Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Only the euro ones haha. You guys normally get all the international ones first over us. Oh and Halo.

My favorite. frown

Nice to see some guys over that way appreciate the finer things to come out of europe. wink

Now you just need to buy a Volkswagen. laugh

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 09/11/10 12:48 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
I wish I could share my experience but I had to work a little bit longer yesterday and couldn't get to Game Mania in time. I'm hoping to get my copy tonight! And then I can hopefully assure Lars that it is indeed available for Xbox in Belgium.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare

Now you just need to buy a Volkswagen. laugh

I won't go that far with my European love. biggrin

European RPGs are always my favorite - they just nail the atmosphere.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Glad to hear that - with Fable 3 and New Vegas competing for attention, we can use all the help we can get.

The release date here in Italy is 12 November.
Two Worlds II was supposed to be released the same day but it was postponed to 17 November, so you will get some days of advantage. wink

A question for those who bought it in UK: is it multilanguage?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by CatLover
Glad to hear that - with Fable 3 and New Vegas competing for attention, we can use all the help we can get.

A question for those who bought it in UK: is it multilanguage?

there is no option to select a different language.

old hand
old hand
Actually, if you go to the settings of your Xbox360 and switch the language there, you'll find that DKS comes in different languages. There are two versions: one is German+French and the other is English+French+Italian+Spanish.

I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
First of all: Hi wink
Just registered, but I`ve been reading this forum a lot the last week, being hyped for the 360 release of DKS (I`d wish Amazon would send it already, I sense a depressing weekend without DKS coming up).
It`s a pleasant change to see a forum where customers, Mods and Devs have friendly talks with each other, makes me want to play the game even more:)

Anyway, quick question: Is there a chance to make the english voicepack available through the 360 marketplace sometimes? (some games did that in the past)
I`ll most likely get the german/french version, but the option to switch to english would be great.
As a Firefly/Serenity fan I`d certainly miss the '"shiny" sample I already love on the Ego Draconis demo. I don`t even want to know how that got messed up on translation...

Oh, sidenote: I think I played the old demo about five or more times now, but just can`t beat it;) I always get distracted by sidequests which turn out to be above my level and never do it to the mainquest. I certainly hope the full game allows you to save your progress;)

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Ico
As a Firefly/Serenity fan I`d certainly miss the '"shiny" sample I already love on the Ego Draconis demo. I don`t even want to know how that got messed up on translation...

grin So gorram cool you picked up on that!

Edit: to answer your question ... now, I'm no authority on what gets released and what not, but I wouldn't count on this. If you really want the English texts and audio, you're definitely better off buying an English version, which you can already do via various UK based webshops. wink

Welcome to the forum by the way! wave

Last edited by Macbeth; 10/11/10 06:13 PM.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice
Actually, if you go to the settings of your Xbox360 and switch the language there, you'll find that DKS comes in different languages. There are two versions: one is German+French and the other is English+French+Italian+Spanish.

Thanks again, Lar_q. wink
I'll surely buy FoV for PC, but I'll probably buy also DKS on X360: I love this game!

@Ico: the demo of Ego Draconis doesn't have a proper save function, but it's of course implemented in the full version. wink

Last edited by CatLover; 10/11/10 06:07 PM.
G
G
Ico, I hope you can get the english version as well, just for the sheer joy of hearing Bellegar.

I have to say he has to be one of my all time favourite characters !
Here's to seeing more of him in future installments of the game, or even a possible special a la Oblivions Shivering Iles. I think he would fit so well into that scenario as well.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
Thanks for the quick replies.

I didn`t really doubt the save function on a 100 hours game, but good to have it confirmed:)

Now I am struggling. Delivery from UK to Austria is damn slow for some reason, my last order took over two weeks to arrive:( And I am not good with patience ...

I`ve been curious to see if mentioning firefly would provoke a reaction or just a couple of "???".
Glad to see it did, I guess the sample didn`t slip into the game without a reason then. smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
What's two weeks in the 'verse, eh? wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
Probably nothing, but it sure can feel like a lifetime in MY `verse wink

When it`s about games sometimes I fall back to the mental state of a 6 years old kid crying for his christmas present. Goosh, shame!

G
G
Ico how come you bought it from the UK ?
If you wanted it in German you could have ordered it from Amazon.de ?
or if you wanted it in english you could have done it via steam and played right away ?

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
Misunderstanding Garod, ...I meant to refer to another order I did a while back which took that long to deliver.
Actually right now I have it ordered at Amazon.de, but might cancel it if the urge for the english version grows bigger than the urge to play it this weekend.
As for Steam...I want the Xbox360 version;) (although...being impatient I considered getting the PC version, but just for a brief moment of weakness;)

journeyman
journeyman
*Sigh* ... So I finally made it to the Game Mania and they told me the game was already sold out for Xbox... Good news in a way of course, for Larian I mean smile I told them to give me a ring as soon as new copies have arrived!

Waiting is tough! ^^

old hand
old hand
I'm glad to hear it is finally available in the Benelux. A little bit less enthused over it being sold out, even if that is somehow a good thing wink

journeyman
journeyman
Doesn't that mean that it's popular, if a lot of people are buying it? Anyway, I'm eagerly expecting a text message on my phone telling me I can go pick up my copy smile And once I have it and it's as good as I think it will be, I will definitely do my share of word of mouth advertising! Already been telling my Belgian friends that I really enjoyed Ego Draconis and now is the time to pick up the definitive edition of the game!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AudioEpics
Doesn't that mean that it's popular, if a lot of people are buying it?

That's dependant on how many copies were actually sent out.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 15/11/10 01:19 PM.

M
stranger
stranger
M
In Poland i've got message from Cenega (polish distributor), that title is avaible from 12th November in both versions: PC and x360.
In fact it really is, and right now im awaiting for courier with x360 box. AFAIK right now its only avaible directly from distributor, but maybe it starts to show up in game and media shops.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard