Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#425573 12/11/10 09:40 AM
Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,
here are 2 improvements I thought about:
1) mention the bonus given by items to the stat.
Something like: vitality 20 (+4), where 20 is the actual number and (+4) the bonus given by items.

2) add a way to manually place/sort items in the stash of the battle tower.
Example: double-click or drag&drop to transfer items from inventory to stash and single-click or drag&drop to move items within the stash.
Like for the inventory ... I like to sort things.

Imarion
PS: let's not debate (too much) in this post but just list up this kind of improvements.

Last edited by Imarion; 12/11/10 07:51 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Xbox 360 version improvement.

pressing, and possibly holding, RB allows another set of hotkeys to appear or at least toggle the ones on show.

8 skills, mapped to face buttons, isnt enough for all the skills. RB isnt used in the game = missed opportunity and im surprised noone ever mentioned it.

==================

when dual wielding weapons. it would be nice if a comparison showed both weapons you are carrying and not just one of them.

Last edited by brandysnap; 12/11/10 09:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
1) Add an Enchanting and Alchemy tab to the logbook

2) Let Jewelry items be enchanted with Lifeline and Increased Mana enchantments. Right now they can only hold Auras, which are boring (compared with killing enemies yourself), but there are 6 Jewelry types in the game. I can't do anything useful except healing auras with my huge amount of jewelry.

3) Rank 10 enchantments, requiring a Malachite Gem should have 2 or 3 times the bonus that you normally get. The improved enchantments are good, but there's still no reason to go for a Rank 10 on an replaceable piece of gear with an IRreplaceable Malachite Gem if going from Rank 8 to Rank 9 gives the same net change as going from Rank 9 to Rank 10.

4) Perhaps Runners can search for Malachite Gems, but the odds are low so that like 19 times out of 20, they'll come back wounded, and the 20th time, they find a gem. Malachite Gems are worth 2000, so you could be spending 1900 worth of potions to heal the runner (or more if your luck is bad), so it's still a thoughtful choice.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by brandysnap

pressing, and possibly holding, RB allows another set of hotkeys to appear or at least toggle the ones on show.

8 skills, mapped to face buttons, isnt enough for all the skills. RB isnt used in the game = missed opportunity and im surprised noone ever mentioned it.

I agree with this and actually brought this up when Ego Draconis was released. They should have used a similar system that was used in Sacred 2 in terms of using skill hotkeys on a control pad. You could use up to 16 skills hotkeyed including the D-pad, 24 would be possible. It was very accessible aswell.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 12/11/10 06:11 PM.

veteran
veteran
5) In FoV, there's a typo in General Augustus' dialogue when you return to the city: "existence" is spelled wrong.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Is there any chance of being able to name savegames in the future?

Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
Some control, even basic ones, of the creature: wait or stay here, aggressive/passive behavior.

Imarion

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lostsheep

Never mind that, I want the 100 savegame max limit removed.

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey

What ? There was a limit ?

R
stranger
stranger
R
1. Please allow weapon to stay out after cutscenes! Often that 1 second to take out the weapon makes a difference.

2. Death penalty is basically a penalty for being forgetful and not spamming the quicksave key. This often means lots of wasted time and replaying stuff thats not all that exciting and that is not FUN. I'm not advocating that death should not be punished, but don't waste my RL time, punish my character not me with stat reductions, xp or gold reductions, etc there is lots of room for creativity here.

3. Double click on save game = load. This is standard convention for computers. Don't make me click up here then click down there to confirm.

But I do love this game! Just a few annoyances.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by reignfyre

Death penalty is basically a penalty for being forgetful and not spamming the quicksave key. This often means lots of wasted time and replaying stuff thats not all that exciting and that is not FUN. I'm not advocating that death should not be punished, but don't waste my RL time, punish my character not me with stat reductions, xp or gold reductions, etc there is lots of room for creativity here.

That works for MMORPGs, but not single player games.

Every game out there does the exact same thing.

3. Double click on save game = load. This is standard convention for computers. Don't make me click up here then click down there to confirm.

That's a standard? Dunno what you mean by that, because in every game I've ever played (and that is a lot, 20 years worth of games) we've had the standard save button and load button.

Last edited by Eliirae; 13/11/10 05:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by melianos

What ? There was a limit ?

Yes, there is, and if you look in your C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames folder, you'll see why, savedgames are called (savegame##.dsg). That's two digits for the numbers. That's why there's a max of 100, and you can hit that easily if you make multiple characters and save often.

Allowing you to name your own saved games would actually be a solution to this.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by brandysnap

==================

when dual wielding weapons. it would be nice if a comparison showed both weapons you are carrying and not just one of them.

Wait, RB isn't for the dragon?
When I saw the empty slot in the button layout at the beginning of the game, I was pretty certain it would be for the dragon transformation when you finally get that ability.

I find it hard to believe, when so many options are clumsily crammed into the long-winded Start menu, that they would leave RB empty for the entire game.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lostsheep

the limit on the 360 is far less. i want it increased aswell.

veteran
veteran
Move the Blood Echelon and Wild Dwellers Cuirass pieces from Sentinel Island. Perhaps one could go into the chest that you need to pull 4 levers scattered around to trigger, perhaps the other into the chest on top of Lovis's Tower that requires a teleporter.

The the other two starter sets can be completed before entering the Maxos temple.

Sentinel Island is where you start finding pieces of the Fjords sets, so the Blood Echelon and Wild Dwellers armor are already on their way out before you even get much chance to use it.

@@@

You can find an Enchanter, Necromancer and Alchemist in Broken Valley. Why not a skill re-trainer? Early on is the time when you most need a skill re-trainer! (The price per re-training with a Broken Valley retraininer should be lower than 5000, try 500 or 250 for your first retraining.)

@@@

Ronon's scrying stone quest - This isn't needed, but it would be nice if you hand the stone over to him without using it yourself, you can find a stat book on
Ronon's body, because you get a stat point if you use the stone and mind-read the ghost.
I'd also like it if I had the option to lie and say that I did use it, even if I didn't, and I could lie again and say it took me to that house of leather place, therefore tricking him .

@@@

Formulae should appear much more often as possible quest rewards, because they are really hard to find randomly. I finished Broken Valley, and I only have about 6 formulae from random drops. Don't offer drinks, food or clutter as optional quest rewards, those are worthless.

Last edited by Stabbey; 17/11/10 06:33 PM. Reason: added correction about Wild Dwellers armor
veteran
veteran
Enable quickload when you're dying or at the "Load or Exit to Menu" screen. I don't see any reason why we can't quickload after we die, but instead need to go through a death animation and a menu first.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by masa2009
Wait, RB isn't for the dragon?

According to the manual RB is used to strafe evade when in dragon form.

Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
1)
Drink restores mana
Food restores health

2)
health and mana restores while in the battle tower.
Mayby the fact that they do not is a feature or a bug, but if not here is a suggestion.

Imarion

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Imarion
1)
Drink restores mana
Food restores health

2)
health and mana restores while in the battle tower.
Mayby the fact that they do not is a feature or a bug, but if not here is a suggestion.

Imarion

food & drink already do that thay just don't recover a lot

& if thay were to allow you to heal in the battle tower it would make the game 2 easy as everyone would be travaling back to the tower everytime thay were about 2 die.

stranger
stranger
Changes I'd like to see in the next game:

- more armour/weapon visual types (felt like there were only 4-5 different "looks" in the whole game)
- more face/hair customization options
- ability to "dye" armor at the illusionist (or whatever equivalent NPC)
- don't give skill books as rewards (I liked randomly finding them in EG; in FoV it seemed like every other quest gave you a skill book)
- stackable charms
- falling damage (nothing extreme, but it was strange to fall off gigantic cliffs and not take even one point of damage)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard