.

And if it does, I hope it has a nice intro by Swen and Larian again.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
delight !!! Yes, not via Live but a DISC with a beautiful manual!!! delight

smile I'm sooooooo happy smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Libertarian

We will never release a manual without an intro! The current one is again very cool wink
That's all I can tell you right now smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lynn
Originally Posted by Libertarian

We will never release a manual without an intro! The current one is again very cool wink
That's all I can tell you right now smile

That's very nice to read lynn!! smile I was already SURE Larian make a "cool" manual, once and for all!!
And enough information for the moment lynn ....
.... because otherwise I wish to see that manual ...

... NOW!! evil
:hihi:

A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, personally, I saw no real for a new manual ... But that was just my personal opinion ... Because everything played so "fluent", I didn't think I'd need one ...

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Alrik, I'm sure you know something about new Skills for human and drgon in FoV .. only for that a manual is great and further on ... I too love to read something Swen/ Larian write down as a introduction for Flames of Vengeance ! smile

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, I have seen a few. But the UI was a bit ... kind of "broken" still, remember, it was still unfinished (I don't know how much finished it is today), so I couldn't exactly say which skills were new and which weren't, especially, since I had no older game next to me to measure it against.

But yes, there were a few new things.

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard