Next Thread
Print Thread
#420121 26/08/10 05:48 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
1st time ive even attempted 2 look 4 help. having trouble getting past ba'al.
once u walk in2 his chamber & starts the monologue u can mindread him, he states something about how "razakel poisoned him", does this tip 2wards a way of getting past him? since i cannot get past him & have had no problems getting past anything before this im @ a complete loss.....

Last edited by tat2scourge; 26/08/10 05:50 PM.
tat2scourge #420131 26/08/10 07:25 PM
Support
Support

What level are you? Have you summoned your creature for help, etc?

Mindreading Ba'al gives you a couple skill points, but it isn't a clue on how to defeat him.

I cleared out the opponents around Ba'al before fighting him, so I wasn't getting attacked by too many opponents at once. However, I didn't return to Broken Valley until I had cleared most of the flying fortresses in the fjords, so I think I was a couple levels higher than him.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #420153 26/08/10 08:44 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
im lvl 29, my creature is summoned & a ghost 2 heal me, potions & reflect ability dont keep me alive long enough.
also drink moderate strength, dexterity & intelligence potions

Last edited by tat2scourge; 26/08/10 08:46 PM.
tat2scourge #420154 26/08/10 09:18 PM
Support
Support

Ba'al is level 30, so it should be possible to take him out on level 29 (though another level or two would certainly help, if you want to go do some or all of a flying fortress, or something).

I found my creature most helpful with a mage head. Trying to take out a couple level 21 imps in the fjords at level 17, it was much more useful with a level 2 ranger head than a level 6 warrior head, and I switched to a mage head as soon as I found one after that.

Level 1 of the healing spell comes in handy. For a summon you may want to try the demon, rather than the ghost, since the ghost isn't necessarily reliable about healing you.

Did you check with your alchemist, and see if you can make any stronger healing or rejuvenation potions?

I never cared much for reflect type skills, since the point of building your character is to minimize the damage done. A Static Charge aura on a piece of jewelry did come in handy when I first got to Sentinel Island, though, to take out some wyverns that kept out of bow range most of the time (that aura returns a set amount of magical damage, rather than a percentage of damage done to you).

Level 1 of Evade helps for melee combat.

For a warrior, max your weapon expertise, and get Bleed up to level 10.

Have you visited your enchanter's platform, and made sure you have the best enchantments available? I put Life Line (up to level 9) on most of my armour, aside from a couple of instances to help with resistances. With jewelry I used a couple level 10 healing auras, but generally didn't bother upgrading or changing many (next character I think I may try to max out Static Charge, up to level 9). For weapons of course I used up to level 9 damage aura, and up to level 9 magic damage aura if there was a second slot.

The Hide In Shadows skill could let you heal in peace, while your creature does some damage. Even running around jumping side to side should let you avoid the majority of attacks for a while.

Raze #420157 26/08/10 09:23 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
gr8ly appreciated.... already cleared out all the flying fortresses tho, thought about going all the way back & finding the other 2 tree seeds needed in fjords....could only find 1 & cant find how 2 get past the barriers.

tat2scourge #420165 26/08/10 09:50 PM
Support
Support

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (there are a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, on a ledge directly above the left Nest Tower as you approach the cliff, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot.

Once the barrier is down, you can access the rest of the fjords and find the other 2 talking trees.

There is another barrier south of the harbour, disabled by destroying 4 ballistas with a blue lightning like effect around them.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard