Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#423718 06/11/10 02:12 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, just thought I would drop a note to congratulate all involved on what I think is a wonderfull game. Having played DD and BD years ago for hours (far more than is healthy!), I was obviously pleased to see that a next-gen sequel was in the works. I played Ego Draconis a little on the PC but due to lack of time I never really got very far. Anyway I bought DKS for the Xbox yesterday and I'm hooked.

It's obviously a different way of playing than the first games but all the attention to detail is still there. I love all the references to DD, even down to the artwork (books, urns, weapons etc.). The music is wonderfull once again, as is the atmosphere, which was the very thing that really left an impression from DD. I can't really comment on how the revamp feels for the Xbox having not played the first one on this platform but it all feels very fluid and easy to use. I hope it does really well for you.

I have been on these forums for a while now without actually posting and as far as customer relations goes I have never known any other developer that really connects with its fanbase as well as you guys. It really makes a difference in a time when to be honest, £££ is all that seems to matter and the customer is ignored. Don't go getting lazy after all the praise though - DD3 needs working on now! wink

stranger
stranger
I completely agree. Nice to see a fully-featured RPG on the xbox. The upgrade has made a huge difference to the original Ego Draconis. I was loving Fallout New Vegas, and wasn't expecting it to leave my disk tray for quite some time. Now it's going to be a long time before it goes back!

Console owners need to show our support for games like this. I'm tired of the big developers assuming that all I want is Call of Modern Bad Warfare Company 17 and a yearly update of FIFA.

Next on the list for me is Apache Air Assault, if I can bear to take Divinity 2 DKS out of the drive.

Baishy #423742 06/11/10 03:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Wow! It’s great to read these comments after all the efforts the dev team has made trying to develop a great RPG. Thanks for the praise! Comments like this keep us going, woohoooh!

Lynn #423746 06/11/10 03:38 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Excellent work as always Larian.

Whats next on the agenda? laugh

"Fa Li, Fa LI,
morgwin #423748 06/11/10 03:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Holidaaaaays! I wish... wink

Lynn #423749 06/11/10 04:01 PM
apprentice
apprentice
You all earned a good holiday wink

"Fa Li, Fa LI,
morgwin #425514 12/11/10 01:42 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Congratulations Larian Studio us maked for us the BEST RPG game of the 21 century!!!Please keep it up we beg us for more Divinity,more fun and much more laugh Good Job
Only one thing is better than what Larian Studio do,THE GAME!! Divinity 2-Ego Draconis,Flames of vengeance,Dragon Knight Saga the best!!!!
I Love It all,Thank you for this great game what stealed my mind and heart!
I say again Thank you,all team and Kirill Pokrovsky for this fascinating,wonderful,marvelous Game and Music.Keep it up smile

p.s:sry for bad english

old hand
old hand
Next on the agenda is a new RPG where we'll be trying some new things, and we promised to be quite open about the design as we progress. It's starting to materialize into something that feels like it could be cool, so once we have something, we'll be sure to let you know here.

Lar_q #425661 12/11/10 04:53 PM
I must be more than half way through the first part of the game, and I just can't believe how it just keeps on getting better and better.
DKS really deserves a number one slot. wink

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
U
stranger
stranger
U
Larian Studios has quickly become on of my most trusted and favorites. I feel very privileged to have been able to take part in rewarding a group of people for their hard work, and in return to have such a great game to enjoy.

Your activity with your community only solidifies your stance on how important you view your player-base. Allot of us are very tiered of the soulless hogwash that the major large companies are throwing at us and are so refreshed to be able to buy a product that has true effort and hard work put into it. I only wish the best for Larian Studios but hope that no matter how big you guys get that this will never change, as your company is such a rare find this day and age.

As for the game I'm enjoying it very much. I have the steam version so I haven't gotten very much into it yet. I'm just waiting on Steam to get the hotfix so that I can enjoy the experience to the fullest, and from what I have seen so far I have no doubt I'm going to love it all the way till the end.

Thank you very to all the individuals involved in this project and I look forward to seeing what else might be instore for the future.

Unseen #425669 12/11/10 05:11 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Unseen
Larian Studios has quickly become on of my most trusted and favorites. I feel very privileged to have been able to take part in rewarding a group of people for their hard work, and in return to have such a great game to enjoy.

Your activity with your community only solidifies your stance on how important you view your player-base. Allot of us are very tiered of the soulless hogwash that the major large companies are throwing at us and are so refreshed to be able to buy a product that had true effort and hard work put into it. I only wish the best for Larian Studios but hope that no matter how big you guys get that this will never change, as your company is such a rare find this day and age.

As for the game I'm enjoying it very much. I have the steam version so I haven't gotten very much into it yet. I'm just waiting on Steam to get the hotfix so that I can enjoy the experience to the fullest, and from what I have seen so far I have no doubt I'm going to love it all the way till the end.

Thank you very to all the individuals involved in this project and I look forward to seeing what else might be instore for the future.

It has been metioned by other Steam users that Steam has the hotfix, but refuses to auto-update with it. So, you will need to manually update the game.

Lar_q #425671 12/11/10 05:12 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Next on the agenda is a new RPG where we'll be trying some new things, and we promised to be quite open about the design as we progress. It's starting to materialize into something that feels like it could be cool, so once we have something, we'll be sure to let you know here.

Oh no, you just didnt do that! you cant just come here and out of the blue say that, now i'm realy curious lol wink

Good news that you are already working on new stuff!

Paris #425673 12/11/10 05:17 PM
stranger
stranger
I'm quite enjoying DKS. Personally I'm putting it on the same level as Red Dead Redemption and Dragon Age for pure enjoyment. That's quite the esteemed company.

woehoe

Darkhan #425691 12/11/10 06:37 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah more DII fans!
Can't have enough!

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
Lar_q #425692 12/11/10 06:38 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Lar_q

You made my day! up

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
Rhezuss #425987 13/11/10 01:03 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Just got my game in the mail.

One word: Love

thankyou Larian

veteran
veteran
I've played a few hours of ED, and I'm already really impressed. There's a lot more humour, some is really clever ("They... went to a farm where they can laugh and cook all day..."), and there are some really interesting quests for both good and evil oriented characters.

I sure hope that the respawning enemies in certain areas thing is true, though, because I've racked up an incredible experience debt, up to over 275,000 at one point.

Stabbey #426018 13/11/10 03:56 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I sure hope that the respawning enemies in certain areas thing is true, though, because I've racked up an incredible experience debt, up to over 275,000 at one point.

Don't worry it's true near enough all areas in FOV has respawning enemys I was well shocked & very pleased to see it. Now that I'm on my 2nd playthrough I'm not going 2 hesitate to read everyones minds on FOV when I get there thanks for that guy's smile

Lynn #426023 13/11/10 04:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by lynn
Holidaaaaays! I wish... wink

Well I think I can safely say that all of us here think that you've all sertainley earned it we don't want you all overworked. We want you all to be in top condition to bring us more amazing games be sure to take a holiday & rest up you guys you've more than earned a break. smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dk Slayer
Just got my game in the mail.

One word: Love

thankyou Larian

No 2 words TRUE LOVE

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard