Next Thread
Print Thread
#420980 07/09/10 11:53 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
The warrior in the GOG version seems bugged, his starting skills (Sword and Augment Damage) increase by 1 every level he gains (they even ignore level requirements). Is this due to a corrupted install in my case or is it a bug?

SacredPath #420986 08/09/10 12:57 AM
Support
Support

There is a known bug/feature since the initial release, where if you have one level in Sword Expertise and Augment damage, after saving the game and reloading you will have 2 levels (this works for other characters than the male warrior, but they have to put the first skill points in themselves).

If that happened more than once, then it sounds like a bug. No one else has reported this AFAIK, so it may be a rare glitch, or possibly something specific to your install/system.

Raze #421046 08/09/10 08:47 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I did a complete reinstall and the bug is gone now, phew. Well the one that I experienced anyways, didn't know there was another bug associated with these skills, I hope it won't show up. Thanks anyway smile

SacredPath #421051 08/09/10 09:11 PM
Support
Support

Glad it was an easy fix. rpg003

Raze #421140 09/09/10 09:04 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Bwhaha, update on the bug list: I just had an Orcish War Drummer turn friendly. After the forced conversation between the guard and Dr. Elrath in the poor quarters, the Orc chasing me turned friendly and was able to converse. It gave the standard answer (Whoah! Put away that weapon friend! etc.), though I did get the "Buah - I cannot stand seeing you alive!" option afterwards hahaha

edit: Shit. It applied to ALL Orcs in the game! Including reputation loss if you attacked them, etc. Would be hi-fucking-larious if I wasn't trying to do a no reload game (and I wasn't going for the lowest rep possible). Still, I might just as well go that route now.

BTW, is there a list of known bugs somewhere? Just to avoid redundant posting.

Last edited by SacredPath; 09/09/10 09:10 PM.
SacredPath #421145 09/09/10 10:00 PM
Support
Support

There is no up to date list of bugs or known issues; there was a topic for the unpatched disk version (QUESTBREAKERS AND MAKING DIV LIFE DIFFICULT), but later patches fixed most of the issues.

I don't think I've seen mention of a group of opponents switching alignment before, but there have been similar, though rare, issues in the disk version.

Hostile traps / summoned / resurrected creatures

A couple people with the download version have had specific friendly NPCs actually be hostile (which could be fixed by hex editing a file in the save folder).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard