Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I miss the original main menu music as that was epic, but this new one is just as sweet! wink

Straight back in with the Ego Draconis side and I have been blown away from what I have seen for the first hour or so. I'm only at River town, but that is more than enough to see not the icing on the cake but the most awesome update you could ever wish to see! It's much more smoother, slicker and metallic looking with better more solid animation of everything. The animation was the most important feature I wanted to see and it's really nice now. The player camera has been moved in like 10 meters so it's just behind your character now and you can see things like never before. I was looking at a traders table and it looked cool, almost like playing a new game because you had never seen it like that before - cant wait to see more of the game and what new surprise it has. Not forgetting it has Flames of Vengeance adventure which is going to have to wait till I see Ego out!

Lots of new art work such as the inventory icons and NOW (under line) you can see your character for the first time from the menu's which is really cool because you can now see individual items you maybe using/wearing which is much easier to understand, follow!

It's a real shame the game was not like this in the first place, but in this day and age with the likes of Halo, COD & Kinect you never see updates of your most loved games and to see one like this makes it worth every ounce of gold you paid for it and then some.

Really pleased. If it was not for Ego we would not have the pleasure of what is infront of us today! thankyou

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
journeyman
journeyman
Well, that's great news!

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
journeyman
journeyman
Can you upload some vids?

old hand
old hand
@Dungeon Master: You're probably the first player we got feedback on for the X360 version, so we're very happy to see what we tried to put in there actually got recognized. Thank you very much.

@salad10203: We promised to do that quite some time ago, and time being such a scarce resource didn't manage - I hope we can find some time next week to put some vids on.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Just registered here to say cheers was looking around to see how the updated version is. Couldn't find but ordered anyway was a lil worrid about my order but reading this has got me looking forward to it.
Tried the demo of divinity 2 and was going to order it a few months back but read about the DKS so thought Id wait.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Sad to hear the menu music is different... this is why I am keeping both versions (PC), in case they changed things I liked!

old hand
old hand
Yes, there is that. I'm pretty sure that we've changed some things we thought shouldn't be in there but which some people liked, so I'm curious to see how that will work out.

old hand
old hand
So any chances of photos from all you players?

Very good.
It seems they've massively improved.

Support
Support

The composer Kirill Pokrovsky has links on his website to download the D2:ED soundtrack, and more.

OP Offline
I'm sorry as I don't really have the means to do any justice to the game by creating a video. It would be low rez at 25fps camera bad. You need to see it with your own eyes for real in HD 720p quality 30fps and thats something I can not offer.

I can share a couple of quick camera pics of the screen. Snaps taken from 360 displaying 1080i.

Title screen, it is fully animated and very nice!
pic: http://i52.tinypic.com/3007jvr.jpg

Here is the new camera view, no tricks have been used. The bottom of the legs are cut off, but trust me it is really, really nice to use. As you can see there is a cross hair in the middle of the screen, this is much easier to work with and you can now just aim to high light things even up on out of reach places. Also you can see detail in the trader table, the bottles have a shine to them. Looks amazing. New HUD graphics to boot with some polish on the map.
pic: http://i55.tinypic.com/33xzytt.jpg

The new inventory screen. Sorry a little blur - in a rush. You can move over to all the icons around the charater screen. As I'm only hours in I don't have that much in the way of items.
pic: http://i52.tinypic.com/3093uxy.jpg

You can see in this final in-game shot the shine on the pot above the fire place and on the armour, leather and sword. Imagine it moving in real time with the light and all at 30fps really nice and smooth. Eye candy! stupid
pic: http://i56.tinypic.com/2rcbx9f.jpg

Last piccy. It was released in the UK today. I got mine from game.co.uk
I still have the first Div II and will keep it and will return to it later, but right now I'm loving the new one! Can never have enough copies, like I have a good number of dungeon Master for the amiga kicking about all different versions haha!
pic: http://i52.tinypic.com/11kxw1v.jpg

If you've played the 1st game then your enjoy everything thats new make no mistake! If it's your first time then NOW is the time to grap a copy of this gem! One of the best RPG's this gen just got better! smile

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
old hand
Might trade in Div II Original towards the DKS tomorrow...hmm.
Or head through the Original as I'm yet to finish it :o
Liking the New UI Screen.

journeyman
journeyman
Great with some 360 info!

I played Ego Draconis on my 360 and even got 1000/1000 in it, but I traded it along with 5 other games for a Kinect in GameStop. When I learned of DKS I saw no need to hang on to Ego Draconis.

The pics looks good too, but the title screen music is replaced? Too bad. I loved that tune.

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
old hand
old hand
Ha, I sold my Divinity II long ago as soon as I heard this was coming out. Everything does look different from the original. No offence Larian but that is how it should have been originally. Anyway, I have Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition to finish before I buy this. This will have to be a December buy for me, since Two Worlds II comes out in the UK on January. From what the recent French review says and from people on here say (Dungeon Master included) Divinity II DKS will be greater than the original game. I look forward to it.

Good luck with your next project Larian, you do have talent and I thoroughly enjoyed Divinity II and recommended it to those who were searching for a good RPG.

For £32, DKS is quite a bargain eh?

Last edited by Demonic; 05/11/10 11:24 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Demonic
No offence Larian but that is how it should have been originally.

That was the point; they felt it was not what it should have been due to limitation so that went back and fixed things up.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi peoples!

I'm from Australia and have been looking to buy this game, Some shops have the PC version but no-one has the 360 version. Do you know of any sites I can buy from that don't require CC?

I know ebay has it, so I'll probably end up buying it there >.<

Thanks! =^^=

journeyman
journeyman
loading times are poor when simply entering and exiting from a one room shack.

not very optimized engine when it has to load an entire world space again when youve simply entered said one room shack to check for a locked chest.

edit - and the games is installed on the 250gb hard drive.

Last edited by brandysnap; 06/11/10 10:50 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
How long does it take to load? i've played games that take over 1min to load an area when on the HDD.
If the game is good I wouldn't mind a lil wait, maybe it could have been done better but from what i've seen/heard Larian has done an amazing job.

Now if just i could get a copy >.<

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by evilm3w
How long does it take to load? i've played games that take over 1min to load an area when on the HDD.
If the game is good I wouldn't mind a lil wait, maybe it could have been done better but from what i've seen/heard Larian has done an amazing job.

Now if just i could get a copy >.<

enter inn. 10 seconds.
exit inn. 40 seconds.
enter house. 6 seconds
exit house 40 seconds.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Ah, thank you brandysnap.
I was going to ask somebody to measure load times in their own game, because I raised the same issue in my 360 First Impressions thread, and it was implied that my problem was not representative.
What is your country if I may ask?

I also have 40 second load times from the Hard Drive. It's much longer than the original.
I'm not too picky about load times. While the original Ego Draconis was a bit on the slow side, it was bearable and I would have been more or less okay with the same load times. But this is really noticeable here.

Now if the topic creator could measure load times of the Broken Valley's main section on his own copy, it would give us another bit of data.

Last edited by masa2009; 06/11/10 01:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gwenio
Originally Posted by Demonic
No offence Larian but that is how it should have been originally.

That was the point; they felt it was not what it should have been due to limitation so that went back and fixed things up.

I know but it makes the original feel like a beta test.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard