Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just curious, as I own Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, and was wondering:

-Has anybody who bought FoV, notice any improvements on the engine?

Just curious, because I didn't finish D2 because of that terrible LAG, but if FoV fixed this issue, I would buy it;)

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis Hungarian Translation: 100% DL: https://bit.ly/asCstr
Support
Support

There are engine optimization and performance improvements in the upcoming add-on. A patch should be released about the same time, which you may want to check first to test on your particular system.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LsotProphet
Just curious, as I own Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, and was wondering:

-Has anybody who bought FoV, notice any improvements on the engine?

Just curious, because I didn't finish D2 because of that terrible LAG, but if FoV fixed this issue, I would buy it;)

Yes, and it's an amazing fix: they capped FPS to 30. Forcefully. No matter what - you always have 30 FPS. Sorry, what? Oh, you have GF470SLI? Piss off, 30 FPS anyway :P

There is a rumor tho, that upcoming path *may* add the ability to customize the FPS cap. Let's hope.

H
stranger
stranger
H
30FPS? what were they thinking??!!

Last edited by Highwind; 28/08/10 04:15 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
They probably thought that constant 30 fps are fine. And they're right. AFAIK the problem is the up & down, not a relatively low fps per se.

I've started Div 2 + add-on yesterday, and I've never played it before. I'm playing with pretty good visuals at a 1680*1050 or so resolution (native 22" 16:10) with an X2 @ 2300 MHz in combination with a GeForce 9600. The performance is okay, but 20% more certainly wouldn't hurt. I didn't notice any lag yet.
I believe every office PC with an added 100$ graphics card should be able to run this game okay.

What I really don't like is the abysmal multi-core optimization. One core is at 100%, the other barely uses 10-15%. Approximately 40% of my CPU power is unused.

edit: Just for comparison:
A typical XVID movie runs at 25 fps.

Last edited by Gorath[RPGWatch]; 28/08/10 06:16 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Gorath[RPGWatch
]They probably thought that constant 30 fps are fine. And they're right.

Well maybe 100% reliable constant fps of 30 with perfect motion blur would be ok or something, but it is pretty unexceptable to force this on players. Even if they have reasons they can make this optional at least per config file...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein
Sorry, what? Oh, you have GF470SLI? Piss off, 30 FPS anyway :P

It is nice that your helping people, but this kind of language isn't necessary.

And GF49xx are the real good cards, 47's are ...ok.

Remember, we are dealing with the customers of Larian Studios. If they don't know you antics they might become offended. We don't want any offended here.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 30/08/10 01:55 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Gorath[RPGWatch
]

What I really don't like is the abysmal multi-core optimization. One core is at 100%, the other barely uses 10-15%. Approximately 40% of my CPU power is unused.

I'm not sure, but I think I heard they use the second core for streaming the environment ? Or was this a different game ? think

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

And GF49xx are the real good cards, 47's are ...ok.

You are mixing something up there... We are talking about Nvidias Gtx4xx Series not some ATI cards of 4xxxx Series. GTX470 is the second best Nvidia card atm and in SLI this is pretty high end.

veteran
veteran
Well... now, when Arcania is out I think the Laggy Crown has been taken from FoV :P

Last edited by Kein; 13/10/10 02:37 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard