Next Thread
Print Thread
#416953 27/07/10 05:05 PM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I haven't fought Laiken; I can't get by the sealed door on the top floor from the elevator. I've mindread the mute goblin, all he thought was he wanted to read a book of philosophy by Goth If I remember. There was a book on a bench near him and after taking this book it vanished from my inventory.

I've spent many hours stuck here and the game is no longer fun.

Any help is appreciated.

Old Monk

Have you figured out the name of the demon yet?

If not, you still have to explore one of the levels. There are 5 levels IIRC, including the one that you came from.

If you have the name, then you have to talk to Sassan.

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
OK, but I've gone over and over every level. I'm worn out. What am I looking for? What happened to the book in my inventory?

I'm very discouraged. Every time I really start to enjoy the game it's only a matter of time before I'm stuck again. Up to this point I've managed to figure it out. I don't really like puzzles. I've searched the forum for the answer and have found almost no info on this. Everyone seems to breeze through here....instead needing advice on how to kill Laiken.

Well, once more for the Gypper, into the breach, etc etc.

thanks.
Old Monk

journeyman
journeyman
After you mind read him he talks of a book, go to the book shelf behind the desk on the right of the room. (The only book shelf you can interact with.) There will be a bunch of book names... choose the bottom one.

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I've done that three times; four now. Nevermore is the word of the parrot, but I still am stuck in this tower.

I've been through all five levels many times.

Answer: My son had the screen setting on Zoom and the last option was below the view.
I never saw it. Three hours wasted in this place because of a screen setting! At least it wasn't the fault of Ego Draconis.

thank you; I wouldn't have realized this without help.

Sometimes being old is a pain. I marvel at how fast my sons process their games.
Again, thanks.

Old Monk

journeyman
journeyman
Not a problem.

Support
Support

A couple people (depending on settings) have had problems at Erlking's bookcase, not realizing they could scroll down to see/read the book he was thinking of.
Actually, a fair number of people have gotten stuck at about this point. More people have had trouble with the fight with Laiken, though, so (as you found) that would have shown up much more in your search, depending on which terms you used and over what time range.

After mindreading the mute goblin, reading his writings gives you a couple of stat points; that may have been the book that disappeared (IIRC it was on the end table closest to the door).

Welcome to the forum. wave

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
This is the friendliest game forum I've ever encountered. Most forums punish newcomers with scorn and out and out insults for 'stupid beginner questions'. I don't know why this forum is different. I noticed that right away.

I wonder if the mahagement is a cut above. Is it possible, likely even, that something in this game actually attracts a better class of people?

Anyway, I think Draconis and the people who play it are nicer than the average bear, and I thank you all for your help.

Now I get to kill Laiken.

Old Monk

veteran
veteran
Your welcome wink

This is indeed a friendly nice game forum !

And good luck with your Dragon Knight ... ! Have a nice and funny time playing smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
F
stranger
stranger
F
i have made it to laiken and he is sitting behind his throne and the comp wont let me talk to him i have put a lot of time into this game {about 40 hours or more) into this game and i think i have reached a glitch with no way out that is just great because i bought several expansions for this game and was getting very involved into it and now i have nothing to show for it except for a waste of everything. creators of this game are ammetuers i hate you for wasting my time and $money$ because i work hard for it. get a different job! PLEASE SO that i can continue playing games that work!

veteran
veteran
Sorry, but I'm sure Larian Studios are not amateurs .

You say "ammetuers"?" ... hmmmm ..... who's here "the amateur"?

evil

Last edited by Joram; 30/07/10 11:27 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
F
stranger
stranger
F
im not trying to be mean but think about it (if yo were in my shoes i an sure that you would be pissed off )sorry about my grammar but i am german and this is my second language so how do you say ficken ab hundin for making a game that doesn't work i guess i'll start playing the Witcher because the POLISH know how to make games that work at least. mario brothers is more advanced than this atleast it works i am just pissed off because i feel like a guinnie pig that put a lot of time into NOTHING THANK YOU FOR MAKING A POINTLESS GAME. PLEASE comment about what i should do except suck a big cock because there is no fix for where i am at I HATE YOU FOREVER It should be called divinity 2 EGO GLITCHY(I have a bellybutton) Don't market it unless you are willing to stand behind it.

Last edited by finishercm; 30/07/10 12:12 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Maybe you should have more then one save? COMMON RPG SENSE!! wink

Support
Support

Are you under the impression nobody had any problems with the Witcher?

How did the fight with the demon go? After he runs off, as soon as you take the elevator up to the throne room a cutscene should be triggered showing your character, then panning around to show the room, the camera moves up to Laiken on the throne, and a conversation should then automatically start.

FWIW, I've never heard of this happening before. A couple people did run into a problem where the cutscene with the demon running away wouldn't get triggered. One tried different conversation and combat combinations until one worked, and another reported that if they avoided mindreading Sassan before the summoning, the cutscene proceeded ok. A third person mindread all 3 involved to get past the cutscene.
Have you reloaded and tried different options with Sassan (heal, summon or attack), etc, before heading to the throne room?

If it is a problem with that particular cutscene, maybe a clean reinstall of the game could help.

If you have access to a different system, you could try your save there and see if it works.

Try emailing supportintl@dtp-entertainment.com or support@larian.com.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

stranger
stranger
try messing with the graphics, i know with windows 7 i cant use extreme graphics or i will get a black screen an have to ctrl alt delete out an restart on lower settings, also try loading up a older save ( hopefully you have a save before the fights) an then mess with the settings before the cut scenes.

also quest items or rewards for doing quests go into your invintory even with a full inv. ive had up to 5 extra items in my inv. even when it was full, also check your quest items an not the chest where all the other books go.

Last edited by Major-Suicide; 13/11/10 08:33 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard