Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#416425 22/07/10 12:03 AM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Dear forumites/Larian/Wise old sage,
Will there be any romance options in fov? Or even better have options been added in the dragon knight saga? (Hermosa for male and Kenneth for females as the island lady tell Hermosa that the dragon knight and her have a destiny together or something along those lines).

As this is my first post I'd just like to say to those who at Larian thank you thankyou for your brilliant game (Ego Draconis) as I enjoyed it immensely due to it feeling like it was custom made for my tastes as it is rare to see humor used so well in an RPG and at times I was laughing so hard that my friends thought I was watching a stand up comedy act smile. Not only that but the sheer amount of fun side-quests and all the extra secrets that can be found made this game one of my all time favorites.
The only problem with it was the ending but now with that being dealt with in the expansion I am overjoyed. Anyway just wanted to say thanks and looking forward to all your future projects delight

groovy headbanging celebrate oops jawdrop weird horsey cheer
Sorry about all the emoticons but I couldn't resist as they're so funky and there's lots of them

Last edited by Merik; 22/07/10 12:06 AM.
Merik #416433 22/07/10 03:15 AM
Support
Support

There hasn't been anything mentioned about romance in FoV. You'd think the dragon knight would have more pressing concerns, but we had all the time we needed to wander around Broken Valley, etc, so you never know.

What part made you laugh the most (spoilers)

I reloaded to go through the arena in the hall of echoes multiple times, just to try multiple speech options.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #416437 22/07/10 03:26 AM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

You'd think the dragon knight would have more pressing concerns, but we had all the time we needed to wander around Broken Valley, etc, so you never know.

This is a rpg so obviously the big bad evil always waits until your ready to whoop it's ass. Rpg villains are nice and courteous that way delight I mean Damian is the most polite villain I've ever encountered as he warns you not to go against his plans and he wont send people to kill you. He warns you and urges you not to go against him many times otherwise he may hurt you. Also *spoilers* Ygerna warns you that if you take the battle tower you will not be able to finish up quests in Broken Valley so basically Damian waits for you to do your little quests for the villagers so as not to put you out wink Ah such a nice fellow that Damian biggrin
Thanks for the warm welcome Raze welcome

P.S Also does anyone know if the expansion is coming to steam as D2 is on there?

Last edited by Merik; 22/07/10 03:38 AM. Reason: Added question
Merik #416442 22/07/10 04:26 AM
Support
Support

Yes, you do have to give game villains credit for an abundance of patience and courtesy. evil

I'd guess FoV / DKS would be on Steam (etc), but nothing has been announced.

Raze #416463 22/07/10 01:58 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
To add to my previous questions here is a list of my curiosity gone wild wink
1.Will the battle tower be back in fov?
2.Will dragon knight chronicles be released before fov as isn't just like a huge patch? (also will it be easy to download?)
3.I've heard that fov will take 15-20 hours to complete but I am wondering if that means a full completion like checking every nook and cranny for secret goodies?
4.Is Aleroth the only populated quest giving center in fov or is there another location (like small village or random people you find whilst wandering e.g like Broken Valley)?

Well that's all the questions I can think of...for now evil

Merik #416478 22/07/10 04:02 PM
Support
Support

I would assume you either still have the battle tower in FoV, or your servants escape an attack and show up in Aleroth (with appropriate equipment to continue their functions).

DKS and FoV are both set for an October release.

Presumably Larian would be estimating the average playtime, not the maximum.

Raze #416482 22/07/10 05:26 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cool thanx Raze for always replying laugh
You should be made a forum moderator delight

Raze #416513 23/07/10 07:18 AM
veteran
veteran

The "average playtime"? :hihi:
For me, my average playtime is like always much more ... at least, double it or even triple this playtime!!
And without playing it hardcore : if I do it that way, I don't even know how loooooong I shall play the whole game hahaha hahaha !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #416545 23/07/10 03:28 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Joram

The "average playtime"? :hihi:
For me, my average playtime is like always much more ... at least, double it or even triple this playtime!!
And without playing it hardcore : if I do it that way, I don't even know how loooooong I shall play the whole game hahaha hahaha !!

I know what you mean Joram I'm a total completionist in rpg games so I explore everything, kill everything and do everything smile
I just recently finished Mass Effect 2 on insanity and it took a lot longer than my average play-through as I had to be very very careful and do everything perfectly otherwise you're dead silly

Merik #416569 23/07/10 09:15 PM
veteran
veteran
I was surprised that there wasn't even a hint of a romance option for Sassan, although I suppose that makes sense because there isn't an equivalent for female characters.

Making one of the optional trainers a romance option isn't really a good idea either because that means if you want to use the other trainer, you have to choose between a romance path or building your own character the way you want.

This series isn't really designed for romance options, really, what with all the death and destruction in all three games.

The closest things to romance options were both from Divine Divinity: the parody romance quests in the elf village, or Penumbra.

Stabbey #416571 23/07/10 09:41 PM
addict
addict
in the german trailer u can see a whore for a fev secs.. Im just sain smile
But i dont think u can... You know... Its a 12er game anyway, so i dont tink so

Yes, im pervers XD

Ps: sry i dont exactly remind the english non-vulgair word @ tje moment wink

Kontrolle ist gut, Milchschnitte ist besser...........
Stabbey #416610 24/07/10 01:47 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I was surprised that there wasn't even a hint of a romance option for Sassan, although I suppose that makes sense because there isn't an equivalent for female characters.

Making one of the optional trainers a romance option isn't really a good idea either because that means if you want to use the other trainer, you have to choose between a romance path or building your own character the way you want.

This series isn't really designed for romance options, really, what with all the death and destruction in all three games.

The closest things to romance options were both from Divine Divinity: the parody romance quests in the elf village, or Penumbra.

I thought originally it would be Hermosa for males and Kenneth for females but I guess you're right in saying this game isn't designed for romance due to the fact you can change sex whenever you like as that would make a relationship confusing wink

Merik #416636 24/07/10 07:42 PM
stranger
stranger
I think they should let Bioware stick to making romance in games.. This game was amazing without any romance needed!

Money doesn't buy happiness ... But I'd rather cry in my Ferrari.

'We are the Ordo Malleus, Demons and Heretics shall fall before our Might!'
Mr Kooolaid #416639 24/07/10 07:59 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm a big Bioware fan but I'd love for there to be a comedic side quest like some random crazy person falling in love with the dragon knight (like one of the black ring henchmen) and appearing at weird times smile But hey I love the game as it is and there seems to be alot of interesting side-quests in fov. I was wondering by the way does the dragon knight chronicles change anything else other than graphics in the original game> (like extra quests, bug-fixes etc) Because I'm tempted to make my "perfect" play-through now to pass the time.

Merik #416643 24/07/10 08:18 PM
stranger
stranger
Actually that would be a really funny add-on if they did a love interest DLC or something ... I think that there are supposed to be little extras added into the Dragon Knight Saga but I haven't heard if there's any other way of getting the extra content (Like a patch to the original game).

Money doesn't buy happiness ... But I'd rather cry in my Ferrari.

'We are the Ordo Malleus, Demons and Heretics shall fall before our Might!'
Merik #416645 24/07/10 08:32 PM
Support
Support

From the topic Another status update, about DKS:
Originally Posted by Lar_q
You can take that "remastered heavily" part seriously as we've literally redesigned almost all dragon parts, especially the flying fortresses, drastically changed loot/enemies and retouched quite some artwork. The net result is a much more streamlined experience that is a lot more fun (we think wink )

Raze #416649 24/07/10 08:43 PM
Merik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

From the topic Another status update, about DKS:
Originally Posted by Lar_q
You can take that "remastered heavily" part seriously as we've literally redesigned almost all dragon parts, especially the flying fortresses, drastically changed loot/enemies and retouched quite some artwork. The net result is a much more streamlined experience that is a lot more fun (we think wink )

Thanks Raze again cool2
Does that mean they have redesigned only the parts with the dragon (like the flying fortresses) or they've also redesigned the original quests also?

Merik #416660 24/07/10 09:47 PM
Support
Support

You know as much as I do now. It doesn't sound like they have changed the original quests directly, though altering the loot and enemies could make a significant difference to some of them.

Merik #420659 01/09/10 08:55 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Merik

You'd think the dragon knight would have more pressing concerns, but we had all the time we needed to wander around Broken Valley, etc, so you never know.

This is a rpg so obviously the big bad evil always waits until your ready to whoop it's ass. Rpg villains are nice and courteous that way delight I mean Damian is the most polite villain I've ever encountered as he warns you not to go against his plans and he wont send people to kill you. He warns you and urges you not to go against him many times otherwise he may hurt you. Also *spoilers* Ygerna warns you that if you take the battle tower you will not be able to finish up quests in Broken Valley so basically Damian waits for you to do your little quests for the villagers so as not to put you out wink Ah such a nice fellow that Damian biggrin

He sounds like a good guy now!

Demonic #420694 02/09/10 02:51 PM
veteran
veteran
Romance and Divinity games are two incompatible things :P
Barely doubt there will be such aspect even in upcoming games, Larian is not a Bioware after all ;P

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard