Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
ive reached the Sentinel Island and since the beginning of the game ive collected quite a vast array of Gems and Ores of all kind. I never sold them in hope that maybe they would be of some use to me like weapon forging or whatnot ..... but im getting the impression that maybe im just wasting bag spaces by keeping them all heh. Should i just vendor them all or keep them still?

stranger
stranger
Actually those ores and Gems are used to enchant your items (enchantment slots).

You could already do it with the man near the West teleporter (cant remember the name right now).
The good thing of enchantments is that you can remove them (Disenchant) and the use ores / gems to put the one(s) you want on equipment.

Don't worry though, you'll have your own enchanter soon (once Sentinel island is done + a place to store this stuff in the tower).

PS. you learn recipes by disenchanting items as well as buying recipe scrolls.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
thanks for the answer smile i guess ill wait for the battle tower part and store these till i need them :P

enthusiast
enthusiast
Keep Malachite Gems, everything else you can get more than enough of with the runners after getting to the Battle Tower.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Selling diamonds is a great way to build up your cash. I only keep what I know I'll want to use for enchanting and send my runners out from the Battle Tower if I need anything later. You can waste some time sending your guy out for loads of diamonds and never have to worry about money. Same with ingredients, don't waste your backpack space on anything you don't really need.

veteran
veteran
Enchantments somewhat Simplified

The enchanting system is very complicated, it can be hard to know what you should pick up to get the effect you want.

Each Enchantment has a gemstone as the basis of an enchantment. The specific quality of the enchantment requires a specific combination of ores and/or gemstones.

Black Rock is only useful for rank 9 and 10 enchantments, Malachite Ore is only required for rank 10 enchantments, Malachite Gems are only required for Rank 10 enchantments and all ranks of Healing Aura. So you are unlikely to find a use for those while you’re still in Broken Valley. Spontaneous Combustion is an enchantment for Jewellery, not weapons, but it follows the ore pattern for weapons. So if you have a specific enchantment in mind, you will want to pick up only certain types of gems, and if you know the quality of the enchantment, you'll know what ores to seek out.

Weapon Enchantments:

Base Gemstone:
Life Leech: Amber
Poison: Aquamarine, Venom Stone
Fire Curse: Crystal
Mana Leech: Emerald
Increased Physical Damage: Moonstone
Increased Magical Damage: Diamond
Butcher: Obsidian
Spontaneous Combustion (Jewellery): Diamond

Armor Enchantments

Base Gemstone:
Increased Mana: Opal
Life Line: Pearl
Melee Protection: Pyrite
Ranged Protection: Quartz
Magic Protection: Ruby
Magic Damage Aura: Topaz
Retribution Aura: Spinel

Ores Required:

This is almost identical to weapon enchantments, except that instead of Red Ore, Armor enchantments from Rank 4 onward require some amount of Venom Stone.

Rank 1-2: Iron
Rank 3-4: Droxlerite, Fossil
Rank 4-10: Red Ore (Weapons) OR Venom Stone (Armor)
Rank 5-6: Gold Ore
Rank 7-8: Droxlerite
Rank 9-10: Black Rock
Rank 10: Malachite Gem, Malachite Ore

Jewellery Enchantments:

All Jewellery enchantments (save spontaneous combustion) require Gold Ore.

Healing Aura: Malachite Gem, Sapphire, Gold Ore
Retribution Aura: Spinel, Gold Ore
Static Charge Aura: Tiger’s Eye, Gold Ore
Damage Aura: Topaz, Gold Ore
Magic Damage Aura: Topaz, Gold Ore
Poison Aura: Aquamarine, Gold Ore, Venom Stone

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard