Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dimon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello. I am a big fan of DII:ED. Anyways, i wish to know if and when the expansion packs is released for North America. I see a europeon release but not any north american patch release. Will NA get the release too, or will i have to buy the DRAGON KNIGHT SAGA, and have 2 copies of Divinity II?

I am aware someone on the boards asked about FOV coming out in NA, but it says as a patch form if you already own DIVINITYII: ED, which i do (if you want me to rhyme like Bellagar, i can). Anyways, i wish to confirm this will come out for NA and in a patch form. I do not wish to purchase 2 copies of DIVINITY II, even though it is a good game (better than some,worse than others) on PC, i want to try out this awesome expansion coming soon.

Last edited by Dimon; 01/10/10 09:56 PM.
Support
Support

North America will have a release of FoV and DKS, but the US distribution has not been finalized yet (Canadian distribution is set, and shipping doesn't take long from the UK, either). There will at least be a digital distribution of the PC version available in the US, if a physical distribution isn't set in time to match the general release.

There will be a standalone release of FoV for PC, as well as DKS (Xbox will just get DKS).

Welcome to the forum. wave

G
stranger
stranger
G
What do you mean with "patch release"? FoV is a new product. It's an add-on you have to purchase. There will probably be a release on the usual download platforms, but as always you are well advised to buy the add-on on the same platform as the main game. So if you bought retail you should also get FoV retail, to avoid incompatibilities.

Btw, FoV is significantly better than Divinity 2 vanilla, IMHO. I finished it this week. The more compact design and the (quite harmless) monster respawn in dungeons and enemy territory give FoV a different rhythm.

D
Dimon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
oh? I heard at gamestop i would be able to download it online, and it was free, due to my purchasing the orignial game. Im guessing this information was incorrect?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Yes. It's way too big to give away for free. We're talking ca. 30 quests, many with two solutions, ca. 15-25 hours length, technical improvements and full voice-overs.

Shooter developers make 3 full price games out of this. wink

Support
Support

You referred to FoV as an 'expansion' and 'patch', so I assumed you just had a really loose definition of 'patch'...

There will be a patch for D2:ED to include the engine and texture updates, bugfixes, etc, to get the updates that would have come with FoV if you don't get the add-on.

There may be a patch to convert D2:ED + FoV into DKS, so that PC players who have the original game and purchase the add-on can get the remastered content in DKS (altered loot, opponent placing, changed flying fortresses) without having to buy DKS (see here).

old hand
old hand
So our patch plans are the following:

-We ship DKS and FOV in all languages.

-For Germany, we bring out a FOV patch which brings it up to date with the international versions of FOV once FOV is released.

-For ED buyers, we're planning to bring out a free patch that turns ED into DKS minus the FOV content, but with the caveat that savegame compatibility will not be maintained due to the many changes in DKS content. However, we'll need the ok of the publishers of ED to release this patch, s that's still in the air. Due to the rules for patches on the X360, we won't be able to release this patch on X360 for ED since it's going to be very large.

veteran
veteran
Good, now the question - could I be able to install things in this way: ED + patch 1.03 + ED_to_DSk_patch + FOV?

So in the end, I will end up with DKS +FOV?

That's great news thank you Larian! Good luck finishing the final parts of the release.

I can't wait wink

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Kein
Good, now the question - could I be able to install things in this way: ED + patch 1.03 + ED_to_DSk_patch + FOV?

So in the end, I will end up with DKS +FOV?

DKS already includes FOV!

That's probably the wrong patching order.

Normal would be:
1) ED
2) FOV (It automatically patches ED. You can safely assume all required older patches are on the FOV DVD.)
3) newer patches

The result will be DKS if - and only if - Larian releases a content patch to modify ED & FOV (after finding agreements with their publishers).

veteran
veteran
The original post.

Did you read it at all?

Re-read again...

stranger
stranger
Does anyone know if as an American I can buy the UK EoV and install on my US Version? Because I hate how American publishers are about putting out Expansion packs for great European RPGs. So if I can, I'll just buy the UK Expansion off Gogamer. I did it with Sacred 2: Ice and Blood and it worked out good for me.

Their Creators might not like it, but I dont care. I NEVER let stupid publishers keep me from good euro games.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard