Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Installed hotfix and is working like a charm. constant 60 FPS, everything fluid and extremely fast. No Stuttering, no screen tear, nothing wrong.

No need to say, i'm over the moon. Best €40 i've spent in a longgggggg time.

Originally Posted by LUKI
Frame cap is not helping. Game is still stuttering smirk

What type of videocards do you guys have btw? Nvidia/ATI?

Lacho Calad! Drego Morn!
old hand
old hand
They definitely have the hotfix but we haven't received word yet on when they're going to put it online. Hopefully today - we'll keep on asking.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Patience young padawans! laugh

stranger
stranger
Quick question - if we do have the Steam version, how will we get our mitts on the patch when it's released?

Since you know, it's highly experimental weaponry and I doubt Steam's going to auto-patch our games with something that volatile before a more "official" patch/solution - is there some sort of page you can visit for the game or will it update on the "Recent Updates" bit with a link?

Or will it actually just be an automatic addition? crazy

old hand
old hand
Other than exposing the configuration files, the hotfix does actually solve a number of issues so I don't think there's any reason for Steam not to release it. I assume it will be automatic, but I'm not the Steam expert.

old hand
old hand
We put a version of the hotfix without installers on our support page just in case you don't want to wait for it to become available through Steam or any other digital distribution service that features it's own installer.

http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support.php

A
stranger
stranger
A
A new activation is normal ?
And a fail for this reactivation is normal too ?

But thank for your fast hotfix smile

(for a french steam version)

Last edited by Abso; 10/11/10 03:56 PM.
S
Sea Offline
stranger
stranger
S
I have the same issue ! I tried to install the new patch, the one for Steam, and now the game asks again for my serial number. The problem is that it's not recognized anymore frown

S
Sea Offline
stranger
stranger
S
Yngve, you must open the "config" with wordpad, for example, in order to change things.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Can someone tell me why my max fps are 30 when I set it in config.xml to 60???

Life is an eternal search...
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by koji
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Installed hotfix and is working like a charm. constant 60 FPS, everything fluid and extremely fast. No Stuttering, no screen tear, nothing wrong.

No need to say, i'm over the moon. Best €40 i've spent in a longgggggg time.

Frame cap is not helping. Game is still stuttering smirk

What type of videocards do you guys have btw? Nvidia/ATI?

Using ATI 5970 & 5870 tri-fired at the moment, just ordered a second 5970 so I can go quad-fire and put the 5870 back in my other rig, feverishly waiting for it to arrive.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Can someone tell me why my max fps are 30 when I set it in config.xml to 60???

Same problem here. I downloaded the german DVD Hotfix. Can not remove the 30 FPS cup because change parameters have no effect for me.

D
DiceDuP Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Can you post up the contents of the file to check if it's been done right? You never know :S

stranger
stranger
Is something wrong with my eyes? I cant tell there is any problem with DKS, and I have all the settings on the highest. Also, my computer is 'modern' I play Fallout NV let along other games on "Ultra" (even Crysis) so its not my PC sucks or anything, but I am unable to perceive any problems.

I've heard about this around the fourms before but I never understood the fuss until this thread, yet I still cant tell whats wrong. Im also using a LCD widescreen Flatscreen monitor.

This might sound silly, but do I need to get my eyes checked? I dont see any lag or other issue, save for the Main menu but thats only because my mouse cursor lags.

Support
Support

Different people can be more or less sensitive to frame rates, and the effect can be reduced or amplified depending on the system/monitor. Many people are fine with 30 FPS, or are only slightly bothered, so there is no reason to get your eyes checked. The same variation in people can be found with first person perspective games (especially where you need to look around while moving), or with the various methods used for 3D movies; some people are fine, some can get headaches or nausea over time (in anywhere from seconds to hours).

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the reply, I thought something might be wrong since im not seeing any issues. Its a weird little thing, who would imagine some humans can perceive FPS and some cant?

Support
Support

Well, if it dropped to 1 FPS, you'd definitely notice it. biggrin Different people just have a different threshold of when low FPS becomes noticeable and when it becomes a problem.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
So why remove cap option is not working??

Life is an eternal search...
J
stranger
stranger
J

I totally agree to this post - the stuttering and overall feel of the performance being totally gimped even on sweet PC rigs makes the game unplayable. There is a huge noticeable difference in smoothness at 30FPS compared to 60FPS.

Just for interests sake, I believe the reason it makes a huge difference is because of this: your monitor displaying 30 updates to the game screen per second does not automatically mean your eyes SEE all of them. Your eyes are 'polling' visually at 30FPS, they only intersect about 2/3rds of the screens that 'go by' during that second, you Need more screens flying by so that your eyes pick out 30 solid screens of motion from them (or a nice blur like on TV or like seeing 'real life', where it works totally differently).

I was just complaining about this issue earlier today in the other topic: "Poor and inconsitent framerate on good PC ".

Yes, increasing the max fps to 60 via the config.xml seems to have helped, but I am still not able to find settings that work! When i turn on HDR, i get nothing but a black screen when I'm in the game (not in the menu). When i disable HDR, everything in the game is translucent (partially transparent), you can see right through the character, walls, floor, everything.

So exactly what settings are supposed to work properly on a PC, please tell me?

I'm sure the game works just fine on the Xbox. I'm so happy about that (not).

apprentice
apprentice
At the moment I'm still playing the ED part of FoV, and removing the FPS cap with the hotfix improves a lot the performances on my PC (i5-760 @3,52 GHz, 4GB, 2x GTX 460 1GB OC, SLI enabled using a custom profile copied from the one of Fallout NV, game that uses the same 3D engine) playing @1080p with the level of detail set to Extreme and v-sync off.

But the performances aren't uniform (45 to 250 FPS or more) and in some stages it adds a lot of stuttering, so I think that the game is still very CPU dependent.

So I set the FPS cap to 60, like it was with the first release of ED, and it pratically removed all the stuttering.

However the performances with FoV, compared to the original ED, are similar and there are still some problems inherited from the previous edition and caused, I think, by some memory leaks.
It happens for examples that sometimes in some particulary parts of the map the FPS drop to half without any reason, and only leaving and then returning in that place resolves the problem.

Last edited by CatLover; 14/11/10 11:11 AM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard