Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Hi everyone! I just started playing Divinity II and I had a quick question about the graphics. They aren't quite as good as I thought they'd be (from screenshots) and I'm wondering if there are any options I can turn on/off to improve them.

Right now I have it set on "Extreme" with every graphics option (AA, etc.) checked. This doesn't appear to slow me down at all, but I do notice that when NPCs walk around, they have a somewhat stuttering motion to their gait. It's not awful and doesn't really seem to be a result of having the settings too high, so I'm wondering if maybe that's just the way the graphics are.

The edges of the characters also look a little jagged, despite having AA turned on. (Unless this is something else...not sure what "Timeslice" or whatever that word is means.)

Thanks.

stranger
stranger
XP
Quad processor
System memory 2 GB
Nvidia 250 GTS 1 GB
Direct X 9.0c updated by Game and by 1.3 patch.
In game set to High.

I have a similar issue as well, and more-so indoors than out. And mainly I see it in my Hero that I am controlling. Its just the slightest stutter every now and then. I've tried the following to get rid of it, but with no results.

1) Nvidia control panel - lowering/raising pre-rendered frames, Turning on/off Vsync, Turning on/off PhsyX.
2) In Game - Lowering/raising resolution and graphic settings.
3) Updated PhsyX, Updated Drivers
4) Nothing running in the background (By system default - Thats the way I have it rigged)

Nothing That I have done so far has had any effect. Since the issue for me is almost always indoors, I just got use to it - after playing the game for awhile.

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Well, after changing from Extreme to High, it's much better. I also disable two of the options that were originally disabled by default (but I then enabled them, so maybe that contribute to the stuttering). I still have AA on, but sometimes the characters (in particular my own PC) don't look so sharp around the hair, etc.

I also wish the cursor would move more fluidly. It moves fine on the main menu (just as the cursor does in Windows), but in the character screens it drags somewhat. There is also a couple second lag when opening the character screens (inventory, skills, etc.). All points against the quality of the game, but livable. So far no bugs that I know of, except

I did a quest that was marked as failed, even though I seemed to do it in a way that was a valid alternate method. The quest to get money from Keane for the merchant in the inn. I chose to side with Keane, then spoke to the merchant again, and it failed.

Support
Support

If you side with the soldier, then the quest to extort money out of him will fail, though you do get experience for finishing it that way. After that, it is better to just not mention it to Locke again. You can confront him with the fact that he already got Richard to get what he was owed (for a second time), but Locke just dismisses that as a lie or misunderstanding (don't recall) and raises his prices. There is no extra reward for telling Locke to leave the soldier alone.

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Raze

If you side with the soldier, then the quest to extort money out of him will fail, though you do get experience for finishing it that way. After that, it is better to just not mention it to Locke again. You can confront him with the fact that he already got Richard to get what he was owed (for a second time), but Locke just dismisses that as a lie or misunderstanding (don't recall) and raises his prices. There is no extra reward for telling Locke to leave the soldier alone.

Hmm, maybe I am remembering it wrong, but I don't recall getting experience after I finished talking to the soldier. The quest remained active and I figured it would close after I spoke to Locke, which it did but it failed and no reward window popped up. Oh well, long gone now. smile

K
stranger
stranger
K
All of your graphics issues have been discussed at some point or other on these threads. The stuttering animation can be improved by using a fps limiter. There is a simple version floating around the web called "FPS Limiter 0.2.rar". You can search for that and try it. The site where it was first released has been down for a while.

Limiting your FPS will also help with mouse movement in the menus.

AA has never worked right for a majority of people and there is no guaranteed workaround atm. Some people have had luck by lowering their AF to 4x and having SSAA enabled in a program like nHancer, but this didn't work for me.

The good news is that most of these issues should be fixed with the expansion and the corresponding patch for D2! You just have to wait till that comes out. I am playing The Witcher until the patch comes out since I can't stand the jaggies!

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Kirii
All of your graphics issues have been discussed at some point or other on these threads. The stuttering animation can be improved by using a fps limiter. There is a simple version floating around the web called "FPS Limiter 0.2.rar". You can search for that and try it. The site where it was first released has been down for a while.

Limiting your FPS will also help with mouse movement in the menus.

AA has never worked right for a majority of people and there is no guaranteed workaround atm. Some people have had luck by lowering their AF to 4x and having SSAA enabled in a program like nHancer, but this didn't work for me.

The good news is that most of these issues should be fixed with the expansion and the corresponding patch for D2! You just have to wait till that comes out. I am playing The Witcher until the patch comes out since I can't stand the jaggies!

Ah thanks. At least it's not just me, but of course that means they are real problems instead of things I can't tweak! smile Oh well, I'm still having fun!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard