Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
For preorder, unlocks tomorrow, I am so pumped, been yearning for a good rpg.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thats weird i live in germany and thiers no option on my steam client??? even restarted it only has the original Divinity II which buy the way is awesome with 3 screen nvidia 2d surround

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yea, although it actually does not have a preorder option. It shows it as coming out tomorrow, i think the international release is later this week. Either way, this is much sooner than I expected and good news.

journeyman
journeyman
Yay im so thrilled about this game i cant wait to try it! Im very glad it will be available as soon as tomorrow on Steam and since i have not played the previous games (Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity) im kind of wondering if they will be available in a package deal or sumtin thatd be awesome :p

stranger
stranger
In Australia there is no purchase button, but it states it is unlocking in a few hours. Also, EB Games has pushed the date back and have no idea when it will be released here.

Any ideas?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Quazar12
Yay im so thrilled about this game i cant wait to try it! Im very glad it will be available as soon as tomorrow on Steam and since i have not played the previous games (Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity) im kind of wondering if they will be available in a package deal or sumtin thatd be awesome :p

It would be best to get the first two games on GOG.com anyway, as they are DRM-free, cheap and come with extras.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It unlocks in 3 hours in NA.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by salad10203
It unlocks in 3 hours in NA.

Its now in 1 hour : )
Can't wait!!!

Edit:

Oh yeah its not unlocked!!
Bought and downloading : )

Last edited by Shinuz; 05/11/10 05:09 PM.
stranger
stranger
Just got myself a copy on Steam in the US. I feel bad for these people who want a store bought DKS in the US, I think they'll be waiting for a long while yet.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by VampLena
Just got myself a copy on Steam in the US. I feel bad for these people who want a store bought DKS in the US, I think they'll be waiting for a long while yet.

It will be pretty easy to get a copy from Canada I would assume. I don't need it OMG today anyway, I'm not that kind of person. Even if it came in the mail today I probably wouldn't install and play it for weeks if not months.

stranger
stranger
It is probably pretty easy to import, but you end up paying alot more for it. Its economical for Americans to just buy it online.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
It is probably pretty easy to import, but you end up paying alot more for it. Its economical for Americans to just buy it online.

I doubt it will cost any more actually, import shipping is not that expensive. When I import from the UK it usually costs about $4 for shipping.

I know these companies want me to buy digitally, but I'm just not going to if there is any other option. I'm a collector, I have a PC games collection going back 15+ years. It's important to me.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I broke down and got the game on Steam, but their doesn't seem to be a Manual, or at least it's not showing up on steam, any chance we can get one?

addict
addict

Gogamer.com is a game-store in USA that sells a lot of imports.
Always worth watching them.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Jasmine Moldovia
I broke down and got the game on Steam, but their doesn't seem to be a Manual, or at least it's not showing up on steam, any chance we can get one?

Jasmine,

In the installation folder there is a pdf manual. Not sure why steam doesn't have it linked through the game library.

(your program files folder)\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity ii - dragon knight saga

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why would you buy the game on steam if you can have it on larianvault for the same price, and knowing you are giving 100% of the revenue to larian if you buy from them, instead of just a smaller percentage if you buy on retai/steam?

I'm sure something is missing in my idea...

Support
Support

On Steam DKS is US$40; with the current exchange rate, from the Larian Vault it is US$56. The Steam version also comes with 3 equipment sets, though I suspect that the price and the fact that many people already have accounts with Steam have more of an influence on the choice of where to get it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Why would you buy the game on steam if you can have it on larianvault for the same price, and knowing you are giving 100% of the revenue to larian if you buy from them, instead of just a smaller percentage if you buy on retai/steam?

I'm sure something is missing in my idea...

Retail gets you a disc and Steam gets you... exclusive items that you do not need and possibly do not want. Unless you are getting FoV for the Steam Ego Draconis, for that you would need to go with Steam (same for Impusle, if it allowed you to download).

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
KnightPT, Honestly I went for Steam because of the Exclusive Items and the cheaper price, I live in the USA, $40 sounds a LOT better than $56.

Also I like the idea of getting MORE for my money, so any time I can get a Bonus in game item or perk (Has to be IN game) I'll take that route.

IF the Vault had priced it in US Dollars AND added a bonus in game content/item (I would of been Happy with a new quest) I would of instantly gone to them.

And thanks for the file path, Reignfyre.

enthusiast
enthusiast
ok now i understand, i was sure i was missing something along the way lol.

As i live in europe i wasnt aware of the exchange currency issue, and quite honestly i try never to get "exclusive items" for the game as i always find they actualy take away some of the fun of the game, normaly those sets feels "displaced" or even something "cheating" about using them.

And, of course, i rather give full money to larian directly, instead of feeding distribution channels that sometimes take away too much percentages from the deals...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard