Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Here is a complete list of all bonus skill, stat, and dragon skill points in the game. Entries marked with (ONLY ONE CHANCE) are just that - you get one chance. These are usually mindreads, and require doing it right then and there, or else you'll miss it. Items marked (MISSABLE) can be missed if you do not make the correct choice at the correct time.

Skill points are about half and half for being Skill Books, or mindread. Only two Stats Books exist, the rest are mindreads or special sources. All dragon skill points except the three from mindreading Patriarch are from Dragon Skill Books.

All points before the Battle Tower are missed once you claim the tower as your own.
All points after the Battle Tower are missed once you...
enter the Hall of Echoes.

Credit for the original list (which this one was based off of) goes to Mephasm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONUS SKILL POINTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You start with 1 point in Whirlwind, Poison Arrow, or Fireball, depending on your class choice in Farglow. This point will be unlearned by Unlearn All Skills (with your Skill Trainer). Mindread, Encumbrance, and all five Weapon Expertise skills have a point in them by default that cannot be removed.

BEFORE ACQUIRING THE BATTLE TOWER:
1: Farglow, a book on the middle rock in the goblin training area.
2: Broken Valley Village, a book at end of the Black Boar pub Strange Volume book hunt.
3: Broken Valley, Secret Passage, a book on the floor beyond the locked door Martis opens, past a spider web.
4: Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, one of the five items on chains to choose from (this is in the back of the room). (MISSABLE)
5: Broken Valley, Naberius' Storage, on a chair in the back of the room.
6: Broken Valley, Outside Maxos Temple, mindread ZixZax.
7: Broken Valley, Outside Maxos Temple, mindread ZixZax.
8: Sentinel Island, mindread Island after finishing "The Prophecy." (ONLY ONE CHANCE)

AFTER ACQUIRING THE BATTLE TOWER:
9: Sentinel Island, read the Ancient Journal found during "Legend of the Ancient Mariner." Fails the quest! (MISSABLE)
10: Sentinel Island, read the Ancient Journal found during "Legend of the Ancient Mariner." Fails the quest! (MISSABLE)
11: Battle Tower, mindread Sassan after acquiring the Battle Tower.
12: Battle Tower, mindread your Skill Trainer in the Battle Tower.
13: Battle Tower, mindread your Alchemist in the Battle Tower.
14: Battle Tower, mindread your Enchanter in the Battle Tower.
15: Battle Tower, mindread your Necromancer in the Battle Tower.
16: Orobas Fjords, mindread Lister. He dies after talking to you. (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
17: Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cave, a book in the chest near the Book of the Dead.
18: Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, a book on the table in Mundus' second floor office.
19: Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe cave, a book in Groth's room on a bench.
20: Orobas Fjords, Bone Burrow, a book, awarded for killing the monster during Jonelath's first quest. (IGOR DOES NOT AWARD THIS)
21: Battle Tower, a book, awarded for completing your Necromancer's first quest.
22: Battle Tower, a book, awarded for Enchanter's first quest. If you sell Radcliff's gem, he will NOT give this book! (MISSABLE)
23: Battle Tower, a book, awarded for Barbatos' first quest. (ALLAN DOES NOT AWARD THIS)
24: Battle Tower, a book, awarded for Hermosa's first quest. (KENNETH DOES NOT AWARD THIS)
25: Orobas Fjords, finish "Sight for Sore Eyes," and Simeon rewards this point. Requires 2 Malachite Gems. (MISSABLE)
26: Orobas Fjords, finish "Sight for Sore Eyes," and Simeon rewards this point. Requires 2 Malachite Gems. (MISSABLE)
27: Aleroth, mindread Zandalor in the ministry building. Tell him you need to rest first. (MISSABLE)
28: Aleroth, mindread Zandalor in the ministry building. Tell him you need to rest first. (MISSABLE)
29: Stone's Fortress Greenery, drop Black Rose and Moonshine into the spring. (MISSABLE)
30: Kali's Fortress. Read the quest item The Demon Wars, dropped by Kali. This will fail Kenneth's 2nd quest if he was chosen!
31: Kali's Fortress. Read the quest item The Demon Wars, dropped by Kali. This will fail Kenneth's 2nd quest if he was chosen!
32: Kali's Fortress. Read the quest item The Demon Wars, dropped by Kali. This will fail Kenneth's 2nd quest if he was chosen!
33: Kali's Fortress. Read the quest item The Demon Wars, dropped by Kali. This will fail Kenneth's 2nd quest if he was chosen!
34: Kali's Fortress. Read the quest item The Demon Wars, dropped by Kali. This will fail Kenneth's 2nd quest if he was chosen!
35: Broken Valley, abandoned Mine. Mindread Ba'al. (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
36: Broken Valley, abandoned Mine. Mindread Ba'al. (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
37: Battle Tower, a book awarded for your Necromancer's second quest.
38: Battle Tower, a book awarded for Wesson's second quest. (RADCLIFF DOES NOT AWARD THIS)
39: Battle Tower, a book awarded for your Alchemist's second quest.
40: Battle Tower, a book awarded for your Trainer's second quest.

ENDGAME:
41: Mindread Charon in the Hall of Echoes Arena.
42: Mindread Marius in the Hall of Echoes Arena.
43: Mindread Sassan in the Hall of Echoes Arena.
44: Mindread Amdusias in the Hall of Echoes Arena.
45: Mindread Ba'al in the Hall of Echoes Arena.
46: Ygerna's Memory, on the floor at the top of the stairs between the entrance and main room.

TOTAL BONUS SKILL POINTS: 46

BONUS STAT POINTS
You start with 1 point in Vitality, Spirit, Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence. You also start with 3 extra points in Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence, depending on your class choice in Farglow.

1: Broken Valley Village, wooden guard tower, mindread Quincy when he calls out to you from the tower. (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
2: Broken Valley Village, Jackson's Farm, mindread Lomax after killing Richard during "New Order or Champion Chaos." (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
3: Broken Valley Village, Village Chapel, book on a table in Lord Arben's tomb.
4: Broken Valley, outside the Bandit's Camp, mindread Christopher.
5: Broken Valley, Bandit's Camp, mindread Tagos.
6: Broken Valley, mindread Jenae or Filip after "Daylight Robbery." (ONLY ONE CHANCE)
7: Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, use Lovis' Scrying Stone and then mindread Toshan. (ONLY ONE CHANCE AND MISSABLE)
8: Broken Valley, Maxos Temple, read a book in the library (need to mindread the Librarian first).
9: Broken Valley, Maxos Temple, read a book in the library (need to mindread the Librarian first).
10: Sentinel Island, Bandit's Barracks, mindread living Sassan, then read Erlking's Writings. (MISSABLE)
11: Sentinel Island, Bandit's Barracks, mindread living Sassan, then read Erlking's Writings. (MISSABLE)
12: Sentinel Island, Bandit's Barracks, mindread living Sassan BEFORE activating the summoning circle. (MISSABLE)
13: Sentinel Island, Bandit's Barracks, mindread living Sassan AFTER the summoning ritual, but before following Razakel. (MISSABLE)

+1 to all 5 stats: Broken Valley, Maxos Temple, read the "Book of the Dragon." (required by the story)

14: Orobas Fjords, Champion Harbor Building, book on a table in Aurelius' room.
15: Aleroth, mindread General Augustus in front of the ministry in Aleroth.
16: Stone' Flying Fortress, drop Holy Basil and Oak Tears into Stone's Greenery spring. (MISSABLE)
17: Stone' Flying Fortress, drop Holy Basil and Oak Tears into Stone's Greenery spring. (MISSABLE)
18: Stone' Flying Fortress, drop Holy Basil and Oak Tears into Stone's Greenery spring. (MISSABLE)
19: Stone' Flying Fortress, drop Holy Basil and Oak Tears into Stone's Greenery spring. (MISSABLE)
20: Stone' Flying Fortress, drop Holy Basil and Oak Tears into Stone's Greenery spring. (MISSABLE)

+5 to Intelligence: Broken Valley, Geshniz's Headquarters, use the "Potion of Wisdom." This will fail Allan's 2nd quest if he was chosen!

FREE STAT POINTS: 20
PRE-DETERMINED STAT POINTS: 10
TOTAL BONUS STAT POINTS: 30

BONUS DRAGON SKILL POINTS
You start with 1 point in the Fire Sphere skill. This point will be unlearned by Unlearn All Skills (with your Skill Trainer). Firebreath has 1 default point in it that can never be removed.

1: Broken Valley, Maxos Temple, given by Librarian for completing "A Tale of Two Tomes." (required by the story)
2: Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, on a desk in the Chicken Rune room. (cannot be missed by claiming the Battle Tower)

3: Battle Tower, found on your bed in the Battle Tower, post-Laiken.
4: Battle Tower, on a table of the Skill Trainer platform of the Battle Tower.
5: Battle Tower, on a table of the Alchemist platform of the Battle Tower.
6: Battle Tower, on the ground in the center of the Enchanter platform of the Battle Tower.
7: Battle Tower, on the central ring of the Necromancer platform of the Battle Tower.
8: Sentinel Island, in a wyvern nest a bit northwest of the Battle Tower Shrine.
9: Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, in the fire maze room, on the floor near a large chest.
10: Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, mindread the Patriarch.
11: Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, mindread the Patriarch.
12: Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, mindread the Patriarch.
13: Orobas Fjords, Bandit Hideout, on a desk in Ragon's room.
14: Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cave, on a table near Barnabus on his platform.
15: Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, a book on the ground near the central lava pit.
16: Orobas Fjords, Well Cave, sitting on a desk in the southern room.
17: Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe cave, sitting on the floor next to Groth.
18: Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, sitting on the ground near some candles in the back.
19: Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, inside the talking chest if all questions correct. (MISSABLE)
20: Orobas Fjords, Lost Tomb, on the floor near the casket in the center.
21: Aleroth, in the Ministry building, on a table in the treasure room.
22: Stone's Flying Fortress, dropped by Xanlosch.
23: Stone's Flying Fortress, in a large wooden chest in the Inner Passage.
24: Stone's Flying Fortress, dropped by Stone.
25: Raze's Flying Fortress, dropped by Raze.
26: Broken Valley, Rayhun's Headquarters, dropped by Rayhun.
27: Kali's Flying Fortress, dropped by Kali.
28: Keara's Flying Fortress, dropped by Keara.

TOTAL BONUS DRAGON SKILL POINTS: 28

Last edited by Lancet; 27/08/10 03:48 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Thanks this post has helped me alot i didnt realise there was a skill book in Lovis citadel dungeon otherwise i would have got that not the other stuff down there the only use for that is to be sold for cash

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Lancet
3: Broken Valley, Secret Passage, a book on the floor beyond the locked door Martis opens, past a spider web.

This one I'm a little confused. I have DKS xbox version. Never found a book on the floor (I could have missed it) but there is one in a chest in a room that opens when you press a hidden wall panel after freeing Martis. Sometimes this room is not accessible because of a cave-in (I don't know what activates the cave-in).

Support
Support

The room is accessible before the cave-in; you do not have to keep up to Martis.

In the original release of D2:ED I mindread Martis in the cell, but did not use that information to complete the quest early. In that case when you get near the underground portion of the prison you find that he has already been broken out of jail, and there is no cave-in triggered. In DKS I avoiding that mindread and broke Martis out myself, but didn't get a cave-in doing the quest that way, either.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
Originally Posted by Lancet

This one I'm a little confused. I have DKS xbox version. Never found a book on the floor (I could have missed it) but there is one in a chest in a room that opens when you press a hidden wall panel after freeing Martis. Sometimes this room is not accessible because of a cave-in (I don't know what activates the cave-in).

I think that they're talking about the same thing, it might just be a mistake in the FAQ. That room is accessible after the cave in, by pressing a secret button behind a spider web. The book is in a chest, and you found it.

The room is only accessible if you freed Martis, as he unlocks the door. OR if you mind-read him for the password in jail and then entered the cave anyway, the door starts unlocked, and there is no cave-in that happens.

The cave-in is triggered by releasing Martis from his cell without mind-reading him.

There is one optional room earlier that has a trapped treasure chest that locks you in a small room with two skeletons, but there's no skill book there as far as I know. That one is blocked by the cave-in. For some reason, you can't re-enter the tunnel from the chapel after the cave-in.

H
stranger
stranger
H
You can re enter the passage by using a trapdoor by the rock face near the first goblin tribe on the left when you exit the village that takes you back into the secret passage from the chapel. Im in the citadel dungeon and i cant find the skill book mentioned in the guide i only get 4 weapons and a cage come down but the cage is empty can some help please.

veteran
veteran
The Skill book is somewhere towards the left or right side of this dungeon (towards the wall on a higher place if i'm correct) .
I only find this info in a earlier post above :
4: Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, one of the five items on chains to choose from (this is in the back of the room). (MISSABLE)

I believe at the left back side if you face the hanging weapons. Not totally sure, sorry ! But warning: don't take any of the weapons, otherwise NO skillbook ! wink

Good Luck up

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by hooley boy
You can re enter the passage by using a trapdoor by the rock face near the first goblin tribe on the left when you exit the village that takes you back into the secret passage from the chapel. Im in the citadel dungeon and i cant find the skill book mentioned in the guide i only get 4 weapons and a cage come down but the cage is empty can some help please.

Yes, you can re-enter the passage from near Broken Valley, but not from the chapel side, which might keep you from getting some things in that section if the cave-in was triggered.

In the citadel dungeon, after lowering the four weapons, face away from the door leading out and walk until the room opens up to the left. In the corner is a skill book on a chain.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard